Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

How is the ambition stat suppose to go up? I'm Arsenal boss and I've won the FA Cup and League two years running, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup as well as a number of other cups/competitions, yet my stats is something ridiculous like 3.

One thing I'm grateful they changed with the patch is how the loyalty stat changes, because it seemed that everytime you offered a player to someone, the stat would drop.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

Holy shit, I was in the FA Cup Semis against Chelsea, I scored a goal after 1 minute, then, in the second half, I had four of my players sent off (including my goal keeper) and Carlton Cole scored two goals in the 89th and 90th :(

I feel cheated by Russians <_<

Edit:

TMM, my ambition raised when I was promoted (twice) and won the FA Cup. Guess you have to be crappy and go good >_>

Edited by Ringo Von Masterson

How is the ambition stat suppose to go up? I'm Arsenal boss and I've won the FA Cup and League two years running, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup as well as a number of other cups/competitions, yet my stats is something ridiculous like 3.

One thing I'm grateful they changed with the patch is how the loyalty stat changes, because it seemed that everytime you offered a player to someone, the stat would drop.

I think it's to do with saying you're confident about winning matches, cups, leagues, etc, or you hope to.

I'm always polite in the media, which I assume is why I'm 'media-friendly'.

I'm 'media-friendly' as well, but I've been slagging off Tottenham, Luton and all my rivals by basically saying I'm gonna beat them easily, or they're gonna get relegated, but I'm still 'media-friendly'. Ah, it's fun.

I agreed a new contract with Arsenal in March 2008 (my contract expired in June 2008), although they had rejected to attempts from me to negotiate a new one, but when they finally offered me a contract I asked for the stadium to be expanded (bare in mind this is at the two-year old Emirates Stadium) and they said yes. I'm worried now because last time on a FM/CM game they agreed to expand the stadium I was temporarily moved to White Hart Lane!

Arsenal put a roof or something on Ashburton on my game, the first I knew of it was when the FA cup draw game up and said something like 'Charlton face tough test against Arsenal at Wembeley'. I think it said it had 90,000 seats, I should check and see how much they are filling it.

Does anyone else find a lot of propositions for pre-season friendlies get rejected? I seem to have asked just about every major club in Europe, but only Celtic and Porto want to play.

It means I have a great pre-season programme of matches against Celtic, Runcorn, my under 18 squad and Porto.

I'm currently doing a bit of an Everton. Managed to finish 7th in the Prem in my first season with Portsmouth, in the close season I've brought in a better goalkeeper (Kirkland to replace Westerveld), some squad players (Flamini) and signed some of last seasons loan signings on a permanent deal.

In theory, I've got the same tactics as last season, with a better team playing them and yet I'm 19th after 9 games. I've had a few tough games to open with (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool), but I've lost 7 of the 9 games, got a lucky win at home to West Hamand scraped a draw at Leeds. Southampton are bottom, with only 1 point - that's the only positive I can take from my second season so far. That and I'm into the second round of the UEFA Cup.

To raise your ambition you need to act confidently going into games (say you'll have no problem winning, say you're relishing the prospect of beating them etc) and declare interest in big name players. That shows you're ambitious. Of course, if you lose the games and don't get the players you declare interest in, you'll look like a right twat.

I'm currently doing a bit of an Everton. Managed to finish 7th in the Prem in my first season with Portsmouth, in the close season I've brought in a better goalkeeper (Kirkland to replace Westerveld), some squad players (Flamini) and signed some of last seasons loan signings on a permanent deal.

In theory, I've got the same tactics as last season, with a better team playing them and yet I'm 19th after 9 games. I've had a few tough games to open with (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool), but I've lost 7 of the 9 games, got a lucky win at home to West Hamand scraped a draw at Leeds. Southampton are bottom, with only 1 point - that's the only positive I can take from my second season so far. That and I'm into the second round of the UEFA Cup.

I've always maintained that FM/CM lets you do good on the first season, and will always fuck you over on the 2nd. It's happened to me too many times for my liking >_>

I'm Bolton in March 2006, and I'm a young and talented manager. My stats are all around the 12/13 mark, as I rarely get involved in mind games. I'm 3rd at the minute, I'll probably finish 4th as Everton are 5th and about 10 points off the pace.

GK: Jaaskelainen

DR: Hunt (Brilliant)

DL: Zonneveld (Been absolutely class)

DC: Ben Haim (Solid. Interest from Man Utd, Betis and Liverpool)

DC: Jaidi/Campo

DMC: Speed©/Campo

MC: Nolan (My best player by a mile, captain when Speed leaves)

MC: O'Brien (Been decent. I had Vilakazi, he broke his leg, he's still out and his stats are shite)

AMR: Diouf (My best player stats-wise, he never performs. He'll be sold in summer)

AML: Vaz Te (Really developing)

FC: Pedersen (Scored something like 20 goals, 2 ahead of Nolan)

I edited it a bit, so I got Jansen in January (Evra to Man U, Krompkamp to Liverpool etc) - but he's been average. Porsmouth have £100mil, and decided to buy Okocha for £5mil, Gardner for £10mil (!) and Davies for £2.5mil. I have a decent amount of money, but no one I really want to spend it on.

At the end of the season, Anthony Grant (Free), Stephen Ireland (£750,000), Joe Keenan (Free), Antonio Vera a really promising 19 yr old DMC from Sevilla (Free) and Liam Ridgewell (Free).

I wonder how my team copes with CL next season.

Edited by The Mighty Boosh

Played on with my game this afternoon with Portsmouth and it's now no longer a Portsmouth game. I had to get results from games, only trouble is that meant going to Aston Villa (who were top 3) and Arsenal. I lost both 3-2, had been leading Arsenal 2-1 at one point, and was sacked.

I'm straight back in with Coventry who were 6th in the Championship. Few games in we've rose to 3rd, although my away form is as awful as ever, I seem to lose everytime on my travels and badly. Anyway, negotiated my contract to last only from when I signed (Jan 2007) to the end of the season, if I don't go up I'll be off in search of a Premiership team.

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

And I've gone to the Premiership, the board's given me a great transfer kit (16 mil) which is odd because they usually give shit when you get promoted. I've already got a fairly decent squad:

GK: Brad Freidel (Blackburn were relegated, snatched him for half a mil, he's a steal)/Niemi (I got promoted and Southampton got relegated so I got him on the cheap)

DR: Glen Johnson (was on loan, I bought him for half a mil)

DL: Leighton Baines (2 mil + Kris Commons to relegated Wigan)

DC: Matthew Upson (Transfer listed at 1 mil from relegated Birmingham)

DC: David Weir (free)

DMC: Freddy Guarin (cheap from God knows where, came along in the second year)

ML: Morten Gamst Pedersen (1 mil from Blackburn, steeeeeeal, easily my best player)

MR: Aaron Lennon (was on loan, then I bought him for something like 1 mil and a half)

AMC: Rivaldo (really cheap from Olympiakos)

FC: Giussepe Rossi (was on loan in my first season, went back to Man Udt, was transfer listed and I bought him for 1 mil, he's awesome and scores a goal a game)

FC: Duncan Ferguson (really cheap from Everton and awesome as well)

Appart from those, there's even older guys like Karembeu or Desailly on my bench. I've got Anthony Vanden Borre, Benoit Pedretti, Taye Taiwo, Leo Messi and Tal Ben Haim joining me on frees, as well as Kompany who was transfer listed at Chelsea for 3 million, which leaves me with roughly 13 million. Anyone got any recommendations for players that will fill voids? Keep in mind that I also need a strong squad for the UEFA cup.

Alright, I need some squad strenthening. A central midfielder and a striker would be ace. The'y basically be cover. Money isn't really an issue, but I dont wanna pay millions and milions for someone who may just be sat on the bench. Ideas?

Ive only justs started the season, its late August want some quick deals before the deadline hits. And it also explains why there are no new signings in the IX:

(4-4-2) Robinson, Stalteri, Naybet, Dawson (King is injured for some months), Lee-Pyo, Lennon, Davids, Jenas, Routledge, Defoe, Mido/Keane.