The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

I bet Bettman is jerking off into a big heap of American flags while farting on Chris Pronger as we speak.

An Oilers fan said that when the Chris Pronger news broke, and I laughed.

No, Pronger and Peca married psycho bitches. Neither one of their families want to live in Canada generally, or Edmonton specifically. It sucks, but it happens. It's always a risk when you trade for someone that they'll hold out for similar reasons and it has happened before. Generally people always assumed it was financial before, but family has a suprisingly heavy effect on things like this. Pronger signed a long term deal... he wanted to be in Edmonton. But he doesn't want to get divorced because his skank ho doesn't like Edmonton, so...

There's no conspiracy, but if you can put Chris Pronger in an American market in the eastern conferance, you know Gary Bettman has a hard on.

And I'm more confident about Rask playing in the NHL then Raycroft. Raycroft sucked some serious ass last year. If that's still in his head, look for him to suck more ass this year.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rumors at the draft were that the Wild picked up Demitra in an attempt to convince Gaborik to re-sign. Guess he got tired of being on a team that's perpetually rebuilding.

Also said that McCabe has a contract from Toronto, he just hasn't signed it yet.

I like the addition of Raycroft; who knows how Rask will do when he goes up to the NHL, and we traded a prospect for a guy that can go in net and start NOW should Belfour retire/not re-sign.

So I was expecting more trades... <_<

Draft is over (or almost is). This years draft was very exciting in the first round but after that it wasn't very good. At least in the last draft I actually knew people who were being picked in the fourth and fifth round.

Ottawa picks up the following

• Nick Foligno

• Eric Gryba

• Kaspars Daugavins

• Pierre-Luc Lessard

• Ryan Daniels

• Kevin Koopman

• Erik Condra

I am just going to say I have only ever heard of or seen Nick Foligno.

Guest Grapehead

So I was expecting more trades... <_<

Draft is over (or almost is). This years draft was very exciting in the first round but after that it wasn't very good. At least in the last draft I actually knew people who were being picked in the fourth and fifth round.

Ottawa picks up the following

• Nick Foligno

• Eric Gryba

• Kaspars Daugavins

• Pierre-Luc Lessard

• Ryan Daniels

• Kevin Koopman

• Erik Condra

I am just going to say I have only ever heard of or seen Nick Foligno.

I have never heard of the guy who Toronto drafted.

Another benefit to the Raycroft trade is his salary. A capable starter, his salary is only $1.6 mil. I saw on TSN and Sportsnet that getting Raycroft at that price means Toronto is now able to try and get Chris Pronger.

lol, oh dear. Trading Chris Pronger for Tomas Kaberle. That's kind of like trading a steak for a rice cake.

Guest Grapehead

Man I totally missed the Demitra trade, he used to play for the PEI Senators, and he was one of my favourites, so it's pretty sweet to see him looked at as someone valuable.

Edited by Grapehead

Kaberle is not the same kind of defenceman as Pronger. While Kaberle is good on the offense, he is nowhere near as physical as Pronger or as solid a defender.

Kaberle's no trade clause only comes into affect after July 1st. That's why they were putting him into the deal now. And giving up Steen or Stajan is retarded in my opinion.

OK, decision time for you guys. My birthday's coming up, and I want to get a hockey shirt - the problem is, I can't decide whether to go for a Maple Leafs one or a Team Canada one. Hence, I'm putting the choice in your hands:

Should I go with a) Maple Leafs home jersey

b) Maple Leafs away jersey or

c) Team Canada jersey

Also, should I get a name and number on the back? If so, whose?