Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm well chuffed with my Arsenal game at the moment. Well, all bar the fact I got knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages finishing 3rd in a group with Lyon, Ajax and another team I can't remember. Although, I'm in the final of the UEFA Cup against Chelsea, so it's not to bad.

I've won the UEFA Confederations Cup (Sao Paolo - 7-0), the UEFA Super Cup (uh, CSKA Moscow I think), the Carling Cup (Chelsea - 3-3 and 3-2 on penalties) and I'm top of the league, two points clear with three games in hand over 2nd place Man Utd at the end of April. Oh, and I'm in the FA Cup final against, oh yeah, it's bloody Chelsea again.

I've spent quite a bit of money so far, but spent it somewhat wisely. One thing that pissed me off was, after trailing Kameni for all of the first season, I gave up and agreed a £5m transfer for Frey and a £1.9m for Zotti (to be Frey's back-up). The day after I sign them both, Kameni signs a new contract and get's a £7.5m release clause in his contract! Grrr. "Well" I thought, I have the money and he's gonna get so much better (he's already one of the best 'keepers on there stats wise) so I sign him. Well, decent start but his form is eratic, so he gets dropped for Frey who has played amazingly in every game he's played. Also signed Michael Carrick from Tottenham for £9m. My fans didn't like that. They were pissed that I was interested in him, and weren't overly happy to see him sign. Oh well.

I've got Javier Saviola, Javier Portillo, James McFadden (I have no idea why) and Freddy Adu all coming in on a bosman in the summer, along with some others and Leo Messi for £4m, which I'm really happy about.

Edited by The Monkey Molester 27

Messi for £4m, that's a good deal. Messi has got awesome stats, he's 18 and is an amazing winger. I'm Tottenham. I was thinking of off loading Keane for around £5-£6m, in the summer. He's been playing on an average level, scoring average goals. I'm bringing in Stajiner from Paris, so I'll give him a chance and see what he can do for my side. We're currently 3rd, Arsenal are behind by 3 points with two games in hand. We're fighting to get into the Champions League, especially when we have 3 games left, and have lost the last two.

Guest muddatrucker27

I started a test network game with Liam and it was kinda funny, he even bid for Pascal Cygan, but lastnite I played a game with my friend Max, we were probably playing for around 2 hours, cancelled all but one of our friendlies and the season is still yet to start.

Its a nice idea, but its so dreadfully slow, even when you impose a 2 minute deadline between clicks, I make bids on players, give them the day to answer me and by the time they do, it seems like it'd been weeks.

I've got quite a decent Tottenham side now. I signed Grosso For £5m in the summer. Prior to the summer, I managed to snap up Park from Man Utd for £3.9m. Anyways, I signed Grosso, Stanjier from Paris on a free, James McFadden for £1.4m, and the most surprising, and greatest bargain I've ever received Didier Drogba for £3.3m. He scored two in his debut.

So, the question is, who is your biggest bargain of all time? And for how much did their services charge you?

Started a game as Portsmouth, this is only the second time I've really played it since buying it when it came out - it's taken me a long time to get into this particular version of the game. I'm heading into the last 10 games of the season in 4th position with most of the original squad still intact. Added Michael Brown (for around £1m who's definitely been my best buy and gone on to become captian) and Rasiak from Tottenham, as well as a few cheap no-name signings from Africa to bolster the squad (I was hit hard by the African Nations and slipped to 9th for a while). Managed to raise plenty of cash by flogging off reserve strikers at £1m a go.

Agreed to bring Kirkland and Joey Barton in at the end of the season, David Healey has come and gone - my only waste of time and money, the rest of the signings have done really well.

To those playing as smaller clubs in the Prem, what formations/tactics are you going with?

I play a counter 4-4-2 at home, when away I shift one of the forwards to in between the midfield and defence and go with the 4-1-4-1. Apart from a 4-1 win at Old Trafford I seem to get a pasting from the big clubs (United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool).

I just got to the end of my first season and was delighted to see Jose Mourinho get FIRED.

Chelsea came 4th in the Premiership, were runners up in the FA Cup, went out of the Champions League in the first knockout round, and lost in the quarter finals of the league cup.

Can anyone answer my question from above?

Quick question:

Is it possible to train players to "Natural" in a new position?

I've trained plently of players to "Accomplished" but was wondering if it's actually possible to take it up to the next level....

I don't think so, I had Tony Grant training as a CM for ageees and it only got to accomplished. In real terms though, think of it like Alan Smith - he can play as a CM forever, and it'll never be his natural position.

And, in my game, Chelsea won 4 consecutive titles with Jose. Wenger is the only one who remains out of him, Ferguson and Benitez.