Star Trek Question

Farmer Reil

Ok, so the Voyager episode "Workforce". It was a two-parter in the middle of season seven. Brief overview to jog your memory: Voyager is hit by a mine and has to be evaquated because of radiation. The Doctor is left in charge (upgraded to Emergency Command Hologram). Chakotay, Kim and Neelix come back from an away mission to find Voyager empty except the Doc.

It turns out, the rest of the crew were picked up in their escape pods by a planet who were having a severe labour shortage, their memories were altered and they were put to work. So the Away Team go in and save them. Remember? Good.

What I need to know is, what race was Chakotay disguised as when he transported to the planet to rescue Torres? It's annoying me :(

Wait wait, I might not be able to answer that specific question, but before you came to me, all you knew about the episode was...

"It was that one where the crew get kidnapped and stuff, and Chakotay disguises himself as something, maybe"

Yeah just saw it. Looks like a generic forehead alien to me.

Looks a little bit like an Alpha Trill, except for the chin pocket.

Edit: Maybe an Illyrian

Edit: Nygean?

Edit: So far Reily is most happy with Nygean, as seen below

post-50-1118512054.jpg

post-50-1118512054.jpg

movie_bg.jpg

Quarren?

Lol, Star Wars Quarren > Star Trek Quarren

Quarra is the name of the planet they are on, and the Quarren are the indiginous humanoids that live there. However, the Quarren in Star Trek are pretty much human:

240x320.jpg

While the Quarren were the species they were dealing with, it wasn't what Chakotay disguised himself as.

And how about this: "All this time Chakotay, Harry Kim and Neelix have been in the Delta Flyer on a trading mission with the Nar Shaddan. When they return, Voyager is not at the rendezvous point. The starship is disabled inside a nebula, and the Doctor is the only crew member on board and is trying to make repairs." (Episode Guide source)

Nar Shadda = Also a planet from Star Wars.

Edited by stokeriño

According to a list of Trek species, they also have a Betelgeuse IV :shifty: Although this particular list is editable by anyone, so it's probably a pisstake.

There's no mention of that species on the Star Trek website, so I do believe it is a pisstake.

Also, back onto the subject of the topic, the species Chakotay was disquised was probably an un-named/unknown one they just decided to make up for the purposes of that episode.

Did you try checking the actual episode synopsis? The official web site sometimes gets that detailed. The Daystrom Technical Institute Library online (www.ditl.org) might also be able to help you. Heck, I'll look for you.

Nope, doesn't say. But the guess of Nygean sounds like a good one.