The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the replay and I couldn't see this phantom spear. All I saw was two guys exchanging shoves and then Spezza start wailing on Coliacovo. I don't know how you guys can say he can "hold his own" in a fight, he went after a midget rookie who isn't really what I would consider cream of the enforcer crop, jumped him, and had leverage the whole time, which, by the way, wasn't very long. It's not like Coliflower is a Zdeno Chara type who can lay flat down on the ice and still punch guys in the face, he was hosed the minute he lost leverage and never had a chance. I can see Spezza getting suspended for it but it will be kept short, probably just one game.

Does anyone have footies of the fights? They seem hesitant to show any fights on clip shows if it escalates into anything at all.

Spezza had the eyes of a murderous caged animal while he was fighting it was awesome to see that. I am biased towards him just so everyone knows if you haven't already figured out he is my favorite player.

If anyone should be suspended it should be Wade Belak for intentionally putting his stick in between Neil's legs and hitting him in the nads.

I want to see what happened to Bochenski. I heard Berg took him out but that can't be right, Berg doesn't take anybody out.

Nah, same sort of deal as with Havlat's injury, Berg barely touched him, and he just sort of went into the boards upon no violent act of Berg's.

Edited by Santa Clawson

Guest Grapehead

I want to see what happened to Bochenski. I heard Berg took him out but that can't be right, Berg doesn't take anybody out.

Nah, same sort of deal as with Havlat's injury, Berg barely touched him, and he just sort of went into the boards upon no violent act of Berg's.

Edited by Grapehead

The Bochenski injury is hard to say it is not berg's fault that Bochenski hit the boards like he did but I just saw on sportsnet that he did touch him as they were skating very fast for the puck. It is hard to say how hard he touched/possibly pushed him so doesn't really matter.

Also I haven't seen anything to do with the Spezza fight since the game. It is like sportsnet, score and sportscentre aren't showing it for some reason. Or maybe they are waiting for when they announce it for sure as a suspension.

Edited by CKN

With every game the leafs play, the less likely they'll be making the playoffs, especially how great the eastern conference is this season. Right now its looking like a battle between the Devils and the Leafs for that 8th spot in the playoffs. And if Leafs make it to the 8th spot, guess who they'll be facing? Surprise, surprise, Ottawa Senators and this time there's no choking goalie on their side :crying: There's always the Flames....even though it wouldn't be the same cheering for them then cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Even though its too early to tell who will make the playoffs, but by basing it on where we are now, the leafs are in trouble.

Edited by Laice_

Guest Grapehead

With every game the leafs play, the less likely they'll be making the playoffs, especially how great the eastern conference is this season. Right now its looking like a battle between the Devils and the Leafs for that 8th spot in the playoffs. And if Leafs make it to the 8th spot, guess who they'll be facing? Surprise, surprise, Ottawa Senators and this time there's no choking goalie on their side :crying: There's always the Flames....even though it wouldn't be the same cheering for them then cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Even though its too early to tell who will make the playoffs, but by basing it on where we are now, the leafs are in trouble.

AEROS ROLL TO 7-2 WIN OVER RIVERMEN,

NHL ALL-STAR GOALIE PATRICK LALIME

12/17/05 - Twenty-year-old rookie sensation Patrick O’Sullivan and veteran Rem Murray each tallied two goals and an assist, and linemate Matt Foy added a career-best four helpers, as the Houston Aeros ruined former NHL All-Star Patrick Lalime’s Peoria debut with a 7-2 victory over the Rivermen. Nineteen-year-old rookie Roman Voloshenko notched a goal and an assist in his final game before leaving for the prestigious World Junior Championships, and Erik Westrum and Josh Olson also scored for Houston, which has won six of seven and is a Western Conference-best 21-8-1-1. Josh Harding stopped 40 shots for the victory as Houston scored five or more goals for the eighth time in only 16 home games.

The thought of Patrick Lalime as an NHL All-Star now fills me with laughter.

Guest Grapehead

The problem Lalime has, is he keeps getting picked up by a team that probably just needs goaltending, but lacks any defensive structure, which makes Lalime pretty much useless.

prime time, I wasn't talking about Tugnut choking against the Leafs, I was just talking about Tugnut choking, like Laice was talking about(choking Senator goalies).

I don't know about anyone else... but I totally dig the Preds' third jersey.

And on an unrelated note. Robinson's out in NJ. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2265084

Kind of surprised myself...

I love that logo, but I hate the color. Personally, I redesigned the Preds jerseys to have a layout more in line with the primary jerserys, but with less mustard yellow and more hot orange. It came out kind of funky, but a marked improvement.

The problem Lalime has, is he keeps getting picked up by a team that probably just needs goaltending, but lacks any defensive structure, which makes Lalime pretty much useless.

No.

Lalime inherited a team with a top four of Chris Phillips, Zdeno Chara, Wade Redden, and Sami Salo. They were not the fearsome foursome that Ottawa has now, but that is a pretty fucking good top end. And sure, karel Rachunek and a super scrub pararde are behind those guys, but don't tell me he was being hung out to dry. As for Fisher vs Tugnut, look at the numbers

Player GP Min GA GAA W L T Svs Pct EN SO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick Lalime 38.00 2038 79 2.33 19 14 3 834 0.905 1 3

Ron Tugnutt 44.00 2435 103 2.54 18 12 8 917 0.899 2 4

Those are entirely comperable goaltenders. I don't see how you can call a 2.5 GAA and 4 shutouts in 44 games "choking". Is he cosnsistent? No. But neither is Lalime.

Guest Grapehead

I don't know about anyone else... but I totally dig the Preds' third jersey.

And on an unrelated note. Robinson's out in NJ. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2265084

Kind of surprised myself...

I love that logo, but I hate the color. Personally, I redesigned the Preds jerseys to have a layout more in line with the primary jerserys, but with less mustard yellow and more hot orange. It came out kind of funky, but a marked improvement.