The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's more like Quinn has immunity kind of like Eddie when it comes to bad goals it's "always" our defense that allows it to happen.

Shit man, I feel sorry for you guys. So more or less he can screw up as much as he wants and nothing, at all, will happen? I mean, even the Baltimore Orioles forced out Earl Weaver when everyone realized he couldn't manage baseball anymore.

Edited by damshow

It's more like Quinn has immunity kind of like Eddie when it comes to bad goals it's "always" our defense that allows it to happen.

Shit man, I feel sorry for you guys. So more or less he can screw up as much as he wants and nothing, at all, will happen? I mean, even the Baltimore Orioles forced out Earl Weaver when everyone realized he couldn't manage baseball anymore.

Montreal grabs a 5-3 win on their first night back and with Toronto losing they pull just a little bit further away from les tetes carres over in Toronto with 3 points and a game at hand. Should be a fun dash to the finish with those two going at it for the spot.

If Toronto didn't go on that 8 game streak of ineptitude this would be a completly different story, then again, it brought Montreal into #8 so I'm not complaining.

Guest Grapehead

Ottawa continues to play like a team fighting for the 8th playoff position, and not a team competing for first place in the conference. They go up 4-0 on the Penguins, then in 8 minutes let them back into the game 4-3, it was just horrible to watch. One thing, Emery did look fairly decent tonight, despite one weak goal, the other 2 were defensive breakdowns and miscommunication.

Ottawa continues to play like a team fighting for the 8th playoff position, and not a team competing for first place in the conference. They go up 4-0 on the Penguins, then in 8 minutes let them back into the game 4-3, it was just horrible to watch. One thing, Emery did look fairly decent tonight, despite one weak goal, the other 2 were defensive breakdowns and miscommunication.

Edited by CKN

Guest Grapehead

I have to say when Pittsburgh got those 3 goals I wasn't scared because Ottawa already scored 4 :D . I am not really worried after this game Emery played very well despite as you said one weak goal. But the reason I am not worried is because it is the first game back from olympic break and the players have been either away at the olympics or down south getting a tan.

Oh an one final thing.... hey look Buffalo lost 4-2 to Atlanta :D .

I have to say when Pittsburgh got those 3 goals I wasn't scared because Ottawa already scored 4 :D . I am not really worried after this game Emery played very well despite as you said one weak goal. But the reason I am not worried is because it is the first game back from olympic break and the players have been either away at the olympics or down south getting a tan.

Oh an one final thing.... hey look Buffalo lost 4-2 to Atlanta :D .

Guest Grapehead

Have the Leafs/Sens played a single game yet with both teams have their full starting roster? I believe everytime they played thus far someone important was out, and with Hasek out, it would just be another one. Should be good, hopefully Emery is playing with some confidence after two good games, superb games if you compare them to his awful losing streak previous.

Have the Leafs/Sens played a single game yet with both teams have their full starting roster? I believe everytime they played thus far someone important was out, and with Hasek out, it would just be another one. Should be good, hopefully Emery is playing with some confidence after two good games, superb games if you compare them to his awful losing streak previous.

Guest Grapehead

The first two games? I can't remember if Sundin was injured in the second sens/leafs or third.

Yep, Sundin was injured opening night. Last night was a great effort from the Sens, even though it was Washington, they still played great and had determenation, something which they have been lacking fro a while. Spezza slamming his sitck on the crossbar after the Ovechkin goal shows just how bad they wanted to get Razor the shutout. But like is has alreadys been Razor's real test will potentially be Saturday depending on the two teams play.

This Canucks/Blackhawks game has decended into idiocy. Alexandre Burrows get sucker punched before he has his gloves off... he was going to fight anyway, but didn't drop his gloves before he took a punch to the face... and yet the Chicago player doesn't get an instigator penalty, somehow, and yet on the same brawl, out of a scrum, Jarkko Ruutu gets a double minor for punching a guy who already had his gloves off? Then Barnaby drops the glove with Brookbank, okay, Brookbank is destroying him so Barnaby shakes his head and drops his hands, when the refs move in, Barnaby sucker punches Brookbank. Well, fine, Brookbank is a big man, but not only does Barnaby not get an extra two for the cheap shot, Brookbank gets an extra two for instigating! Then a Chicago player is called for hooking Kevin Bieksa on an odd man rush... and the back referee calls Bieksa for holding the stick? What the fuck? The refereeing in this game has been attrocious, and three players have been taken off the ice following hits from behind, Kesler (whose ankle looks clearly broken), Morrison, and Bryan Allen, but the refs are preventing any Canucks players from getting at Lapointe who took out Allen. I mean, I'm already pissed because the Canucks are down by three, but this retarded reffing is just beyond belief.

As I type this, though, the Canucks were on a five on three and Todd Bertuzzi tried the Marek Malik in front of the net and got it in. Then, while still on a five on four, the Canucks have a delayed penalty coming for a cross check and as Naslund comes off the bench he gets high sticked in the face and draws another penalty. The Canucks are now behind by one but fuck, this game is weird.

And now Patrick Sharp just took a skate in the face.

So they go over the penalties now... Brookbank, Ruutu, and Bieksa now havve misconducts and are gone, same with Barnaby, but add that to Kesler who is out of the game injured, Sharp getting stitches, it's skeleton crews.

Edited by SeanDMan

It didn't end there. They somehow worked it out in their retarded skulls to send the teams out five on five, in overtime.

The Canucks eventually won in a shootout, but jesus that was a terrible game.