NHL EHM Manager 2005 question

Liam

Not certain buit European wise I'd guess the Russians would be a good standard, unless all the best players play in the Canada/US.  I know they are fairly good at a national level.

Yeah, I assumed Russia and Sweden, but I just wanted to see what others might think first, before rushing into something.

But yeah, the GB league sucks...although Tony Hand is still a don even though hs is 37....

The Russian league is great.. It was even better this season with the lockout. The Swedish league is good and probably. The Czech and Swedish leagues are the other two good leagues in Europe.

While i am at it i'll just rank the european leagues as i see them (not based on EHM 2005 as i still don't have him but based on what they are like in real life)

Russia

Sweden

Finland

Czech Republic

Germany

Switzerland

Slovakia

Italy

Austria

Slovenia

I left blank lines to define the different levels the leagues are at. All other european leagues suck immensely so i didn't bother ranking those :P

Edited by Malenko

The Russian league is great.. It was even better this season with the lockout. The Swedish league is good and probably. The Czech and Swedish leagues are the other two good leagues in Europe.

While i am at it i'll just rank the european leagues as i see them (not based on EHM 2005 as i still don't have him but based on what they are like in real life)

Russia

Sweden

Finland

Czech Republic

Germany

Switzerland

Slovakia

Italy

Austria

Slovenia

I left blank lines to define the different levels the leagues are at. All other european leagues suck immensely so i didn't bother ranking those :P

As you are the don, and master of all Malenko, can you name me some decent sides from the top 4 leagues, ones with decent potential?

Sure, but just a question first, you want really the top teams aka Footballwise, Chelsea in England, Madrid and Barcelona in Spain, etc.. or the teams that follow them and still have an outside chance of winning the league but aren't the major favourites?

As I said before, teams with potential. Not the best team, but teams that are just on the verge of breaking out.

Cheers man.

Ok then. This is how those leagues go.

On Sweden, Frolunda dominates the league so if you want a challenge don't pick them. If you choose the Swedish league pick Timra IK.

If you pick Russia pick Lada Togliatti, also a team from the upper table but not the champions of the league, nor second placed. Don't pick Dinamo Moscow or Lokomotiv Yaroslav.

If you pick Finland pick Hameenlina. Don't pick Jokerit Helsinki.

Finally if you pick Czech Republic which would be the one i would pick if i was playing despite not being the best league in Europe, don't pick Sparta Prague or Pardubice. You can pick Liberec if you want to have an outside shot at winning the league but i would suggest picking Vitkovice. They had at a point the youngest team in any playoffs in Europe so it would be nice to build from there.

Just check the teams and see what you think.

EDIT: Note, being at the playoffs means they reached the upper half of the table, so they aren't bad either. :P

Edited by Malenko

If I were you, I would start in Slovakia. They have some decent up and comers and a lot of terrible players. It will also be a challenge to sign foreigners.

As far as playing in Sweeden, take HV-71. They had a meltdown last year and next year will be more then likely losing their starting goalie, so they're a challenge. Or you could take Modo. Without the NHL help they always get, they're bound to be perenial chokers.

If I were you, I would start in Slovakia. They have some decent up and comers and a lot of terrible players. It will also be a challenge to sign foreigners.

As far as playing in Sweeden, take HV-71. They had a meltdown last year and next year will be more then likely losing their starting goalie, so they're a challenge. Or you could take Modo. Without the NHL help they always get, they're bound to be perenial chokers.

HV-71 won the title the year before last. They had a terrible season last year in the "NHL:SEL", but that doesn't mean they don't have a shot.

Waivers are the players you drop from your roster. When a team wants to drop a player to their affiliates (equivalent to reserves and B-Squads in football), the player has to spend a period on the waivers list during which, if another team matches his contract he leaves for them and the team who dropped him stop owning his rights. If noone picks him up during that period he leaves the waivers list.

EDIT: What league did you pick?

Edited by Malenko

Waivers are the players you drop from your roster. When a team wants to drop a player to their affiliates (equivalent to reserves and B-Squads in football), the player has to spend a period on the waivers list during which, if another team matches his contract he leaves for them and the team who dropped him stop owning his rights. If noone picks him up during that period he leaves the waivers list.

EDIT: What league did you pick?

I started off with Vitkovice, but then just decided (as I only just got the game) to go to the NHL to get used to the game (so I'm the St. Louis Blues)

Last question.....when someones outside the NHL, what does NHL/CHL Rights mean? Does that mean the player is under contract to said club, or that they have first option to get him?

The NHL has way more rules then any league in europe, as happens with most sports in the states. You will end up with a lot of questions, believe me. :P

Having the rights to a player doesn't mean he's yours but you do have the chance of signing him while other NHL teams can't because to get his rights they would have to make you an offer for them. You will notice that the transfer proposals you will get, will include (besides players) draft picks, and rights for certain players. Even if you get the rights for a player you won't be able to use him until you signed him to a contract, though. You don't have to pay the transfer to the minor league or european league team he's playing at but you still need to give him a contract. The other way you'll get the rights to a player is through the yearly draft.

The NHL has way more rules then any league in europe, as happens with most sports in the states. You will end up with a lot of questions, believe me. :P

Having the rights to a player doesn't mean he's yours but you do have the chance of signing him while other NHL teams can't because to get his rights they would have to make you an offer for them. You will notice that the transfer proposals you will get, will include (besides players) draft picks, and rights for certain players. Even if you get the rights for a player you won't be able to use him until you signed him to a contract, though. You don't have to pay the transfer to the minor league or european league team he's playing at but you still need to give him a contract. The other way you'll get the rights to a player is through the yearly draft.

Cheers man.

Last, last question......how comes (I was bored, so tried) I couldn't buy a random guy from the UK league? It just said he was still eligible for the draft, but obviously, he'd never be in the draft. When does he become eligible to be bought, or does he not unless drafted?

It means he is under 18 and could still be drafted in the NHL Entry Draft by another team. Well there is no chance he will be drafted as you said he is still eligible thus you can't sign him until after the draft.

Oh and in case you haven't realizied the European players you sign when it's in the regular season don't join your team until the next transfer window.

Edited by Salami Hider #1

It means he is under 18 and could still be drafted in the NHL Entry Draft by another team. Well there is no chance he will be drafted as you said he is still eligible thus you can't sign him until after the draft.

Oh and in case you haven't realizied the European players you sign when it's in the regular season don't join your team until the next transfer window.

He is 24...