The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

Shit, Luongo is a beast so far this year. I guess we'll see how well the Leafs are able to deal without Sundin tonight when the Leafs play my beloved Tricolors.

They dominated Ottawa, the supposed future Stanley Cup Champions without him.

Yet they still lost the game... (H)

Crosby vs. Ovechkin

Crosby has 2 assists for 2 points, -2 +/- rating and 6 shots

Ovechkin has 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 points, -1 +/- rating and 6 shots

Ovechkin>Crosby

:D

And nobody in the Baltimore-Washington area knows this kid's name! It is quite the injustice.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit, Luongo is a beast so far this year. I guess we'll see how well the Leafs are able to deal without Sundin tonight when the Leafs play my beloved Tricolors.

A lot of teams are having suprising starts, specially Florida and Buffalo. Shit the last time those teams were contenders was mid-late 90's(unless I'm forgetting something.)

I'll be watching too. I'm not sure who to root for though, because I love both the Maple Leafs and the Canadians.

Ok, I haven't been following things, but I need to ask...

...is the Theo Fluery (sp?) coming to the UK division the bloke I'm thinking of (i.e. from the NHL)?

Just interested, as when I read it on bbc.co.uk/sport, I was confused....lol

EDIT: Shit, Tampa got beat....DAYAM

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

...is the Theo Fluery (sp?) coming to the UK division the bloke I'm thinking of (i.e. from the NHL)?

Playing for Belfast I believe? If so yes it is him.

Yeah, Belfast. What? How old is he? Is he that washed up that he needed to go to the UK league? :P

Playing for Belfast I believe? If so yes it is him.

for my game two of the season i get the rangers again and as i checked the tv schedules next monday i get the Rangers again. :ohwell:

Anyway, Rangers vs Devils at the end of the first are 1-1 with the rangers outshooting the Devils 13-1. Brodeur is great this season, from what i read of the first days and now from what i am watching. Seeing the two games i saw from the rangers i can say they're leagues ahead from their last seasons and deserved to be winning this game. Also in the battle of the #1 rookies both Crosby and Ovechkin have had one assist so far tonight, however ovechkin assisted the only caps goal, while Crosby assisted one out of 3.

I've heard that stuff mentioned often about the people in washington not knowing Ovechkin. What was it based on?

for my game two of the season i get the rangers again and as i checked the tv schedules next monday i get the Rangers again. :ohwell:

Anyway, Rangers vs Devils at the end of the first are 1-1 with the rangers outshooting the Devils 13-1. Brodeur is great this season, from what i read of the first days and now from what i am watching. Seeing the two games i saw from the rangers i can say they're leagues ahead from their last seasons and deserved to be winning this game. Also in the battle of the #1 rookies both Crosby and Ovechkin have had one assist so far tonight, however ovechkin assisted the only caps goal, while Crosby assisted one out of 3.

I've heard that stuff mentioned often about the people in washington not knowing Ovechkin. What was it based on?

I can't explain it that well, but maybe the site below can:

http://www.redskins.com/

Outside of hardcore Caps fans nobody knows who Ovechkin is. But Crosby is getting treated like a god already, people who I didn't know followed sports ask me how Crosby is doing.

Great game the Habs vs Leafs game was. 5-4 win for the Habs, went right down to the wire. Was awesome.

Ottawa winning 5-0 against Buffalo. That's good shit. Montreal and Ottawa(cos CKN will anally rape me) are the only Canadian teams I cheer this year. Cept when Montreal plays Ottawa, then Ottawa are a bunch of ass festering man meat lovers.

Just got back from the Sens game tonight :D Wooo that was crazy good[/britney spears]

The sens offense was doing good first period but were still outshot by a lot it seemed. Jason Spezza had the game winner which was amazing. Hasek with a shutout. Just heard on the radio that Chris Neil didn't get any of the two goals he scored the first should have been his and the second I guess could have been Heatley's but now both are Heatley's. Anyways the Sens played amazing in the second and third for sure. McGratton had a exciting fight against someone can't remember who but it was very back and forth.

Anyways might talk a bit more about it but that is all I feel like typing right now.

Welcome to Pittsburgh

Where our hockey team can have the new Gretzky score and get two assists.

Put six goals in

AND STILL FIND A WAY TO FUCKING SUCK!

Bertuzzi is getting booed every time he touches the puck. Justin Howe would be proud.

Guest Grapehead

Two one-goal losses, and we have fans all over the world jumping ship for the Habs/the Sens. Even a friend of mine said he didn't like the Leafs any more. Course, he changed his tune when I kicked him in the crotch.

Who was the player that Bertuzzi actually took out in the first place?