UK Rap/Hip Hop/Garage : The Debate

Guest Blade

Do you think U.k. Rap/Hip Hop/Garage etc.. is becoming bigger than u.s.a's music  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think U.k. Rap/Hip Hop/Garage etc.. is becoming bigger than u.s.a's music

• Yes
    • The U.K. is getting there slowly but surely
    • Hell No, USA owns them forever
    • No

On a side note, since YI brought up the speaking in techno music, am I the only one that loves it? Its hilarious...

'AND THEN... HE CREATED HOOOOOOOOOUSE! AND IT WAS GOOD! AND THEN, HE CREATED HARD HOOOOOOOOOUSE, AND...*music starts*'

Especially for shit like Rotterdam.

'WE ARE... THE ARMY... OF HARDCORE!'

Cracks me up.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem with UK rap is that barring artists with mainstream appeal, e.g. The Streets (Genuine wit, understandable lyrics for the Q readers) and the GLC (comedy), no one outside of London really cares. Up north your rap fans are essentially, as mentioned by someone else, chavs who wouldn't listen to your up and coming grime types anyway. They'd be listening to Fiddy Cent and whatever that really shit one is that were number 1 on CD:UK. There isn't really a market to sustain a large UK rap industry, just a few standout stars such as Dizzee Rascal and the like.

Lets not forget us North Easterners have the new monkey. Which is the shittest 'music' ever to grace this earth/ I can think of nothing more shite than 2, 16 year old kids playing horrible hard techno rave screaming and shouting 'lyrics' over the top. However i've always wanted to go to the actual "New Monkey" club in SUnderland where it all originated, just for shits and giggles.

Guest Blade

been gone for two days and this thread has flourished lol... good to see people taking intrest just for the record what does everyone who has heard of them think of Sway,Mitchell Bros and Tinchy Stryder