Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

33 minutes ago, Sousa said:

For the last time, if you post it on AO3, I can read it.

Can you at least give me substantive feedback on the scene where Charmander and Jigglypuff french kiss? 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Only if there's some manner of free component to it, not paying £15 (!!!) for what looks like a bunch of increased spawns? Admittedly I haven't looked into it properly.

I bit the bullet and paid the £15.  It's been quite fruitful for me so far, as i finally managed to catch an Unown to finish the Johto dex, and then managed to finish the throwback champion research, as well as catching a few new pokemon, and a shiny Skamory.

• Like 1

I bought the ticket and its been great so far. Every hour has something interesting, this hour it's a load of Fire types with Tepigs, Litwicks etc. that I need for candy, last hour it was the rare candy with gifts hour, it's a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I have done better than I was expecting today, going off what people on Twitter had said in other regions that got it before us. 

I'll post my stuff after 8 when it finishes. We've been playing solidly since 10am, most of it outdoors. Bit knackered now. 

I think they had it in two 5 hour blocks as they weren't expecting many to be able to play for 10 hours straight. If you missed the Fire types first time around, you had a chance later in the day. Although there were some serious server issues during that 2nd Fire hour. :(

I came away with 15 shinies today.

Started with Meditite, but that was a dupe as I already had that and Medicham before.

Machop followed, which I'll evolve to Machoke as I already have a Machop and Machamp.

Marowak and Heatmor came during the Fire hour which was great. I was happy to just get the standard Heatmor as he'd never been available here before. Magi and Carvanha weren't really needed as I have their sets already.

My best hour came when I had 2 Croagunk (evolved the 2nd to Toxicroack), Grimer and Dratini. Dratini is spare so I'll save that for a lucky trade. 

Marill and Clefairy were both new to me as well, and then during the final few hours I got a Houndour which I can now evolve to Houndoom thanks to an earlier one, and then some bonus Pika hat Squirtle and Bulbasaur to finish.

I had incense on from start to finish and didn't end up with a shiny Unown. And I've been chasing Sableye for ages, but wasn't able to get that one either.

On to Day 2!

Screenshot_20200725-200152_Pokmon GO.jpg

Screenshot_20200725-200223_Pokmon GO.jpg

Screenshot_20200725-200244_Pokmon GO.jpg

Changing an event to allow people to play from home and then making the entire second day dependent on your ability to get to Poké Stops seems like a massive error in judgement. I imagine there's going to be a lot of unhappy people who wouldn't have bought a ticket if they knew this in advance.

I don't think anything of note turned up yesterday as a free player. This morning however the Alolan boys turned out so I got Marowak and Grimer that I didn't have before. Plus a random Shiny Exeggutor out of nowhere, with good IVs to boot. On the shiny front, I got a couple of Oddish during the recent spawn increase. Handy because I when I evolved the first, I realised I'd have to choose between either Vileplume or Bellosom but now I don't have to. Well, I kinda do because one is good IV and one isn't.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Changing an event to allow people to play from home and then making the entire second day dependent on your ability to get to Poké Stops seems like a massive error in judgement. I imagine there's going to be a lot of unhappy people who wouldn't have bought a ticket if they knew this in advance.

It's easier and quicker via stops, but the balloons serve the same purpose.

Not a massive fan of the Go Rocket battles myself anyway. Got it done out of the way as quickly as possible.

Yeah I didn't realise the grunts would be in balloons too, once that was clarified I was able to get through it, although it took ages to find Cliff.

Probably worth it for the legendaries in the end, as well as the rarer ones that showed up. On the shiny front I can now add Qwilfish to my Roselia, both of which I had already got shinies of.

My shiny luck has been abysmal ever since I snagged a shiny Mewtwo during the Gen 1 event a few months ago. I'm happy to accept that deal though.

• Like 1