The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montreal vs Ovechkin tonight. Hopefully we stop dicking around and snap our 3 game funk. Huet is getting the call tonight and should help not suck copious amounts of cock in net.

If we can produce the same sort of offence 40+ shots as we did against Pittsburgh we should come out with 2 points.

Huge week for Toronto. Tough game against Carolina on Tuesday, then two games against Montreal - in Montreal. If Montreal wins both of those, then its game over for Toronto. If Toronto wins, they close the gap. And I wanted both teams to win. :(

That Vancouver - Edmonton series is going to brutal. One team is going to get completely fucked there.

Not nesscessarily. The Kings look like they're going to choke their way to the golf course, meaning both the Canucks and Oilers can make it as seeds 7 and 8. If the Canucks failt to pick up at least 4 points, though, they could be in serious trouble. Hopefully, as a fan of both, we get 3 great overtime games.

One thing that I find very exciting is that if Ottawa beats Pittsburgh tonight they will be the first team to clinch a playoff spot. Also Ottawa will most likely be able to reach 100 points first in the standings if their game finishes before Detroit's (which it should since it starts half an hour before) but if Detroit wins then they will still have the lead in the NHL with 101 points. Just thought I would bring that up.

Guest Grapehead

Senators reach 100 points first, and since the Preds knocked off the Wings, it's a tie at 100 points for the Presidents Trophy. Good night for the Sens, I was happy to see Vermette get his goal, he was working his ass off tonight. Tempers flaired a little, but all in all it was just a solid effort by the Sens to keep on rolling towards the playoffs.

Toronto won a big one tonight. They looked in control until the third, but managed to hang tight and win. All three goals came on the powerplay. If a team doesn't take penalties against Toronto, then Toronto loses.

Saw this at the si games NHL EHM 05 board. Made me laugh.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.

Canadians plant gardens.

40° Fahrenheit (4.4° C)

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Canadians Sunbathe.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

Italian Cars won't start

Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

Distilled water freezes

Canadian water get thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.

Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40° Fahrenheit (-40° C)

Hollywood disintegrates.

Canadians rent some videos.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

Ethyl alcohol Freezes.

Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

Hell freezes over.

THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS WIN THE STANLEY CUP

I like it.

I am watching the Flyers vs. the Rangers on TSN. I'm enjoying the game, it's 4 to 3 for Philly. Jagr has a hat-trick I think. Like he needs all those points...

Edited by desiredtoe

Mats Sundin penned that over many years after he began to notice that his teammates werent worth what they were being paid, regardless of how much they were being paid.

then he woke up one day and realised that this "worth your dosh" condition was contagious.

Edited by plubby

Guest Grapehead

How about them Sabres, choking a perfectly good chance to take a step on the slumping Hurricanes(well... slumping as in they aren't on fire anymore). I put my money on Buffalo last night, and never again, because they should've had that game in the bag if they expect to win the Cup this year.

Belfour is officially gone for the rest of the year. I have heard a lot of people saying "Thank god!" and people generally ragging on him for this year. I disagree, I would like to see people give Belfour, who is probably going to go into the Hall of Fame down the line, get some of the respect he deserves. I think it is pretty lame that the year ends this way for him - with inconsistent play and less then average numbers from him. If Toronto decides to not bring him back for one more year, I think Belfour should try to sign with someone for one more year.

EDIT - And the Eastern Conference, at least the last couple of playoff spots, are really tight. The West too. I don't remember it being so close the last time we saw hockey.

Edited by desiredtoe