The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, i just found out Datsyuk came back on his decision and signed a 2-year contract with the Wings. When did this happen and how did i miss it?

It happened within the past couple days, if I remember right.

So Vegas odds have the Sens 2nd overall to win the cup. TSN was gushing over how great the team should be this season.

If they can't beat the Leafs this year, I'll laugh my ass off.

Yeah, I don't think the Leafs are fucked. They had some huge injury problems last year and managed to battle through. As long as Jason Allison can still play (as he has been out for 2 and 1/2 years with a strange groin problem) and the rest of the team plays as well as they did last year, the Leafs will make the playoffs.

Has anybody else been watching the segments on TSN where they are touring the 6 Canadian cities?

I was watching the one on Toronto last night, and of course, Pierre put his negative spin on Toronto as usual. However the thing that caught my attention is just how stupid Pierre really is.

On the previous night, while describing the Ottawa Senators, Pierre claimed that Dominik Hasek was the difference maker that would put that club over the top. That people wouldnt have to worry about him because hes so athletic, and that age doesnt matter with Hasek because he still has skill. There was no mention of his injury problems, or the question marks that surround Haseks potential health problems. This is all fine and dandy, as long as your are consistent with your comparisons of other goaltenders in the league.

However, last night, while describing the Toronto Maple Leafs, Pierre claims that Belfour is a major question mark and a problem for the Leafs because he wont be able to play 65 games anymore. Suddenly its, If Belfour can stay healthy, Toronto will succeed. He claims Belfour is bad because in the previous year that hockey was played he only played 59 games and now that he is 40, he wont be as good anymore.

Pierre. You are an idiot. Plain and simple.

Belfour is 40 years old, played in 59 games in the last year of hockey. (2.13 GAA and a .918 save percentage.)

Hasek is 40 years old, played in 14 games in the last year of hockey after suffering three different groin injuries.

(2.2 GAA and a .907 save percentage)

How can the guy, who is statistically better be the bigger question mark?

Heres the answer Pierre, its not possible. You are a moron.

Did you even watch the Ottawa edition of the six cities? Pierre said that Hasek is a difference maker but then he said that he has been injured and only played 14 games the last year which would also have an impact on hockey.

I have this recorded currently and just checked it to be sure. But yes Pierre is an idiot but probably knows more about hockey then anyone on this board so yeah. <_<

And how about that Jason Spezza.... :D I expect great things from him this season.

Edit: Also I was going to share my thoughts on the Toronto @ Ottawa game I went to but before I could even say anything about it I had two leaf fan boys defend the leafs so I decided against it... face it the leafs lost don't make up an excuse everytime it happens. I don't care if it was just the preseason but obviously you all do since you had to make some kind of remark on the situation. :angry: [/rant]

Edited by CKN

You only like him because he orgasms over the Sens. I've never heard him say a nice word about the Leafs or the Habs. McGuire is the biggest homer in the media today.

Edited by CKN

Oh yeah, just saw the preseason NHL highlights... Washington vs Pittsburgh, who has a big game? The Big O, of course. Ovechkin pots three, one helper... Ovechkin for Calder, you can engrave it now.

Hossa has a coke problem, FYI.

Where'd you hear that?

I take the fifth.

and Marc-Andre Fleury is sent back to the AHL :(

Which is fucking BAFFLING. It's not like Pittsburgh has anything else.

They're making the kid look bad as the AHL starter. Maybe if WBS had an actual team rather then five good guys who are proven chokers, he might be able to stand on his head and get a Calder.

If he's not NHL ready now, another dissapointing farm season that goes nowhere won't help.

Who is their backup now?

So the Pre-Season just ended as the Penguins beat the Capitals 7-1. Two days rest and then the return of regular season hockey begins when all 30 teams will be in action. I will be watching the Ottawa @ Toronto and the Phoenix @ Vancouver game both on TSN.

I am so excited. :w00t: