The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those two games against the Islanders later on in the year are key to the Leafs chances. I just don't think Atlanta is going to be able to make the final push this year but they're going to be dangerous next year for sure.

I just think it's going to come down to Toronto, Islanders and Tampa.

Clawson, you're an idiot. Atlanta is HOT HOT HEAT right now. Kovalchuk is ripping it up, and guys like Hossa and Bondra and MARC FUCKING SAVARD are chipping in with secondary scoring, now that they have an actual goalie, look out. Tampa Bay is a mess, they have no goalie, their top stars in Lecav and St. Louis are slumping and inconsistent, and their heart and their freaking captain is in the god damn minors. This is a team with nothing but the benefits of a hot shot out the box, but the rails have fallen off. The last playoff spot in the east is Atlanta's to lose. Even if the Leafs pass the Islanders in those two games, Atlanta has been done the benefit of playing the Lightning three times, the Capitals twice, the Panthers twice, the Islanders twice, the Hurricanes twice, and the Bruins twice, while only playing true top teams like the Senators, Sabers, Flyers and Devils, only once each. Atlanta should more or less coast in. If Toronto can pass them, I will be amazed.

One reason why I'm more optimistic about a playoff spot is because the Leafs are actually playing with their famous heart and grit again with some players surprisingily stepping up their play (Ondrus and I still can't believe how solid Belak was yesterday). Atlanta certainly have the talent to do it but I'm not all that sure of their heart.

Hell with a win in either one of their next games Toronto or New York can be tied with Atlanta with equal games played. So I don't think Atlanta is going to make it, but they have the talent to that's for sure.

Ondrus stepping up his play isn't suprising, if you've watched Leafs games this season where Benon has played, he's been on.

I thought that was a great game to watch, exciting and it was very back and forth. Boston killed themselves with the back-to-back 5 on 3's in the second, and Toronto held the momentum the rest of the way.

Guest Grapehead

Ottawa pulls out the last second win, and I mean that almost literally. Alfredsson takes it home with 7 seconds left in regulation, talk about heart breakers. On top of the win, Ottawa keeps themselves within 1 point of Carolina and the President's Trophy. Three important games to take them into next week, Boston on Thursday, and Buffalo and New Jersey Sat. and Sun., they need atleast 2 of 3, but they are well capable of being 3 for 3.

http://www.canucks.com/images/inbydate06/m...06/trevor_b.jpg

The NHL came to visit General Motors Place in order to shoot a series of commercials with Trevor Linden, Ed Jovanovski, and Anson Carter. Each player had an individual shoot which was set up in a certain theme.

Trevor Linden's shoot was a bit of a cold experience as he had to strap on ice packs on his shoulder, elbow, and both knees in order to get the look of a hard-worked, injured athlete.

http://www.canucks.com/theinsider/default....ionID=5&id=1510

...the look?

Left on the season for the Canucks is Columbus, the Flames, the Red Wings, the Sharks twice, the Avs, the Kings twice, the Ducks twice, the Sharks twice, the Wild twice, and the Oilers three times. It looks like, givent he schedules, the Kings are more then likely going to slip out, the Ducks will probably sneak in, and if the Canucks and Oilers both play for the rest of the year like they have been recently, one or both of them may end up golfing next month.

Which would make me cry.