Is there any female band member....

Guest George

Guest George

Yeah, so I know all good drummers, bassists and guitarists and none of them are female.

Are there actually any female musician who is skilled with her instrument? No vocals included.

Guest Mr McFarlane

Chesty LaRue from Kou vs The Giant Cat Robots plays the bass quite well. That is until we changed her name to Hooty McBoob. Then she started to suck.

Chesty LaRue from Kou vs The Giant Cat Robots plays the bass quite well. That is until we changed her name to Hooty McBoob. Then she started to suck.

Yeah, and she hardly had time to play bass!

Guest Mr McFarlane

You can have Tits McGee, I replaced her with Max Power.

But on a serious note, There's a local band in Brantford that has a pretty good chick guitarist. Not like any of you people would know that band/her. :P

Again, there was a local band here called Jonny & The Rats who had a girl called Natalie Noise on "ghost" bass, she rocked hard. Apparently she has a new band in Brighton who sound like a female-fronted Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

How do you define someone who is an excellent musician? If you are talking commercial success you have the problem of bands like Blink 182 who most consider to be terrible musicians (sans Travis), if you go for actual music ability as in who can play instuments well then you alienate a large number of music fans who could fucking care less about how the music works and instead like simple melodies, and listenable music.

As such I think any woman who is in a successful band is a good musician, to be able to grab the audiences attention and hold it long enough for the band to become successful means that they have to be doing something right.

Bjork's magnificent in her craft.

Can't think of names right now but her from Ash and the lass from My Vitriol are both fantastic guitarists...

And the blonde bassist from California Dreams was something else! :wub::shifty:

Charlotte Hatherly is the lass from Ash, as far as I remember...might be Heatherly.

Guest George

As such I think any woman who is in a successful band is a good musician, to be able to grab the audiences attention and hold it long enough for the band to become successful means that they have to be doing something right.

who is actually skilled?
Edited by Quom

Guest George

If I was as fussy as that, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden wouldn't be my favorite bands, and I would HATE Pixies, Ramones and The Hives, which I don't

That's why I didn't asked for a main-stream opinion, and I made this question and this isn't in any public magazine or shit like that.

I want to see a woman who makes me go "Whoa! That is an amazing bassist" and so far, no female has done that....

If Melissa Auf der Maur doesn't make you say "whoa" then you're not listening hard enough. She plays bass, guitar and keyboards all extremely well; her bass playing is far greater than most men as well. I'd go so far as to put her in my top ten favorite bassists.

I also think Amy Lee is an incredibly talented pianist, but probably not enough to make me go "whoa" unless she's singing, but according to you vocals don't count. Which I think that doesn't make sense, but whatever, your thread.

I'd say Alicia Keys, but I don't know if you'd consider her a "band member" since she's a solo artist. She's one of the few pianists I actually enjoy listening to though, so I figured I'd toss her name into the mix for the hell of it.