WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

That's gay, they should've just said Dusty finish.

I've had the game for a few days and I think it's a lot better than the first Smackdown vs RAW but it's definately not as good as Here Comes The Pain in replay value. The storylines and graphics are awesome though but it sucks that you can't play a season as anyone in the game cause I really wanted to play one as Richards and London.

The term Dusty Finish isn't known by the common person, hell even the "smart" fan. I think calling it that is quite clever. Allows fans who know Dusty's real name and the booking term a little "hey, that's cool" moment.

After completing all the challenges and playing a fair bit with my girlfriend... It's decent. Not sure if it was worth the $60 but over time I guess it'll make up for it. Playing against each other is meh. We can counter anything the other tries. We had 8 back and forth punching reversal-fests in a row, the countering is that easy. Grapples less so, but playing against someone competent takes something away from it. I wish wrestling games would come up with better challenge than just being able to time counters correctly. They're getting there with DoR 2 and this game's stamina system but not even close. Something better than slapping in a mini game for everything. Japanese games seem to do it from what I hear people raving on about.

What I think would be awesome for a future edition of any game would be "fake outs". They're in sports titles, why not here? Look like you're going to grapple but don't. Go to punch, but don't. Juke and jive with your moves a bit. Make your opponent try to counter before they should. Would be able to mix up things. In wrestling terms... Everything wouldn't be so blatently telegraphed.

And damnit... Another thing I miss from DoR is the weapons. Brass knucks, crutches, garbage cans... Oh what I'd give for more variety than a sledge, barbwire bat, chair and I suppose tables and ladders.

Screw that... Give me Revenge's stop sign and I'll be happen. Or some roses from No Mercy... Or giant beer can... Oh why oh why can't we have some variety?

Edited by Vilge Duin

Kraig, I think you can up the power of finishers in the advanced options, might help. Make sure you do finishers at full momentum too, otherwise it's nowhere near as powerful. Took me ages to work that out.

Reversals are REALLY pissing me off. Why did they take all the move-specific ones out? I'm so sick of seeing the spin-round-push-in-the-back thing, and it's only made worse by the fact that the computer reverses fucking everything. Turned the reversals down a few notches and it's much better, but I can't think why they took out the move-specific reversals out. They should have added more if anything.

Edited by Dragsy

When I throw ten people out of the royal rumble, do I have to go on to win?

Don't think you have to win in that one, it should come up on the bottom of the screen if you've passed it...

Tag Matches piss me off. The CPU tag partner makes the save every time I put on a Pin/Submission.

My Tag Patner however saves 0% of the time, even when he's in the ring while I'm making the pin.

Undertaker just stood there, in the opponents corner and watched my opponent run past him and make the save.

Edit: I got eliminated a few minutes after the pop up, and I continued as Rob Conway and won, then I saved and everything.

Same thing happened again. I eliminated about fifteen people, then got eliminated, but finished the match as Paul London, no award in the locker room.

Just do what I did; be the Big Show in the Rumble, and fill out the other 9 guys with cruiserweights and lighter guys, then when you start the match beat the first guy up so you get your special up. Now go and eliminate everyone, and then if you end up on the apron, use your stored special to get back in the ring. Then get it back up again. It's quite easy like this.

Award? I'm pretty sure it's a challenge not an award. Failing that, how about trying not carrying on with someone else and just letting it play out by itself?

Now that I think about it the Royal Rumble is an award but it's for winning it in Season isn't it?

Edited by King Ellis

Award? I'm pretty sure it's a challenge not an award.

Oh yeah, it's a challenge. The Royal Rumble AWARD is for winning the Royal Rumble during season mode. Maybe Keith just misworded? Or he's drunk? ¬_¬

Used the wrong word.

GameFAQs message board says I have to start as entrant one, eliminate ten people, then win the rumble with the person I entered as originally.

This makes sense, BUT seeing as how this is a THIRTY person rumble in the Amateur challenge, it makes the winning a TEN man rumble in the Rising star challenge sort of redundant.

Ok Era, I maintain that it was the fact that you were carrying on as someone else. It must have reset your ring out counts or something. As for winning it, that was a challenge in the last game, I haven't seen it on this version.