Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ARGHHH!

Aki Berg, oh how I dislike you strongly. Toronto loses 3 to 1 in Buffalo, with the game winner coming from Aki Berg falling to a MIKE GRIER deke. Drury got a PP goal in the first and an empty netter to seal it.

Toronto now needs to do well on the weekend against NYR and Pittsburgh to make up for the loss and keep the playoff hopes alive.

This is a bit old, but...

Atlanta has been done the benefit of playing the Lightning three times, the Capitals twice, the Panthers twice, the Islanders twice, the Hurricanes twice, and the Bruins twice, while only playing true top teams like the Senators, Sabers, Flyers and Devils, only once each.

Guest Grapehead

Another shootout loss for the Sens, they have a serious snakebite when it comes to shootouts. 1 point is better than no points, but still, we lost an excellent opportunity to gain ground on Carolina. Ottawa needs to win Sat and Sun now to make up.

GYS: I don't think Carolina is first in the league material. They essentially had one shithot line shooting out the lights and a pair of hot goalies. Their secondary scoring is average and their defense is questionable, so now that Eric Cole is dead, I can't see them posing too much of a challenge.

Edited by SeanDMan

Toronto makes me want to cry. Seriously, New York has only one big offensive threat....and they still manage to let Jagr score. Penalty trouble killed the Leafs, and if they keep playing this way they can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Montreal gets really lucky last night. We lost 5-4 but Atlanta also lost so we're still in 8th. I don't care how many games at hand Montreal has, it means fuck all if we don't win them.

Abeschier lets in more soft goals last night, it was brutal, he's really not performing all that well.

Boullion was taken off on a stretcher, but in the first, wow what a monster hit that was.

The Gazette was complaining about HNIC again, going on about how a national broadcast for toronto gets 1.5 million viewers, a cable station in Quebec brings in 600,000 viewers for the Habs etc etc etc, all this to say that they were printing a bunch of Maple Leafs jokes sent in by readers. One of my favourites was;

How many Maple Leafs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

6, 1 to screw it in and 5 to stand around and talk about how great the old bulb was.

I always thought that Hockey Night in Canada showed Montreal games in Quebec, Toronto games in Ontario (cause who wants to see Ottawa?) and Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton games in the West.

Edited by desiredtoe

Ya, who wants to see Ottawa, a team with actaul skill. But don't worry desiretoe, once the playoffs start there will only be one team from Ontario to route for. (Sorry I had to) But I think to answer your question, CBC showed the Montreal game nationally (it was out here in Halifax) because Sid was in it. It's rediculous, but what can you do.

Big game for my Sens last night, moving into a tie with Carolina for first in the east with a game in hand. Tonight they have a chance to take sole possession.

CBC didn't show the Montreal game nationally. I got the Leafs game in it's entirety, and only once it finished did they cut to the Pens/Habs.