Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Got the game today, started as Tottenham (was gonna be Chelsea to get used to it, and have loadsamoney but decided not too).

Does it matter if you dont use the team talk feature at all? I probably will now and again, but not everytime.

I may add a striker to the squad, but I don't know who. I'm after Petrov from Celtic to add depth to the midfield.

Also, is it me, or have they removed the 'get coach report' feature for trialists? I have Karembeu and Babangida on trial, and wanted to know what the coach's thought.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jiri Stanjer from Paris!

I got him for my Spurs side, he scored 13 goals in 18 games. Then he lost his form after January and scored only 1, till the end of the season. Sold him to Boro for £2.5m.

I read somewhere that it does matter if you use the team-talk feature. Something about morale and players' attitudes towards you.

Yeah, I assumed it mattered if you wrongly used it, I just wondered if you did nothing what happened.

I'll use it if they need it (really good/bad/unlucky) performances and the like

OK, I suppose. Playing as Malmo, we're doing well except we're always conceding goals in the last 10 minutes or so. At half-time we'll be coasting, dominating the game. Second half the other team'll start to get back into it, but never pose a serious thread - until the 80th minute. It's a pain in the arse. I've tried going to a defensive mentality, time wasting as much as possible etc. but it's not helping at all.

OK, I suppose. Playing as Malmo, we're doing well except we're always conceding goals in the last 10 minutes or so. At half-time we'll be coasting, dominating the game. Second half the other team'll start to get back into it, but never pose a serious thread - until the 80th minute. It's a pain in the arse. I've tried going to a defensive mentality, time wasting as much as possible etc. but it's not helping at all.

I use the teamtalk at every occasion. :blink:

5 or below - Disappointing at full-time. Encourage at half-time (or take them off). Angry if sent off.

6 - Did well (if we win), disappointing (if we lose). Encourage at half times.

7 - Pleased.

8 and above - Delighted!

And if they play well after being shit for ages it's - I WANT YOU TO PLAY LIKE THIS EVERY WEEK DAMMUT (it's a real suggestion).

Or you could just let your assistant do team talks via the manager options. But that means you wouldn't actually be managing anything. You might as well be a highly influential member of the board.

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

I'm strict with mine. They need 10 to get Delighted or Sensational, anything else is Pleased. 6 is dissappointing and 5 and under is embarassing or angry. It works best for me. I also only single out indiviudals if they were really good like 9 or above or it they sucked, 5 and under.

I'm strict with mine. They need 10 to get Delighted or Sensational, anything else is Pleased. 6 is dissappointing and 5 and under is embarassing or angry. It works best for me. I also only single out indiviudals if they were really good like 9 or above or it they sucked, 5 and under.

Edited by The Kraig

I was doing great with Hartlepool, ask Dan.

Neil Mellor and Kevin Kyle are AMAZING at that level, they score goals for fun. I haven't played in days, because TEW seems to be consuming my life slowly.

But I assure you, I am rocking.

When I first started the game, I did the "I want you to play like this every week" thing every time I won...even though they were playing like that, so my players were getting upset and wanted some praise for their performance, so the realisation came about how stupid I was.

Now it depends on how things go in the game. Especially with being Arsenal, I've got high standards for my team and like, I just beat Luton 7-4 at their ground in the Premiership with a second-string team. This being a Luton team who haven't won in 30 league games and had about 7 points after 31 games, yet I bloody conceeded 4 goals which left me pissed at my back four. They all got "angry" or "disappointing" where as everyone else got "did well" or "delighted".

My game is going awesome though, as I've won the UEFA Super Cup, he Community Shield and the Carling Cup so far, and I'm in the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup and the Semi-Finals of the Champions League and am 15 points clear in the Premiership after 31 games with 28 wins and 3 draws, nearing 100 goals. I'm on a 54 game unbeaten run in the league, and I'm well chuffed. Might leave in the summer maybe.

Got offered the job as Italy coach. Didn't even apply for it. I accepted and shall bring my Italian assistant manager at Spurs along with me. Called Grosso up cause he's played a big part for my Tottenham side, down in left back. We defeated Romania 2-0 and drew with Russia 1-1. We've qualified for Euro 2008, so all is good. You can't go wrong with young Leo Messi out on the left in midfield, and Valdo out on the right. Put in two decent central midfielders, and you've got an awesome midfield line. I have Carrick and Jenas in there.

Edited by Lost Soul

When I first started the game, I did the "I want you to play like this every week" thing every time I won...even though they were playing like that, so my players were getting upset and wanted some praise for their performance, so the realisation came about how stupid I was.

Now it depends on how things go in the game. Especially with being Arsenal, I've got high standards for my team and like, I just beat Luton 7-4 at their ground in the Premiership with a second-string team. This being a Luton team who haven't won in 30 league games and had about 7 points after 31 games, yet I bloody conceeded 4 goals which left me pissed at my back four. They all got "angry" or "disappointing" where as everyone else got "did well" or "delighted".

My game is going awesome though, as I've won the UEFA Super Cup, he Community Shield and the Carling Cup so far, and I'm in the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup and the Semi-Finals of the Champions League and am 15 points clear in the Premiership after 31 games with 28 wins and 3 draws, nearing 100 goals. I'm on a 54 game unbeaten run in the league, and I'm well chuffed. Might leave in the summer maybe.

Edited by The Kraig

So you're trying to win the hexuple or something? (0_o)

And I hate shitty players who get angry at not being called up to the national squad. Kenny...you've just not good enough!

So you're trying to win the hexuple or something? (0_o)

And I hate shitty players who get angry at not being called up to the national squad. Kenny...you've just not good enough!