WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

BB are also very good, Powerman have their moments. I enjoyed last year's soundtrack to be fair, it's one thing they did get right.

I forgot to mention in my previous post, FUCKING ALTERNATE ATTIRES. I know we've already mentioned it, but it pisses me off whent hey're adding fucking pillow fights and more T'n'A options and ignoring basic details like the fact that hardly any wrestler wears the exact same fucking thing every night. At least give us the option of creating alternates if your programmers are too lazy.

I would hardly call any band on that soundtrack pop-metal designed for the MTV generation. You ask any average MTV viewer who Zebrahead is and they'll probably cry. Breaking Benjamin is the only mainstream band on there and they used a song that wasn't even a single. The problem with the soundtrack was is there were only like six songs on it and it got really repetitive really fast. But Ap Shamps is right, it was Pre-Alpha, so hopefully they're working on it. Definitely don't want them going back to generic rock riffs though either, that was horrible. They need to take a page out of the Tony Hawk book and get a ton of tracks, so repetition will be avoided.

I would hardly call any band on that soundtrack pop-metal designed for the MTV generation. You ask any average MTV viewer who Zebrahead is and they'll probably cry. Breaking Benjamin is the only mainstream band on there and they used a song that wasn't even a single. The problem with the soundtrack was is there were only like six songs on it and it got really repetitive really fast. But Ap Shamps is right, it was Pre-Alpha, so hopefully they're working on it. Definitely don't want them going back to generic rock riffs though either, that was horrible. They need to take a page out of the Tony Hawk book and get a ton of tracks, so repetition will be avoided.

I honestly despised the soundtrack in SDvR, but after having saw most of the entrances I had it on mute. I would much rather they left out soundtrack music altogether, I mean it's not as if you hear random bands playing during matches on Smackdown, is it? I'd prefer it if they used the time and money on implementing some better features such as, as Dragsy mentioned alternate costumes, but I guess I see why people like it. It's pretty much the only thing I'm going to complain about, because it's looking awesome so far.

Pfft, Zebrahead > you.

They're the best out of the bunch (they had a good song on Tony Hawk's 3) - but the rest like Breaking Benjamins and Powerman 5000 (stick to Drop The Bombshell guys :P) aren't that good in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

A couple of new articles up over at IGN, detailing the new sleeper hold and playing possum systems - and confirming the Smackdown Series debut of two people you've all been waiting for..................... DOUG & DANNY BASHAM!!!

Yay! Bashams!

Those two features - the sleeper hold submission system and the playing possum - are both great ideas, but really badly implemented IMO. The sleeper isn't so bad, but should work like the 'Type B' submissions (stopping the marker in the boxes) off the old game, with the referee checking the hand at certain points (actually, it may work like this.....) I can see it being too often used to end matches though.

The possum idea is great, but it seems really, really badly done, much worse so than the sleeper idea. For starters this whole 'storing finishers' thing is totally unnessesary (sp), and it needs a stored finisher, for you to hold down circle, and to counter a move to implement..... Why over complicate things? It could be doen much easier.

A lot of the new things in SD Vs. RAW06 seem to be making things much more complex than they need to be.

Superstar voice overs? Crap! That probably means limited season mode. Seriously just give us that nice stamina system, a non linear season mode with replay value and a CAW mode where you can actually make realistic looking wrestling and i'll be happy. Seriously last years CAW mode was terrible because all the patterns where flowers and stuff, great if i want to create a hippy but i don't i want to create a bad ass wrestler!

I didn't mind the repetitiveness of the SvR05 soundtrack. "Firefly" and "The Angle" fucking owned. I ended up using "Firefly" as my CAW entrance.

Remember back when the development team said they'd revolve SvR06 around storylines that would be going on upon release? So ... we know that the Bashams (Danny on RAW and Doug on Smackdown) will be back at least by then. ;)

But man, they really need to work on Season mode. Torrie and Stacy are hot and all, but I'd rather not fight for the chance to sleep with them 7 out of 10 months of the year.

Guest Iron Mary

But man, they really need to work on Season mode. Torrie and Stacy are hot and all, but I'd rather not fight for the chance to sleep with them 7 out of 10 months of the year.

You're in the minority there <_<

The ROSTER:

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 Rosters and venues Confirmed(ign.com)

THQ has also confirmed the locations of its 19 different venues. Though it's still possible that a 20th bonus arena may still be included, 19 of them are definitely making the cut. What are they you ask? Well in no particular order they are: SmackDown, RAW, Velocity, HEAT, SummerSlam, Unforgiven, No Mercy, Survivor Series, Armageddon, Royal Rumble, No Way Out, WrestleMania 21, Backlash, Judgment Day, Vengeance, The Great American Bash, New Year's Revolution, ECW One Night Stand, and Taboo Tuesday. Sound good? Cool.

This year's character collection is one of the biggest yet seen in a wrestling game thus far -- with 50 different superstars and divas in all, and an undisclosed amount of legends to be revealed later. If that sounds like a lot, that's because it is.

Current Superstars

Batista

The Big Show

Booker T

Carlito

Charlie Haas

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Chris Masters

Christian

Christy Hemme