Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figo comes across as a 'give me tonnes of money and I'll play for you' type of player. If he stayed with Real Madrid and never played another football game in his entire life, I bet he'd be happy. I know that's true for a lot of players, but still it's annoying. If he's going to Liverpool, I honestly can't see him taking anything more than a 10% drop in wages.

Figo comes across as a 'give me tonnes of money and I'll play for you' type of player. If he stayed with Real Madrid and never played another football game in his entire life, I bet he'd be happy. I know that's true for a lot of players, but still it's annoying. If he's going to Liverpool, I honestly can't see him taking anything more than a 10% drop in wages.

You mean greedy?

Personally I don't agree about Figo. I think Liverpool should offer him what they can. Say what you want but he's still a damn brilliant player. He may be a little passed his best but he's still easily one heck of a player. Getting him would add a tonne to the Liverpool team as well, although I honestly don't think it'll happen because I cant see him working as well in England.

Best of luck to Liverpool, if they can get him then it's certainly a massive boost.

Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy is having a medical at Blackburn.

The 25-year-old Welsh striker is at Ewood Park ahead of a proposed move, with the fee set to be just under £5m.

Bellamy is out of favour with Newcastle manager Graeme Souness after the two fell out last season and the Magpies are keen see him leave St James' Park.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic and they were interested in a permanent deal, along with Everton and Aston Villa too.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd said Celtic had done everything they could to complete the signing of Bellamy.

"I can assure Celtic fans that their club did everything within its power to try and get the player," he told the club's official website.

"But it seems the lure of the Premiership is obviously too much."

Newcastle bought Bellamy from Coventry in June 2001 for £6m.

Credit - BBC

Now, to go and laugh at all the Celtic fans who've been bombarding Rovers' message boards with "he'll never choose you over us"

Didn't think we would get him, especially not these past few weeks. Not too sure about him, but if he plays to his best and Hughes snaps his arms off if he moans then it's all good.

And I know what you mean about Celtic fans. On another board we have one of them who thinks they are the centre of the earth. And his cries of "fuck off Bellamy you little no ambition rat, you couldn't score in a brothel." and "CL football >>> relegation fodder" just appeared to me as bitter jealously.

So the childish retort of "Playing in possibly the best league in the world with some of the world's best players, realistic chance of cup wins and playing for one of his heroes >>>> 3rd stage CL and playing away to Aberdeen tbh." by me I think is true and good for a playground fight. :pervert:

Internazionale have sealed the signing of Real Madrid winger Santiago Solari.

The Argentine winger came through his medical without any problems and has inked a three-year deal.

The move brings to an end Solari's five-year stay in the Spanish capital where he was always a firm fans' favourite.

The South American is relishing his challenge, however, and has pledged to help end Inter's wait for a league title.

"Inter are a great club," he declared.

"I will do what I can to do my very best for the Nerazzurri colours.

"Boss Roberto Mancini believes in me as he really wanted me. He already tried to sign me two years ago while at Lazio.

"We will now finally win Lo Scudetto together, I can make that promise to the fans."

I'd rather see Solari remaining in the spanish league then moving to italy. The italian league teams rarely use wingers because the wing backs usually have enough stamina to fill in offensively and defensively. Going to Italy will make him either go back to the left wing back position where he has played before but isn't allowed to explore his qualities as much, or move to a interior left position in which he will have some troubles playing because anchor men in italy are fast on the ball and solari isn't a great playmaker. Meanwhile, without Figo and Solari, Madrid lacks wingers as well, and that probably means they will keep the 4-3-3 formation they were using in the final part of last season, which would rule out the possibility of buying Joaquin leaving him free for whoever else was chasing him.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

And I know what you mean about Celtic fans. On another board we have one of them who thinks they are the centre of the earth. And his cries of "fuck off Bellamy you little no ambition rat, you couldn't score in a brothel." and "CL football >>> relegation fodder" just appeared to me as bitter jealously.

So the childish retort of "Playing in possibly the best league in the world with some of the world's best players, realistic chance of cup wins and playing for one of his heroes >>>> 3rd stage CL and playing away to Aberdeen tbh." by me I think is true and good for a playground fight.  :pervert:

Pelizzoli set for Roma exit

Roma goalkeeper Ivan Pelizzoli has confirmed that his days in the capital are numbered.

Pelizzoli has been told that he is surplus to requirements and already, has attracted interest from Serie A rivals Reggina.

The deputy custodian had hoped Luciano Spalletti's arrival at the Stadio Olimpico would change his fortunes, having lost the number one jersey to blossoming starlet Gianluca Curci.

However, it would now appear that despite a change in manager, Roma's decision to allow him to leave will stand.

''The club don't want me and so I'll have to leave,'' Pelizzoli told Radio Incontro.

''It's right they do their choices, although they took certain choices alone.

''I'd remained willing but it's clear they don't want me.

''Having changed the coach I'd have remained willing but the club decided in a different way so I am leaving.

''I haven't spoken with Spalletti and anyway, Roma's choice hasn't been taken by him. The club decided.

''I have spoken with (Reggina) president Lillo Foti. It's a decision I'm taking.''

He's the young(ish) talented one right? Yeah, Arsene? Sign him.

So the childish retort of "Playing in possibly the best league in the world with some of the world's best players, realistic chance of cup wins and playing for one of his heroes >>>> 3rd stage CL and playing away to Aberdeen tbh." by me I think is true and good for a playground fight.  :pervert:

You are spot on with your description of Celtic fans, they are a fickle bunch.

In all truth Celtic can't really afford Bellamy, assuming he is on the same wages at Blackburn that he was on at Newcastle, the deal to bring him to Celtic over 4 years would have cost them £15m. Celtic are in debt and could fund a deal, but in the same context can't fund a deal as it would have left them further in debt and would have gobbled up they're transfer budget for the summer. I also think Strachan kept up the interest in Bellamy to appease the Celtic fans, they would'nt have been best pleased if he had come in and said he was'nt interested, considering how well Bellamy played last season.

Actually it's been reported that he is on 30 grand a week, which is 10 grand less than what he was on at Newcastle. I think it came down to the fact he would have to join a 'lesser' club than Newcastle and he favoured Rovers because 1) we are in the Premiership which rules out Celtic and 2) becuase he has such a huge respect for Mark Hughes.

Also it's been said there is a clause in his contract that if after a year a team in the CL comes in and makes an offer of 6m he can go. It strikes me as senible as barring a major shock we won't be up there for a very long time and it means we will at least make a profit on him.

Liverpool have snatched £5.5m Valencia midfielder Mohamed Sissoko from under the noses of city rivals Everton.

The 20-year-old Mali international was a target of Toffees boss David Moyes, who tried to sign him and team-mate Emiliano Moretti in a double deal.

But the deal foundered this week when the Spanish side insisted on a buy-back clause in Sissoko's contract.

That allowed Reds boss Rafa Benitez, who signed Sissoko for Valencia in 2003, to bring him to Anfield.

He is OK. Seen him a few times, not sure if he is worth £5.5m though, we will have to wait and see.

Doesn't Benitez only play one up front? Now you have Cisse, Morientes, Baros and this guy. Or was that only because of injuries last season.