The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the excuses. 'oh it's only november' whatever, 'oh sundin can't do everything' when just the other day everyone was praising that the Leafs were going to be awesome now that Sundin's back, only he made them worse. Lol, it's just hilarious to me, cause my team isn't struggling right now, and yours is.

Guest Grapehead

I love the excuses. 'oh it's only november' whatever, 'oh sundin can't do everything' when just the other day everyone was praising that the Leafs were going to be awesome now that Sundin's back, only he made them worse. Lol, it's just hilarious to me, cause my team isn't struggling right now, and yours is.

Now you know what we've put up with the last 4 years we knocked you guys out of the playoffs.

Honestly though Quinn actually needs to do something rather then just preach to the media about how lazy we are.

Guest Grapehead

That was fucking gold SDM, I wish I had've actually watched the game, I love Calgary/Vancouver games. Pretty much I love every Canadian team match up, aside from Edmonton/Vancouver...

That was fucking gold SDM, I wish I had've actually watched the game, I love Calgary/Vancouver games. Pretty much I love every Canadian team match up, aside from Edmonton/Vancouver...

Edmonton/Vancouver is a tough match up for me as well, as I root for both teams. I don't hate the Habs, so Montreal/Ottawa is kinda hard to call, but since I hate the Leafs I root for Ottawa most of the time.

That play was hillarious. I watched both Calgary/Vancouver games, and in the original game they missed the Phanuef thing entirely with the camera. They thought he had been tripped and when they showed the replay both commentators actually laughed.

I don't think Ruutu even saw Phanuef fall. You can see as soon as Dion goes to drop the gloves Ruutu raises his hand to call another player over and Naslund hops the boards. I would have loved to have been on the Canucks bench for that one.

Good game tonight between the Flyers and the Bruins. And I heard the Leafs managed to win one against the powerhouse Capitals, eh? Congratulations. You guys keep playing like this, you MIGHT be able to beat Ottawa in the playoffs again!

Guest Grapehead

Edmonton/Vancouver is a tough match up for me as well, as I root for both teams. I don't hate the Habs, so Montreal/Ottawa is kinda hard to call, but since I hate the Leafs I root for Ottawa most of the time.

That play was hillarious. I watched both Calgary/Vancouver games, and in the original game they missed the Phanuef thing entirely with the camera. They thought he had been tripped and when they showed the replay both commentators actually laughed.

I don't think Ruutu even saw Phanuef fall. You can see as soon as Dion goes to drop the gloves Ruutu raises his hand to call another player over and Naslund hops the boards. I would have loved to have been on the Canucks bench for that one.

Good game tonight between the Flyers and the Bruins. And I heard the Leafs managed to win one against the powerhouse Capitals, eh? Congratulations. You guys keep playing like this, you MIGHT be able to beat Ottawa in the playoffs again!

Edited by Grapehead

I think that's what the guy who made the thing thought, but Ruutu was trying to draw Dion into dropping his gloves and taking a penalty, which he did. (After that, Phanuef got a two minute penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct for dropping his gloves to fight. If Ruutu had fought him, Phanuef might got the instigator). Phanuef wasn't tripped by Ruutu, as Ruutu was too far away, facing away from him, and Phanuef was backing up when he fell. Phanuef slipped.

That was funny as hell.

Montreal wins their 5th straight. Beat Tampa last night 3-2. Good game. Zednik's goal to go ahead in the third was fucking intense. Breaks in, defenders do a good job trying to slow him, looks like he loses control of the puck then roofs it backhand.

Theo's been playing good too. It's good stuff.

Pittsburgh tomorrow night. Toronto on Saturday. I'm so pissed off I couldn't get tickets for that. With Toronto on it's monster tear(didja see em play the caps, hoowee) It should be an excellent game. Then it's Florida on the 15th, and I'm going avec ma blonde.

Guest Grapehead

The first period tonight was Ottawa's worst period of the season in my opinion, just completely sloppy, out of position, bad transition, nothing was being done to their standards. Boston wasn't even playing good at all tonight, but Ottawa was worse through the first two, was happy to see them turn it on, if only for the third period.