Chelsea thread

G-O-D

Ballack completes Blues move

Michael Ballack has signed his three-year contract at Chelsea and is being unveiled by the Premiership champions.

As expected, the Germany captain has sealed a lucrative Bosman switch to Stamford Bridge after deciding against renewing his contract with Bayern Munich.

Ballack helped Bayern to another Double this season but was jeered by sections of the club's support during his farewell performance.

The East German will add a touch of class to an already powerful Blues squad and is likely to be a major force in The Premiership.

After previously being courted by Manchester United and Real Madrid, the 29-year-old decided to opt for a move to the English capital.

Ballack will wear the number 13 shirt next season that he favours, but the jersey is currently held by unsettled defender William Gallas, whose future in West London is in doubt with Milan keen to take the Frenchman to Italy.

Credit: SkySports.com

Apparently he's going to be on £130,000 a week, which is ridiculous because I don't see where he's going to fit into your midfield as a regular starter. Lampard and Makelele are the two central players, and that's the way it should stay. Could be interesting though.

Edited by TMM

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Kliq Masterson

Mourinho could pull a Brazil and drop the 4-5-1 in favour of a 4-6-0, if not, then I really have no clue where he'd put him either. That and a Ballack/Lampard midfield would probably work as well as the Gerrard/Lampard partnership England has, which is to say not that well.

Way to piss off Gallas even more, I hope he leaves.

Apparently he's offered to buy-out his own contract if they don't let him go (which would be about £5m or so), which is some sign of desperation. At least there's one player in the Chelsea team who isn't there for money :D

Guest muddatrucker

Well he gets liked 13,000 a week doesn't he? I know he was Chelseas lowest paid starter for a long while, he deserves more cash since he's one of their best defenders and has played out of position when required.

Guest Kliq Masterson

I'm intrigued as to where this is gonna leave Gudjohnsen. Mourinho clearly likes him, but he's bound to leave soon, especially with Ballack there.

Its obvious where Ballack will play, in a 3 with Makelele and Lampard - replacing Essien, who will eventually replace Makelele. With Makelele doing the defensive duties, Lampard and Ballack are literally going to be unstoppable. Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd are going to have to buy big to combat this.

Drop Essien? Fucking hell. Essien has been amazing when I've watched him. He always fulfils his duties, and is a great tackler. With Ballack coming in it's going to path the end of some Chelsea careers, most likely:

Wright-Phillips

Maybe even Cole. I've heard WP may be going back to City on loan, and Liverpool are interested.

HAHAHAHA.

Chelsea sell Joe Cole? Arguably their most oustanding player this year? I think not, Cole is a practically a winger, Ballack's arrival has little effect on him. Essien is, IMO, being groomed to take over from Makelele who, realistically, only has one or two more seasons at the top level in him.

I think there will be a major summer shake-up, due to Chelsea not winning the Champions League, with the likes of SWP, Gudjohnsen, Geremi, Crespo, Del Horno and Gallas (!) maybe leaving.

Guest DirtyFoot

Nice to see the chels have a big following on the site, and the signing of Ballack is welcomed by every hardened Shed boy. As they know exactly where he will fit in.

and talking of the shed don't you think it's bollocks they away fans are in there? My old man didn't stand there for thirty years battering the yids so they can now come in with welcome arms. Stuff them in the top of the east near the matthew harding that would make matches all the more fun like they used to be.

Chelsea's Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba says he wants to leave English football because he is fed up with the criticism he has received.

The 28-year-old, who cost £24m from Marseille years ago, had to issue a retraction recently after admitting diving and scoring with his hand.

"I want to move on and avoid all the pressure and scandals. Those things hurt my feelings," he told The Sun.

"Anywhere I go, the Champions League will be there waiting for me."

Drogba was Chelsea's second top scorer last season with 16 goals as they won their second consecutive Premiership title.

But he made headlines for the wrong reasons when he told a Match of the Day interview that "somtimes I dive, sometimes I stand", before correcting the comment.

In the same interview, after a 2-0 win over Manchester City, he admitted handling the ball as he scored one of the goals.

"Yes, it was handball, but that's part of the game," he said.

"If City had done it, no-one would have mentioned it. But everyone is out to make a big mess about Chelsea."

Drogba has indicated he would like to move to Italy.

See, I think Drogba would do alright in Italy. Maybe he'll finally show what everyone sees in him.

I can't say I'd be too sad to see him leave. Chelsea could do with a much more potent striker really.

Guest Kliq Masterson

Doesn't seem like he's going anywhere:

MOURINHO TOUGH ON DROGBA

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has ruled out selling Didier Drogba following the striker's comments on Friday regarding his unhappiness at Stamford Bridge.

The £24 million arrival from Marseille has bagged 32 goals in 59 appearances for the Premiership champions, but is rumoured to be unsettled in West London.

Reports from Italy claim Roma are admirers of the Ivory Coast international, and Lyon would love to bring him back to France, but Mourinho is adamant that Drogba will remain at the club.

"The situation is he has two more years of contract with Chelsea," he told Sky Sports News.

"He is one of the players we consider not negotiable.

"So he has no chance to leave. He has to play for Chelsea.

"If he plays with happiness, fantastic. We get the best of him.

"If he doesn't play with happiness, he doesn't play. So it's his problem."

Chelsea are lining up a move for Andrei Shevchenko, the Milan marksman, but are expected to sacrifice Hernan Crespo if they need to accommodate the Ukraine captain.

Drogba is getting a gigantic sum of money, and Chelsea is willing to let him rot on the bench? I'm sure other clubs around the globe would be willing to pay huge amounts for him. I don't see the point in keeping him, especially if he is unhappy enough to let it effect his play.

Drogba is getting a gigantic sum of money, and Chelsea is willing to let him rot on the bench? I'm sure other clubs around the globe would be willing to pay huge amounts for him. I don't see the point in keeping him, especially if he is unhappy enough to let it effect his play.

• 2 weeks later...

Jose Mourinho is gonna love this: Unlike ManYoo, Arsenal and Liverpool, Chelski will not be seeded for the group stages of next season's Champions League.

While their Premiership rivals are set to be included as three of the eight seeds, Chelski will be placed in the second pot of teams and can therefore expect to be pitted against either a Spanish or Italian heavyweight.

Although Jose will no doubt plead anti-Chelski conspiracy, the seedings are based on the club's coefficient from results in Europe over the past five years.

According to The Daily Telegraph, 'If Inter plus Liverpool and Arsenal are successful in the third qualifying-round, the top eight seeds will be: Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United.'

'In the second group, Chelsea will be joined by Lyon, Porto, PSV, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Valencia if the last two clubs win their third qualifying-round ties.'

Jose Mourinho is gonna love this: Unlike ManYoo, Arsenal and Liverpool, Chelski will not be seeded for the group stages of next season's Champions League.

While their Premiership rivals are set to be included as three of the eight seeds, Chelski will be placed in the second pot of teams and can therefore expect to be pitted against either a Spanish or Italian heavyweight.

Although Jose will no doubt plead anti-Chelski conspiracy, the seedings are based on the club's coefficient from results in Europe over the past five years.

According to The Daily Telegraph, 'If Inter plus Liverpool and Arsenal are successful in the third qualifying-round, the top eight seeds will be: Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United.'

'In the second group, Chelsea will be joined by Lyon, Porto, PSV, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Valencia if the last two clubs win their third qualifying-round ties.'

:w00t:

I like this news. Mainly because it will piss off Mourinho.

No doubt we'll have to put up with some whinging from Mr. Mourinho, and if he doesn't, when they're knocked out in the group stages he'll have a ready made excuse to fall back on.