ESPN NFL 2K5

Whisper

So I picked this up today along with NHL 2K5, both are awesome but i'm seriously getting frustrated with NFL. I started a franchise, now fair enough with the Lions who suck, but on pro I lost each of my pre-season games easily, I think my best result was losing 28-17 or something like that. So being 14-0 down to the Bears in my first regular season game I decide to switch to rookie. I go on to win 21-14. Point is, I'm finding it too easy on rookie but too difficult on pro. I seem to get murdered by passing plays, can't seem to defend against em. Anyone have any tips/opinions on the game?

Play a few games on exhibition, note down what you find particularly difficult or particularly easy (for example, is your top WR getting smothered by an only average CB EVERY time you throw? Noteworthy stuff like that). Adjust the sliders accordingly. Play a few more exhibition games, and edit the sliders if you've made it too easy or too hard. It just takes a bit of patience and time. Also, I think there might be some slider suggestions on GameFAQS.

• 2 weeks later...

Some games you can, from the sounds of it, yours can't. It's one of many glitches. There may be a way around it, I'll see what I can find.

Side note, save your franchise often, as if you have the Pro Bowl glitch, it's possible you have the roster glitch that ruins your Franchise (it messes up who plays what position, and you can't use that formation or the game freezes. Mine happened to be punt returning >_<)

Hot routes are your friend, particularly with Rogers and Williams

On defense, control anyone on the line and do the swim and club moves to keep pressure on the QB and stuff the run

thanks for the advice guys. getting the hang of it now. I made the playoffs in my first season with a 10-6 record. Lost in the Conference Championship match against the Eagles. Terrell Owens tore me apart :(

EDIT ~ oldskool, I didn't known about the glitch. It doesn't seem to have affected me so far but thanks for the heads up. I tend to save after every game anyway since it takes a little while to play a game and I constantly get interrupted and have to switch off part of the way through, VERY annoying when you haven't saved.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Another glitch, altough a positive one

Sometimes a player injures for a long period of time, but you are still able to use it. It happened to me with TO and Kearse, both of them had season ending injuries, their status said OUT, but they still appeared in my lineup and played to their normal capacity.