The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am pretty excited for this game the major reason though I think is just to see who the Conn Smythe will go to as it could be a number of people. Also the draft is on Saturday which is always fun. Go Oilers! :D

P.S. Where is Jerichoholic... I think he stopped watching :shifty:

I am pretty excited for this game the major reason though I think is just to see who the Conn Smythe will go to as it could be a number of people. Also the draft is on Saturday which is always fun. Go Oilers! :D

P.S. Where is Jerichoholic... I think he stopped watching :shifty:

Oh the irony.

But yeah, I'm pumped. I don't care WHO is playing, there is nothing more exciting than a Game 7 in hockey.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

thoughts:

-both goalies were incredible

-it wasn't carolina winning this game as much as edmonton losing it...a 5-on-3 and you can't even get a shot off? pathetic.

-ron brindamour is a class act...ray whitney less so

-carolina's pa announcer has one bizarre voice

-i'd been souring on bob & harry lately, but harry won me back tonight with his "Now the PA announcer's going to tell us what happened...or play some organ music nobody knows the title of"

-speaking of that late 1st-period mishap, how can you argue it? delayed penalty, edmonton touches the puck, so what happens after that still counts?

Guest Grapehead

Fernando Pisani was the obvious choice for Conn Smythe glory, had the Oilers won. He was on the ball constantly, in the right places at all the right times, and came up big at crucial points throughout the playoffs. The value of that goes far beyond a solid goalie, especially considering Markannen was able to hold Edmonton in the series, I don't think Rolosson was carrying the Oilers at all.

PS- I love Rolosson, I used to watch him, when I was a kid, in the AHL when his team(I... believe it was the St John Flames) hit up the Island, so I'm not taking away from the fact he had a great season and playoff run.