The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

I love how the shoe's suddenly on the other foot. Why then, when the Leafs were blown out by the Sens 2 years ago with more salary sitting in the press box than on the ice, was the injury excuse not valid? Why have the anti-Leaf contingent, err I'm sorry, all Canadian hockey fans not from Toronto, taken to insulting the Leafs for their injury troubles because they're so fucking "old"? Such a sweet smell of hypocrisy in this thread.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Grapehead

I love how the shoe's suddenly on the other foot. Why then, when the Leafs were blown out by the Sens 2 years ago with more salary sitting in the press box than on the ice, was the injury excuse not valid? Why have the anti-Leaf contingent, err I'm sorry, all Canadian hockey fans not from Toronto, taken to insulting the Leafs for their injury troubles because they're so fucking "old"? Such a sweet smell of hypocrisy in this thread.

I find it funny when they say missing our best two-way player (Steen), our best playermaker (Allison), our best goal-scorer (Tucker), a top 4 defensemen (Colio) and a guy who was leading the team in goals before his injury (Lindros) won't effect us.

What the FUCK are you talking about?

Guest Grapehead

Why do you two get so fucking defensive? I... don't recall saying anything about the Leafs, the only thing I said was a pure fact, that the Leafs had a rough time at the start of the season without Sundin. Who the hell was bringing up the 2003/04 season? I am saying, and you can't disagree, that Ottawa is playing awful without Alfredsson and Spezza, and it is CLEARLY a result of them being out, and nothing else. Not only are they missing stars, they are missing their regular 'scrubs' like Bochenski, so it goes farther than just simply their stars.

Oh yeah, and saying the "Leafs leading..." doesn't say much, Spezza and Alfredsson are LEAGUE leaders, it means more.

Wow did I ever compare Steen to Havlat, Allison to Spezza or Tucker to Alfredsson? No I didn't, I just said the Maple Leafs were missing some of their best players yet seem to be doing okay. And the reason we lost some of those early games was because Eddie had his usual season opening slump. Just face it, even though the Sens may have more talent on their first couple of lines, the Leafs have much better depth thus we can fight through key injuries.

Guest Grapehead

Wow did I ever compare Steen to Havlat, Allison to Spezza or Tucker to Alfredsson? No I didn't, I just said the Maple Leafs were missing some of their best players yet seem to be doing okay. And the reason we lost some of those early games was because Eddie had his usual season opening slump. Just face it, even though the Sens may have more talent on their first couple of lines, the Leafs have much better depth thus we can fight through key injuries.

Depth? Please. Eddie is the only reason your team is doing as well as they are. You said it yourself, when he was slumping they weren't winning. And it's not as if he was playing horribly either, he just wasn't winning game by himself. Also, the point that I was trying to make was that the Leafs have not lossed as much skill due to injuries.

Edited by prime time

I'll not predict a score, but I will say that the majority of the Canuck players will spend their ice time either diving or cheapshotting Flames from behind, like they do every time we play them.

Haha. Predicting is fun. I predict the Flames will trap and generally look completely lost in the game, bailed out by their goaltender.

As for this thread going quiet, I was mostly watching the World Juniors which no one saw fit to mention... with the exception of Douggie in a completely different t thread, and GYS on a compeltely different board.

Depth? Please. Eddie is the only reason your team is doing as well as they are. You said it yourself, when he was slumping they weren't winning. And it's not as if he was playing horribly either, he just wasn't winning game by himself. Also, the point that I was trying to make was that the Leafs have not lossed as much skill due to injuries.

Guest Grapehead

Ed Belfour GAA - 3.14 SV% 89.8

Mikael Tellqvist GAA - 2.47 SV% 91.9

Yep, all Eddie.

Eddie: 18-12-2

Telly: 5-3-1

Really no difference, the Leafs have scored plenty of goals in some games but the goaltending has been weak, while they haven't scored when our goaltending has been superb.

And I think GAA and SV are much more important stats in determining a better goalie since, you know, your skaters need to score to win.

Ed Belfour GAA - 3.14 SV% 89.8

Mikael Tellqvist GAA - 2.47 SV% 91.9

Yep, all Eddie.

Calgary tries to traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap their way to victory and take too many penalties on the clutch and grab. Sami fucking Salo raises the roof and gets a million and a half points, Morrison gets the game winner, and the crowd chants Calgary sucks, the best chant out of GM Place since they gave the American junior team whatfor.

Guest Grapehead

Really no difference, the Leafs have scored plenty of goals in some games but the goaltending has been weak, while they haven't scored when our goaltending has been superb.

And I think GAA and SV are much more important stats in determining a better goalie since, you know, your skaters need to score to win.

Obviously, but I was saying, when comparing a backup to a starter, you need to give the games played and wins to contrast. I see "telly" and "eddie" as equal.

Also, no matter how I punched those records into a calculator I never got beatnik's numbers... is there a special way to calculate hockey stats?