Is there any female band member....

Guest George

Fine try Stephanie Ashworth the bassist from Something For Kate. I myself have no idea if she's taleneted, but Courtney Love wanted her to join Hole which she turned down because she wanted to be in a band that took music seriously. The Australian music press has always been all over her dick (or whatever euphimism is appropriate for a female). Like I said I have no knowledge nor do I want it of what makes a good musician. So I can't play this game too well.

Edited by Quom

If I was as fussy as that, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden wouldn't be my favorite bands, and I would HATE Pixies, Ramones and The Hives, which I don't

That's why I didn't asked for a main-stream opinion, and I made this question and this isn't in any public magazine or shit like that.

I want to see a woman who makes me go "Whoa! That is an amazing bassist" and so far, no female has done that....

But at the same time, we are drawn to bands like the Minutemen because they put together an amazing sound, because they are incredible musicians. Same can be said for a band like Primus. However, I do agree with your initial point, because I wouldn't be a fan of Crass, Sex Pistols, Ramones, or Flipper if I was a stickler on instrumental prowess.

As for talented female musicians, I've found that Poison Ivy of the Cramps (yes, that lovely lady in my sig) to be quite the enjoyable guitar player. She was really an integral part of the Cramps unique sound.

Karla "Mad Dogg" (forget her last name) of the Controllers was an accomplished drummer. She pulled together an already great punk rock and roll sound, and was notable for being one of very few African American women active in the LA punk scene. Not that she was the only one, but it wasn't as if black women were common place in that scene, especially as part of a band.

Guest George

Fuck off Quom. You have mistaken my words. Never did I said that women do not belong on the Rock N' Roll and never did I said that female on bands are naturally bad...

Bah it ain't worth it. As you said, you can't play the "skill" game too well, so I don't know what the fuck are you even doing in this thread.

As said before:

Fuck off Quom.

Fuck off Quom. You have mistaken my words. Never did I said that women do not belong on the Rock N' Roll and never did I said that female on bands are naturally bad...

Bah it ain't worth it. As you said, you can't play the "skill" game too well, so I don't know what the fuck are you even doing in this thread.

As said before:

Fuck off Quom.

My bands can go from Dream Theater to The Hives/The Vines/The Strokes, but as a musician, I tend to be impressed by someone who can actually pull off something I can't. I have never seen a female do that, that's what I'm looking for and this is why I made this thread.

Edited by Quom

Guest George

And my point is who gives a fuck? Since when did you become sole fucking judge and jury of what makes a talented fucking musician? The point is you're an elitist twat who has it in his mind that because he can play a bass he has some fucking right to criticise musicians and their art. Perhaps if you removed your over sized head from your arse you would realise that 99% of musicians could fucking care less if you spunk in your pants listening to their work. Nor are we here to feed you musicians one by one so you can inform us if who we like is worth liking.

You fucked up by singling out females. Whether you intended to or not you implied (quite heavily I may add) that women in bands have little skill and could and quite possibly should be replaced by the much superior male musicians over which you drool. Just because you are a frustrated muso who can't get past the garage stage there is no need to take it out on female musicians. If you think they're not worthy I'm sure they give a shit. I can imagine Melissa Auf der Maur is running to the phone to call up Tori Amos to state that their efforts are futile because an elitist twat doesn't like their work and they should probably call it a day and quit.

And my point is who gives a fuck? Since when did you become sole fucking judge and jury of what makes a talented fucking musician? The point is you're an elitist twat who has it in his mind that because he can play a bass he has some fucking right to criticise musicians and their art. Perhaps if you removed your over sized head from your arse you would realise that 99% of musicians could fucking care less if you spunk in your pants listening to their work. Nor are we here to feed you musicians one by one so you can inform us if who we like is worth liking.

You fucked up by singling out females. Whether you intended to or not you implied (quite heavily I may add) that women in bands have little skill and could and quite possibly should be replaced by the much superior male musicians over which you drool. Just because you are a frustrated muso who can't get past the garage stage there is no need to take it out on female musicians. If you think they're not worthy I'm sure they give a shit. I can imagine Melissa Auf der Maur is running to the phone to call up Tori Amos to state that their efforts are futile because an elitist twat doesn't like their work and they should probably call it a day and quit.