Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fly the W! said:

I've never owned a Pokemon game before but I got Sun. I like the little demo thing so it should be fun

"ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

• Like 1

I'm only through Route 1 and I kind of love this a lot. Alola feels like an actual setting with a culture and a world that relates to the mons that exist within it rather than, say, Hoenn's "oh we're just kinda here and also there are 2-3 powerful doomsday weapon mons" or Kalos's "France I guess." The interface changes are so obvious that it's rather baffling it's taken this long. And there's definitely a story at work early beyond just vaguely striking out on one's own and oh btw here's the Heel Team.

I really want a Skill Link Pikipek though. :crying:

Oh yeah I went Litten mainly for WRESTLECAT purposes, which is hilarious because it was the one I was least into when it was first announced. Rowlet's stock dropped precipitously the more of its evolutions appeared. :(

I just beat the kahuna of the first island. Team right now is...

* Torracat
* Trumbeak
* Cutiefly
* Pichu

And the last two slots are alternating between Grubbin, Gastly (for fast Hypnosis), the free Munchlax (MAKE SURE YOU GET YOURS), and Crabrawler (who I just found out can't evolve until the last area, which. Ick.). Technician Alolan Meowth has some neat tricks up its sleeve, so I'll occasionally bring him in too. First kahuna was rough because I critted Mankey and activated Anger Point. :crying:

I just got through the first kahuna as well - had a long car drive last night and I took advantage of that. I'm currently doing:

• Litten (having a hard time letting it evolve)
  • Gastly
  • Pichu
  • Rattata
  • Meowth
  • Yungoos

I'm waiting for Yungoos or Rattata to evolve so I can put Rockruff in there instead though.