Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luton are going to surprise quite a few people this year.

They have something about them, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they came close to promotion.

Should be 2-0, great save.

Edited by Lost Soul

But they had a great season last year, other than the dip near the end and they went down to midtable. They were leading the Championship for about a quarter-half of the season weren't they?

And 2-0 now, I've only seen from 50 minutes onwards and it's pretty much been all Luton.

Wooo Championship kicks off today and we got a massive game away at Birmingham. Hopefully we can stay up but obviously it will be a fight against relegation this season but we had years and years of it in League One and ended up getting promoted so you can never be to downcast when supporting Colchester United.

Haha, come on Carlisle. I've finished giving all my friends stick for beating them 3-0 in pre-season, so I can go back to liking them again.

I should have gone to the match really, had nowt else to do but I'm skint.

Well, looks like I'm one of few who didn't have a terrible first day. Carlisle won 1-0 which is good, wanted to see them get off to a good start since I always said that Northampton will fair the better in League One. Then Carlisle & Leyton will probably both scrap around, so it's nice to see the team get off with a win. I only really like them because they're my home team, and two of my best friends are season ticket holders (one of them has a Grandad who had the nearby Sports Complex where they train a bit named after him) so I kinda get to hear about it a lot, so naturally I pick up a lot about Carlisle.

However Sunderland don't play until tomorrow, and that's who I want to see win. If it came down to it, I'd have Sunderland win to come 10th as opposed to 11th than Carlisle be promoted to a league. So while I do like both, my favourite is Sunderland. Unfortunately we don't appear to have any left sided players, but we are looking to sign a Swiss player called Cabanas and a released Barcelona midfielder called Oriol Reira I think. Not sure how good they are or if we'll pick them up or not though, just what I've heard.

3-2 to Grimsby, coming back from 2-0 down. I can't believe that Grimsby actually had the ability to score three goals in twenty minutes. It's just baffling. But yeah, we always lose on the opening day so this is a refreshing change.

Im pissed that we lost to CARLISLE! Two years ago we relegated them to the conference, wankers!

Oh well, if we dont beat Crewe on Tuesday in the first home game of the season, im throwing my season ticket down the toilet

well, prolly not, but ya get what i mean