New Sevendust Song

livid

A brand-new SEVENDUST track, entitled "Pieces", has been posted online here.

"Pieces" comes off the group's upcoming album, "Next", due October 11 via Winedark/Universal Records.

"Next" marks the recording debut with the band of new guitarist Sonny Mayo (ex-AMEN/SNOT). Mayo joined SEVENDUST earlier this year as the replacement for Clint Lowery, who left the group mid-tour in December, citing "personal issues." Lowery has since become a full-time member of DARK NEW DAY, the new "supergroup" also featuring Brett Hestla (ex-CREED, VIRGOS MERLOT) on vocals, Will Hunt (ex-SKRAPE, TOMMY LEE) on drums, Clint's brother Corey Lowery (ex-STEREOMUD, STUCK MOJO) on bass, and Troy McLawhorn (ex-DOUBLE DRIVE) on guitar.

"Next" is the follow-up to "Seasons", which sold a respectable 67,808 copies in its first week of release back in October 2003 to land at position No. 14 on The Billboard 200.

Apparently, the new album is going to be like a mix of the "Animosity" album and the older stuff, the self-titled and "Home" album.

I like this. It's pretty good, but I guess that's because I've always preferred the older stuff, rather than the stuff which was on the Seasons album.

I like it, but hopefully the entire album isn't like this, as I like the slower stuff they do as well. Half and half would be perfect in my opinion.

My favorite Lajon/Sevendust song remains "Angel's Son", but this song is a worthy single. I do second the hope that the whole album isn't like this, though.

• 2 weeks later...