The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really shaky start for the Canucks against the Ducks. They get outshot by about twenty shots, and Auld gets yanked after giving up a third goal in the first period. Oullette comes in and the Canucks get one back, but still, looks like a come back if the Canucks want to win at all.

Also: off the opening faceoff Teemu Sellane just about dropped em with Alex Burrows. That would have been fun.

Saturday night's Sens game is on CBC.. Hockey Night in Canada, durrrr.

McCabe's "unsportsmanlike" penalty was the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen.

But yeah we didn't deserve to win that game.

Edited by CKN

Guest Grapehead

Gold: Canada

Silver: Russia

Bronze: Czech(def. USA)

As far as the best olympian, that's a tough call, but for Canada I think Joe Sakic will play a big role, as he usually does at this level. Meanwhile the Czech's will lean on Hasek, while the Russian's will depend on a heavy offense to offset defensive struggles that will plague them at the opening games. I'd say, the olympic hockey MVP would be Sakic, if I had to pick anyone off the top of my head.

Oh man, I hope Toronto wins Saturday night. I am getting tired of turning on the hockey, and then becoming really depressed when a team like Phoenix can't be put away, or we get completely run over by Ottawa.

And I am happy that the Olympics are coming around. Hopefully the break will allow Ottawa and Toronto to get back on track, as they both seem to have no momentum. Oh...and theres the whole Olympic Hockey thing.

And the sens go into Olympic Break with a win against Philly 3-2. It seemed like the Sens played a good game despite letting the Flyers get two unanswered goals but a win is a win and that means Buffalo stays behind still. :D

Montreal lost tonight, Huet played a strong game but he gave up a soft goal in the first which didn't help. In OT it was 1-1 and Huet made an absolute amazing save, which will probably take sportcenter's highlight of the night to keep it tied, but he got beat in Shootout. So at least we got a point.

Toronto got slapped around by New York which is good considering they're Montreal's biggest rivals for the #8 spot. The only bad thing to come of tonight was that while we do lead Toronto by a point with a game at hand. Atlanta climbed to within 2 points, thankfully they've played 2 more games than Montreal.

It's a good way to break for the olympics and it will certainly prove to be an exciting race to the finish.

Also, Koivu was resigned to a 3 year deal worth 14.25 million dollars.