Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So, more info on BW2 has come out. It's set 2 years after the original, new player characters and a rival. You start in a different and new city (with a new professor). Part of Unova is now frozen at the top and there's two new gym leaders (Poison and Water) who is hazard a guess might replace Skyla and Brycen at the top of the map.

Also, quite a few non-Unova Pokemon will be catchable in the wild from the go, including Psyduck, Eevee, Riolu and then at least Metagross and Arcanine.

All looks rather good to me :D

Apparently a video of gameplay from Black 2 is available. I started watching it myself but then paused it, because Im not sure if I want it to spoil the beginning for me (even though it's in Japanese) or risk it to see how the game looks. So with that, I torture the rest of you with the same dilemma

Edited by Vitamin E

• 4 weeks later...

Still playing through Platinum even though I bought Black the other day. I was kinda' surprised by how many Pokemon I recognized (Geodude, Onyx, Psyduck, Abra, Magikarp...)

The first images from inside CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase further screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, it confirms Alder will appear early on within the game and asks the player to follow him

Cheren is a Normal-type Gym Leader while Bianca gives you your starter Pokémon as a favour for Juniper

Nobody seems to know where N has gone

New Professor is Professor Burnett who is in AR Searcher

Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus original forms are Incarnation Forme. Their new forms are Sacred Beast Forme. They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex and have no type changes

Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense. It is 1.4m and weighs 63.0kg

Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack. It is 3.0m and weighs 61.0kg

Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack. It is 1.3m and weighs 68.0kg

Mecha Tyranitar is part of PokéWood. Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen appears, has a confrontation with Homika's father who wants to be a movie star, and is part of PokéWood. PokéWood allows you to select a scenario and then make the movie. Various battles appear

Pokémon World Tournament allows you to battle many of the old Gym Leaders and Champions including those listed yesterday and Janine & Blaine. We're still in the process of translating so keep checking back

Sounds like pretty decent stuff, although all I can think about when they mention a movie involving a Mecha Tyranitar is:

pervert.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for Black and White 2 to come out. I finished White ages ago and I don't want to start it again as I have Zorua and Arceus etc. on it which I can't get back if I start again, so I want to wait - so this will mean I can play through the metagame more or less again without losing all my old pokemon. Also I have a great game on Red fully saved, and I'm currently playing through Pearl. Then I'll buy Emerald for GBA and a GBA nice and cheap and that way I can move all my pokemon along the games and into the latest series. Need to play Gold or Silver again sometime, I never really got into them much (although I'd wager they're better than Pearl which I'm finding quite poor!) but I'll need to if I'm to get all my super duper pokemon, although I'll never use most of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting a 3DS and a used copy of Black. The person before me was smart and didn't really leave much, only 7 Pokemon total. Lugia, Gengar, Charizard, Blaziken, Ditto, Pansage, and Emboar, all but the last two are shiny. Assuming the person before me hacked the game considering they have every Pokemon listed as captured in the Pokedex, including Genesect who I don't think has even officially been released.

Does it matter much if I create a new account on that Pokemon Global Link site? I know I can register both versions to the same account, but I don't much care for my nickname on the site anymore.

Edited by Vitamin E

1) They are comparing Mew and Ditto

2) You don't find Ditto in Cinnabar mansion. EDIT: Oh apparently you do as of FRLG.

:shifty:

For 1) they are saying that Ditto and Mewtwo are found in the same place because they are both attempts at cloning Mew >_>. Not that Ditto and Mew are both found in the same place. Then again I haven't played FRLG so *shrug*.

I think I've bit off more than I can chew here, about 3 weeks to go until Black and Whtie 2 are out and I'm still not completed Pearl. The discrepancies between the end of Victory Road and the start of the Elite 4 are just too great so I've spent ages training up. At the moment my team is: Infernape, Luxray, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Blissey and Steelix. Although the first four will probably be the only damage dealers in there.

Also I have Leaf Green and Soul Silver bought and arrived but not even had a chance to put them on yet, I'd like to get through both of them if possible before I buy Black or White 2. As I bought White when it came out I'll probably get Black 2 until I can round out the collection. Should keep me occupied for a couple of months at least anyways. :D