The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huzzah, a 3-2 win over Ottawa! So we end up with a season series tie of 4-4 against Ottawa. Was a really good game, it really had an intense atmosphere on the ice. Was incredible to watch. And I'll say it from now. Abeschier is quite possibly one of the luckiest goalies ever. I mean he played really well, but there were a few open net chances that Ottawa missed.

Damn it, Basha. That means Tampa Bay's the one that needs to choke big time. I'm still hoping that, somehow, we will get to see Toronto and Montreal face off in the playoffs because that is always intense.

I have to keep hope alive!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I miss you Sami Salo!

Guest Perinteinen

Well, Los Angeles doesn't play very well, but next season when i buy Canal + to watch Los Angeles Kings games here from Finland they will win whole season :).

Huzzah, a 3-2 win over Ottawa! So we end up with a season series tie of 4-4 against Ottawa. Was a really good game, it really had an intense atmosphere on the ice. Was incredible to watch. And I'll say it from now. Abeschier is quite possibly one of the luckiest goalies ever. I mean he played really well, but there were a few open net chances that Ottawa missed.

Guest Grapehead

Correction the first period was incredible and felt like a playoff game... the second and third were ruined by horrible inconsistant ref calls on both sides.

And question why do the habs fans cheer like they won the stanley cup when one of their players gets into the opposing teams zone? It gets annoying after a while.

Nah Habs fans are by far the most annoying in the league. Like we discussed CKN they cheer for anything and it just gets more annoying everytime.

EDIT: If the Leafs make the playoffs it's because of Mats....the man is insane.

EDIT2: 4 goals for Mats to keep the hopes alive. Fuck I love it.

Edited by Clawson

Well I was very disapointed in the sens for letting the bruins tie the game up when they pulled their goalie. But Chara makes me very happy when he pulls off a sick wraparound in OT for a nice looking goal for his second of the night.

I want to make dirty, greasy man love to Mats Sundin. 4 goals, and assists on the other two. We almost blew the goat, with Pooferovsky taking a late penalty in OT, but FUCK YOU! Sundin hits the wide open Kaberle for the OT winner.

Fuck all you naysayers. Even if Toronto doesn't make it, this is fun to watch.

Guest Grapehead

I don't know everything about the standings system in the NHL, but if Buffalo loses, would Ottawa then clinch the division tonight? Buffalo is 8 points back, 4 games remaining, so they'd have to win all 4 right, so losing tonight would give us the division? I'm not crazy am I?

Toronto needs to win out. Tampa faces Carolina twice and then finishes with Washington, and we need them to lose two. Atlanta needs to lose one so they dont steal our spot, but they face Washington twice, Boston and Florida. Joe Nieuwendyk will save us!