The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

It sucks having the opposing goalie win a game doesn't it? Now you know we felt in the last playoffs. The Leafs gave a much better effort when comparing it to previous Sens games, but as Clawson said, they have bad coaching. And not to brag, but they plain and simple aren't as skilled as the Sens.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the sens were, I would say, outplayed but they still played good. Ray Emery probably had his best outing since his slump tonight. And look at that Eric Lindros is out for the season (or so I am told). That is all I really have to say at this point since I am tired.

What's wrong with the Leafs? What's that? 5 in a row, and the 8 in a row not too long ago. It seems like out of nowhere they've dropped out of the playoff race as they're 7 points back of the Habs now.

Montreal is 3-0 after the olympic break and after a 6-2 win over Tampa last night they could move into 7th place tomorrow night with a win.

The "goaltender stole the game" excuse was nonsense when it worked for Sens fans, and it's nonsense even if it works for Leafs fans. If Emery lifted the Sens past the Leafs, the Sens played better. It's not like he's some neutral force that just happened to play in their favour, he's a team member, and if he makes the team better single handedly, so be it. They did what they needed to do to win, and they won. This need to shift the blame from a losing team to how well the opposing goalie played is pointless rationalization.

My Sens are looking good. Now, back in the day when Tucker hit somone with his helmet and was not suspended, I was pissed. Why, because when you do not learn from an event it is doomed to repeat itself. During the game tonight a Tampa player ripped off Vermette's helmet and nailed him in the head with it. Thankfully, this guy got the boot. Had Tucker been properly diciplined this probably would not have happened.

My Sens are looking good. Now, back in the day when Tucker hit somone with his helmet and was not suspended, I was pissed. Why, because when you do not learn from an event it is doomed to repeat itself. During the game tonight a Tampa player ripped off Vermette's helmet and nailed him in the head with it. Thankfully, this guy got the boot. Had Tucker been properly diciplined this probably would not have happened.

I wasn't a brawl though, the refs were breaking up a group of players when it happened. Artuchen (not sure if that's how to spell it) just ripped off Vermette's helmet and smoked him. Had it been a brawl then maybe they wouldn't have had the opporunity to think about it, but in this situation I think the player at fault could have. And how many players have been kicked in the NHL since Havlat got 5 for it? 0. And how many players have now been hit with a helmet since Tucker got a slap on the wrist? I rest my case.

Edited by prime time

That was the second time Havlat kicked someone, and there were incidents between then and the second occurance.

And since Havlat did it Malkin got suspended at the Olympics for it.

They always say that suspensions send a message and resonate that something will not be tolerated, but I disagree. Suspensions are PR moves and nothing more. Look at the Oprick situation. 3 games for finishing a check. He didn't do anything outrageous and it wasn't above and beyond anything we normally see in the course of a standard hockey game, but Cole got hurt, the NHL got bad press, and Orpik is now suspended.

Guest Grapehead

Glad Emery got a shutout on his record for his good playing in Hasek's leave. Didn't see any of the games since the Olympic break, but hopefully I'll catch the next one.

Is anyone else tired of Steve Moore? <_<

If it wasn't for Eastside Hockey Manager, then yes.

But with it, no. Steve Moore is a barrel full of laughs.

Ugh, I swear to god somebody needs to murder Pierre McGuire. Atleast once every minute he has to praise Montreal or make excuses. Sure I can understand why they're tired but I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT EVERY FIVE FUCKING SECONDS. How does this asshat still have a job?

And Seany, what do you do to the fucking bugger in EHM?

The thing that drives me insane about McGuire is that not once does he mention that EVERY team gets this schedule. Oh, poor Montreal playing 30 games in 20 days... it's called being an NHL team in an olympic year, idiot.

The Edmonton Oilers have a new No. 1 netminder, acquiring Dwayne Roloson from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a first round pick and a conditional draft pick.

The conditional pick is a third rounder if Roloson re-signs with Edmonton.

The Wild have long been rumoured to be shopping off one of their goalies, and Roloson was the odd man out after the team re-signed Fernandez to a multi-year contract last week.

Roloson, 36, is 6-17 this season with a 3.00 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage.

The move comes just hours after Mike Morrison was put on waivers by the the Oilers.

Morrison was put on waivers one day after failing to stop a shot during the shootout in loss to the Dallas Stars. Ty Conklin started the game, but was pulled in favour of Morrison for the shootout. Morrison gave up goals to Sergei Zubov and Jussi Jokinen as the Oilers fell 4-3 to Dallas.

Conklin was visibly upset about being pulled.

"I don't make the decisions," said Conklin. "I would have made a different one."

"There are a lot of teams looking for one more save a night," said Oilers coach Craig MacTavish after the loss on Tuesday. "We're one of them."

Guest Bluesman

Great move for the Wild. Roloson was not in this team's plans for the future, and we ended up getting a 1st (and maybe a 3rd) for a guy we would have let walk after the season.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired defenceman Luke Richardson from Columbus for a fifth round pick and conditional fourth round pick.

Richardson, 36, returns to the team that took him seventh overall in the 1987 Entry Draft.

Richardson, a 19-year veteran, was named captain two months after signing with Columbus in July 2002.

The team removed the captain's "C" from his sweater after being benched for the last game of a seven-game losing streak last November.

Good job, Fergie, because what the Leafs need now is MORE old players. Richardson was an underaverage defenceman on an underaverage team. I suppose nothing's changed.

Edited by .Beatnik

Team 1200 (radio station in Ottawa) just as they were commentating on the game said that sportsnet(I think) is saying that David Aebischer(sp?) from Colorado has been traded to Montreal for Jose Theodore. This hasn't actually been confirmed by anyone yet but this would be the biggest trade of the week imo.