Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

Hola, yes i no figo and luxey had problems last season but from watching them mostly on tv but also at a few of there games, figo still does a job, Owen also does so, when we had him Ronaldo and Raul up front together at the end of year, we looked very good, we played better, we like Owen, and we know hes better the Raul but we love  Raul, he been here forever.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZizouFWF

Yes I totally agree with you Malenko, our important players like Ronaldo and Zidane found their form when it was too late, Figo is worth more then 0 though and Walter Samuel is horrible, hopefully this Woodgate is going to be ok?

I always assumed Walter Samuel was one of the best defenders in the world, that assumption taken from manager games and word of mouth. I thought West Ham were in debt, how the fuck can they pay 100k a week? That's ridiculous. I've never rated Figo anyway.

Oh, and Woodgate, If you can keep him injury-free you have one of the best defenders in the world. Quote Bobby Robson, not me.

Edited by botchedpiledriver

• Admin

Fulham have got Heidar Helguson from Watford for £1.3 million, which may see Andy Cole leave to go back to Blackburn, apparently.

He's a fucking good player, shame really because it just goes to show how Watford can't really keep hold of their decent first team players. With Webber, Helguson and Dyer (who was never good) gone, I don't even know if Watford have a striker now.

I think the Hornets still have Scott Fitzgerald - and that's about it!

As for Cole back to Ewood, I wouldn't mind seeing it. We paid half his wages this season anyway as part of the deal, so for him to come back to us on reduced wages would be great. Especially if he can help Jansen get back to somewhere near his old self.

In semi-related news, Shefki Kuqi will be having his medical at Rovers today, after agreeing personal terms (believed to be a low salary, performance based contract), and should complete the signing in the next day or so. Rumours I've heard suggest the Rovers board see the signing as win-win - either Kuqi scores goals, or we sell him on and make a profit.

Guest ZizouFWF

I always assumed Walter Samuel was one of the best defenders in the world, that assumption taken from manager games and word of mouth. 

Edited by ZizouFWF

Samuel has a good reputation because in the past he's always gotten the job done. How exactly is open for debate, he's the kind of player that even of you do get past him; you could be kicked two or three feet into the air for you're troubles. He's not a bad player now by any means but football generally has moved on a lot since that kind of play and he hasen't so-to-speak.

And West Ham's chairman is the owner of JJB, he's hardly strapped for cash and it's rumoured the team had in excess of £35M to spend in order to ensure Premiership survival. Trouble is whereas they have the cash to bring in big names, no-one wants to be the first to go to them given the struggle they may face. Figo's huge wage demands were enough to throw United, Arsenal and Newcastle reportedly off the scent but he's the kind of player that West Ham could use to lure others to the club.

I always assumed Walter Samuel was one of the best defenders in the world, that assumption taken from manager games and word of mouth. 

Yes, he is very good in Serie A and with A.S. Roma, with the giallorossi he was suited to the more defensive play, he had good players around him and in Italia it is more tactical, here in Espana, its all attack and we have poor defence so he looks poor. Helguera is also a midfielder god bless him. I just hope Woodgate help us here at Bernabeu, we need trophies again.

Fulham have got Heidar Helguson from Watford for £1.3 million, which may see Andy Cole leave to go back to Blackburn, apparently.

He's a fucking good player, shame really because it just goes to show how Watford can't really keep hold of their decent first team players. With Webber, Helguson and Dyer (who was never good) gone, I don't even know if Watford have a striker now.

It's no go Figo - Reds Jun 28 2005

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL retain a passing interest in Real Madrid's unsettled Galactico, Luis Figo, but the Portuguese midfielder would have to drop his pay demands dramatically to secure a move to Anfield.

Fresh reports have claimed that Anfield officials had opened discussions with Figo's representatives.

But Reds chief executive Rick Parry cooled transfer talk over the midfielder today.

He confirmed there could be an interest in bringing Figo to the club, but not while his wages remained at a prohibitive £90,000 per week.

There was no official comment on Steven Gerrard's contract situation, but talks are believed to be starting this week. No comment will be made by any of the parties concerned until there is a resolution.

Boss Rafael Benitez, meanwhile, is continuing to scour Europe for striking reinforcements.

Priced out of moves for his first choice targets Dirk Kuyt at Feyenoord and Peter Crouch at Southampton, he was reported today to have switched his attentions to Lyon forward Sidney Govou.

Chief executive Parry said, however, that a deal for the 25-year-old was "very unlikely."

Goalkeeper Jose Reina is expected to complete his £8m move from Villarreal before the July 6 Champions League qualifying round deadline, making him eligible to make his debut against Total Network Solutions if necessary.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

And West Ham's chairman is the owner of JJB, he's hardly strapped for cash and it's rumoured the team had in excess of £35M to spend in order to ensure Premiership survival.

In semi-related news, Shefki Kuqi will be having his medical at Rovers today, after agreeing personal terms (believed to be a low salary, performance based contract), and should complete the signing in the next day or so. Rumours I've heard suggest the Rovers board see the signing as win-win - either Kuqi scores goals, or we sell him on and make a profit.

I choose sell him. I don't think he is any better than what we have anyway. Oh well, happy to be proven wrong.

Guest ZizouFWF

We have had a rejected for Robinho and the Santos President said he wants €60 million for him, i feel we will get him for less. We are also after Sergio Ramos and Pablo Garcia, they are both good players, I would be happy with Ramos from Sevilla, hes 22 and will solve defensive problems. We will get him for €20 million although it says he has a €27 million clause - Liverpool and Manchester United also want him.

We also want 28 year old Osasuna's Garcia who I hope we do not get, he not good and not too good for Real Madrid - we want Galacticos not them - we fans want Lampard, Henry and C.Ronaldo. We wont get one :(

Edited by ZizouFWF

Guest ZizouFWF

Yeah I understand that, for Meija and 6 million euros, it not a bad buy, we need bigger and better squad. To be fair Barca dont have that big a squad either, English teams seem to have more squad depth then other european clubs

Celtic's rumourmill is scaring me. They apparently want, or already have brought in these guys:

Steve Harper (Newcastle). Probably decent or more.

Derek Riordan (Hibs). I wanted Rangers to sign this guy, he's a future superstar.

Claus Lundekvam (Southampton). Not really bothering me, but it adds depth to their squad.

Jeremie Aliadiere (Arsenal). A loan deal, but Bellamy was a loaned player and was the stand-out player for Celtic this year despite only being there half the season.

Craig Bellamy (Newcastle). Obviously they need him if they're to score any goals next season.

Artur Boruc (Legia Warsaw). Never heard of him, but I'd never heard of Henrik Larsson until he played at Celtic either.

Robbie Keane (Tottenham). World class.

Paddy Kenny (Sheffield United). Every team needs a comedy player.

Chris Kirkland (Liverpool). Another future superstar in my opinion, a loan deal surely.

Paul Konchesky (Charlton). Apparently's he a reliable player.

Antti Niemi (Southampton). Great goalkeeper...since he left Rangers. Bastard.

Kevin Phillips (Southampton). Another one of Strachan's hoes. Great player in comparison to the rest of the SPL.

Steven Whittaker (Hibs). Another one of the Hibernian future stars. I also wanted Rangers to sign him.

Maciej Zurawski (Wisla Krakow). Polish international, so he can't be that bad.

Also, guys supposed to leave/already left Celtic: Petrov (yay), Balde (finally), Fernandez (who?), Hedman (finally), Laursen (finally), Lennon (he was annoying, so yay), Maloney (surprising), Agathe (finally) and McManus (who?).

Then we have Rangers, which looks a lot weaker.

Dean Ashton (Norwich). Who?

Nigel Quashie (Southampton). Scottish international, reliable as well.

Nicky Butt (Newcastle). We can finally buy him...but he's fallen a long way from his Man United days.

Traianos Dellas (Roma). w00t, but apparently Celtic are sniffing around too.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Heerenveen). Who?

Tobias Hysen (Djurgardens). His name rhymes with Dyson...which suck. Bad feeling about this.

Gary Naysmith (Everton). Another Scot coming home...only after becoming much crap than he used to be. <_<

Kevin Phillips (Southampton). I think they're just doing this to piss off Strachan. I don't really want to see him in a Rangers strip. Unless of course he scores 5 per game.

Apparently Going/Gone:

Prso. :(

Khizanishvili. :(

Lovenkrands. :)

Ball. :)

Buffel. He's barely played. Oh well.

Kyrgiakos. :angry: Why?!

McGregor. Who cares?

Smith. See above.

*sigh* We'd better win next season. McLeish really has no excuse if we don't, unless the first team suddenly dies.