The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

I'm not the least bit surprised by the Paul Kariya rumours. He's a perfect fit in T.O., and with his cooled off performance in recent years he's not going to cost nearly so much. Plus he's Canadian. That's always a good thing.

I like the Thornton, Selanne and Allison rumours, although I'm guessing we'll get max 1-2 of those guys. Ferguson had plenty of leeway to buy people out which he didn't, and now we're paying for it. If this team bombs, that's it for Ferguson. At least we were a spending team when Pat Quinn did double duty.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This free agency season has been good on SDM.

My first team, the Canucks, resign Marcus Naslund, which is huge for them since he is such a cornerstone of the team.

My second team... well...

fuckyeahfloppa.jpg

FLOPPA IS A FLYER. FUCK YEAH!!!

What more can you say?

Oh yeah, Derian "Hard Hat" Hatcher.

My third team, the Lanche, have been silent as all hell. But hey, I just bought an Oilers jersey, which was good timing. They're my new third team!

Guest Grapehead

I've taken a new liking to Florida, and with Brian Burke down in Anaheim they will surely get a lot of praise from me in the coming season. I'm still a Sens fan through and through, and it looks like they are going to be solid through this season.

I'm excited about Forsberg going to the Flyers, simply because it is a big shake in the East, as a lot of big names are crossing conferences like this it seems.

I like the Thornton, Selanne and Allison rumours, although I'm guessing we'll get max 1-2 of those guys. Ferguson had plenty of leeway to buy people out which he didn't, and now we're paying for it. If this team bombs, that's it for Ferguson. At least we were a spending team when Pat Quinn did double duty.

Edited by Salami Hider #1

Lucky Ducks

The highly coveted defenceman will be playing in the purple jersey of Anaheim this season along with his brother Rob.

Sportsnet.ca -- Amidst a flurry of speculation and flat out guessing, Scott Niedermayer's destination of choice has been disclosed.

The most coveted defenceman in the free agent market finally found a home on Thursday, as 2004 Norris Trophy winner Scott Niedermayer has signed with the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. The deal for four years at $6.725 million US per season, while brother and new teammate Rob signed a four year contract at $2 million US per season. The two brothers have never played together in the NHL but were teammates at the 2003 world championship.
Edited by prime time

Devils sign Rafalski, Malakhov, McGillis

With veteran defenceman Scott Niedermayer off to Anaheim, New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoreillo wasted no time working on his blueline, signing unrestricted free agents Brian Rafalski, Vladimir Malakhov and Dan McGillis.

credit: TSN

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

According to Mojo 640 the Maple Leafs have made a substanial offer to Detroit's Henrik Zetterberg.

Also the Team 990 is reporting Bertuzzi for Wellwood and Tucker but I don't leave wherever that is so I can't confirm. Plus I don't really believe that deal would be that simple.

Edited by Salami Hider #1

Big Bert for Tucker and Kyle Wellwood?!? I'm by no means a Bertuzzi fan, but that deal is so criminal I may just have to jump on his bandwagon. Pffft, yeah right, for some reason I don't see that deal going down that easily.

Zetterberg I like. The kid is a work horse and at 25, he is a rising star in the NHL. I'm a big fan of his and I would love it if he made his way to Toronto. Hardnosed and excellent in front of the net, he's coming off two 40+ point NHL seasons and led the Swedish Elite League in scoring this past season.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

You don't want any part of Jason "Brains Over Easy" Allison. Leave him and Eric Lindros to sign with the Kings, the NHL's Injury Reserve.

Still, though, the Leafs suck.