Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The New York Post report the Rangers sign free agent foward Brendan Shanahan

As a Rangers fan, if this is indeed true then I am happy about this.

It's on the Rangers website so yeah it's true. We've also signed Aaron Ward and Matt Cullen who were both free agents after the Stanley Cup. And re-signed Martin Straka.

Good period for the Rangers.

The Ottawa Senators have traded Martin Havlat and Bryan Smolinski to the Chicago Blackhawks in a three-way deal also involving the San Jose Sharks.

So here is the trade

- San Jose got Mark Bell from Chicago

- Chicago got Martin Havlat and Bryan Smolinski from Ottawa

- Ottawa got Tom Preissing, Josh Hennessy, Michal Barinka and a 2008 second-round draft pick from Chicago

I don't really know who won this trade as it would depend on if Havlat signs long-term. Don't know anything about Tom Preissing only heard of him. Hennessy and Barinka are both young and I have been told are both good prospects for the future and could possibly play for Ottawa this year.

Edited by CKN

San Jose getting Mark Bell is good for them. Bell is still young and is a very good hockey player, with a well rounded set of skills.

Havlat is a good second line goal scorer, but if he doesn't sign a long term contract then he really isnt that big of a help. Smolinski is interchangeable with a bunch of guys in the league.

Ottawa reloads on young talent, any of those players could become regulars with the team or AHL for lifers. Second round draft picks are always nice though.

San Jose getting Mark Bell is good for them. Bell is still young and is a very good hockey player, with a well rounded set of skills.

Havlat is a good second line goal scorer, but if he doesn't sign a long term contract then he really isnt that big of a help. Smolinski is interchangeable with a bunch of guys in the league.

Ottawa reloads on young talent, any of those players could become regulars with the team or AHL for lifers. Second round draft picks are always nice though.

Guest Grapehead

John Muckler is a great GM, but this trade is so fucking hard to decipher. I think all three should benefit from it, but of course my bias says Preissing will make a surprising impact.

I think the Senators wont be nearly as dominating as last season, but I have no doubt in the teams ability to still finish at the top of the Northeast Division, or at least in 4th place in the conference. Toronto and Buffalo (assuming they dont need to fire everyone after half the team went to arbitration) will have a good chance this season of catching the Sens.

2006/2007 NHL Schedules Released

So no Pacific division games this season for the Northeast division this year :( I was really hoping I could see Ottawa against Anaheim as I really want to see Pronger/Niedermayer in Ottawa. At least I can go see Ottawa against Edmonton or Vancouver at home this year.

Also what a great way to start the season

October 4th: Senators @ Maple Leafs

October 5th: Maple Leafs @ Senators

Yeah, and with Raycroft in nets, Toronto looks to have a banner season.

Oh how I feel I'm going to eat those words.

While I doubt Montreal will be a contender this year, much less even make the playoffs, we have picked up some new guys.

Montreal signed Sergi Samsanov today, Traded away Richard Zednik to the Caps for a third round draft pick in 07, picked up Mike Johnson from Phoenix for a fourth round pick in 07 and re-signed Abeschier.

I really feel that Montreal got way less than they deserved for Zednik.

The Northeast looks to be very tough this year, Ottawa is still a very strong team, they might not do as well in the regular season, but I expect more in the playoffs, Buffalo is just a tank of a team, Montreal is slowly trying to improve but I feel will have less success than last season. The teams I see failing in the North East are Boston and Toronto.

The Northeast looks to be very tough this year, Ottawa is still a very strong team, they might not do as well in the regular season, but I expect more in the playoffs, Buffalo is just a tank of a team, Montreal is slowly trying to improve but I feel will have less success than last season. The teams I see failing in the North East are Boston and Toronto.

Yeah, and with Raycroft in nets, Toronto looks to have a banner season.

Oh how I feel I'm going to eat those words.

While I doubt Montreal will be a contender this year, much less even make the playoffs, we have picked up some new guys.

Montreal signed Sergi Samsanov today, Traded away Richard Zednik to the Caps for a third round draft pick in 07, picked up Mike Johnson from Phoenix for a fourth round pick in 07 and re-signed Abeschier.

I really feel that Montreal got way less than they deserved for Zednik.