The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quinn is just like every Leafs fanboi. When the Leafs lose the refs are blowing calls left and right and the shootout sucks and the game didn't need fixing after the lockout... I find it hard to take his completely biased whining with any amount of seriousness.

Quinn is just like every Leafs fanboi. When the Leafs lose the refs are blowing calls left and right and the shootout sucks and the game didn't need fixing after the lockout... I find it hard to take his completely biased whining with any amount of seriousness.

I find it funny that all the Leaf haters are saying Quinn is a whiner when CARYLE GOT FINED FOR SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING! GOD! HOW DO YOU GUYS BREATHE BEYOND YOUR EVER LASTING DESIRES TO HATE ON THE LEAFS? HOLY FUCK!

Rant. Over.

Edited by Clawson

I find it funny that all the Leaf haters are saying Quinn is a whiner when CARYLE GOT FINED FOR SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING! GOD! HOW DO YOU GUYS BREATHE BEYOND YOUR EVER LASTING DESIRES TO HATE ON THE LEAFS? HOLY FUCK!

Rant. Over.

Wow, it took you almost three hours to turn that into a mini anti-Leaf rant. Are you slipping?

I was building a Canuck mobile. It's hard to make a paper mache whale, you know.

Guest Grapehead

There's blown calls all over the league, regardless of what team you support, like the Carolina/Ottawa game, the refs missed every single dive, including Spezza's. The refs need time to adapt like players, so yeah, it's a little inconsistant across the league, but does it give the coaches the right to shit all over the new NHL? No, that's bullshit. Every team has had rough games for penalty calls, and every team has won a game on special teams, but why is it only a handful complain, and only following losses. We're still in the first month of the season, give it some time, and I say get all the league officials together mid-november to discuss consistancy, then again after the Olympic break. This season brought a lot of change, and the league is trying to work through the hardship the lockout left for them, and they don't need the GM's and Coaches bitching because their teams haven't adapted as quick as some other teams/players around the league.

(No, none of this was singling out Quinn, just before you jump all over me, save it)

Wow, it took you almost three hours to turn that into a mini anti-Leaf rant. Are you slipping?

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

First of all, Carlyle said the exact same thing. Go complain about him for while the grown-ups talk.

Second, Quinn's saying this after we've won (is it) three other games by shootout. Obviously, he doesn't like the new system. Is that now reprehensible to do? Maybe there's something in the Habs' past that the Leafs can bitch about, eh? Would that be better with you? Maybe we should all toddle off and pick on another team, say, the Caps? They haven't done anything wrong so we've got to have a go at them surely.

Edited by CKN

What you talking about CKN? Grown-ups don't cheer for the Senators, just disillusioned little boys who actually believe the team will win the cup. Grown-ups cheer for a real man's team in the Toronto Maple Leafs. :shuriken:

And Quinn questioned some of the new rules after Leaf wins too.

Edited by Clawson

Guest Grapehead

*The opinions of the Leafs fans above are their own and are not necessarily shared by the Toronto Maple Leafs and/or their fanbase.

Edited by Grapehead

If anyone saw Jason Spezza's goal in OT tonight it was beautiful. Beautiful deke and then a top shelf goal for the win. Ottawa won 4-3 after Vermette tied it up in the third. Theodore played spectacular tonight despite losing as he saved 38 of 42 shots.

Guest Grapehead

What a game, I laughed, I cried, and I was entertained. Theodore was outstanding, Ottawa had so many great chances that he shut down solid, it was fun to watch some of his saves. Ryder had a solid game, although I don't think his first goal was much more than a lucky bounce, but the announcers fancied it as all skill, but whatever he still played hard. Emery was fantastic, considering he's only a backup, I think Ottawa has a really solid goaltender when he gets to take over in first spot. Heatley, oh boy, what a night, he was in the right place CONSTANTLY and got a lot of tough breaks with bounces and fans, but his positioning was unquestionably good. One of the most exciting games I've watched yet, and to top it all off, Spezza gets the game winner("It doesn't matter what jersey you wear, you're not a fan of this game if you don't applaud an effort like that") for the Sens.

That overtime winner was nice.

And I'm now deconstructing my Canuck mobile. Did you know that replacing your winshield wipers with hockey sticks invalidates your insurance? I didn't.

That was an awesome game. When Spezza scored, I was like whatever, that was sweet. Was a great game. Theo was on top of his shit, but we just got outplayed. Oh well, it's a more respectable loss than to the Leafs, pack of bastards they are.

And CKN as much as it pains me to say it.... I don't not like ottawa...

Guest Grapehead

Is it just me or does it seem like the Leaf fans we've got here only chime in with their thoughts on a game if they won. I'd really like to know what you guys thought of the Leafs efforts against Boston, as it was a good game from the clips I saw. I didn't see Quinn complaining about the rules last night either, so it must've been atleast a decent game for the Leafs if the only problem lay within some of your individual shifts.