Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole dust cloud malarky is annoying - I'd like to catch a Drillbur but after waiting ages for the cloud all I ever get are gems!

But this game is all sorts of awesome. Friend code to come I suppose is the in thing to do right now...

Little hint with shaking grass/dust clouds/water bubbles: get Repels, and run around a lot. It's movement that triggers them showing up, not time.

I'm working right now on getting everything up to Lv70 to take on the Elite Four again, then the two other trainers with powerful teams. I'm considering restarting once I've done that because there's a bunch of stuff I want to use on a new playthrough. Including a Metagross :D

(I'll need someone's help with that if I decide to restart btw >_>)

Yeah, the E4 spike is a bit crazy too...which I didn't quite realise until I wandered in to battle them with 10 Revives and only 5 Pokemon >_> I figured having guys in the low to high 70s would be a cakewalk, I may have been slightly wrong >_>

The Darmanitan I caught outside of Relic castle happened to be a female, so breeding between my Emboar and she will be first once I finish everything up to see if I can get people to part with some of their exclusives.

Anybody looking for a Cryoganol, Druddigon, or Zorua/Zoroark? I have a few Cryos, two Druddigons, and a few Zoruas/one Zoroark that Im willing to give away for 'free'.

Plus a Lugia, Blastoise, and Altaria if anybody wants to trade something worthwhile for any of them.

EDIT: I have white in case anyone playing Black needs any exclusives.

Edited by Vitamin E

I hate it when you find out about a cool Pokemon after you could have caught it.

I discovered Druddigon last night at the Dragon Type Gym. Thought it was cool... turns out I could have caught it a little while ago. :(

Just beat the 8th gym that turned out to be fairly easy despite haveing no tupe advantage at all over any of his Pokemone. I hate facing Dragon types. The gym layout was a nightmare too, having to go out and heal in the Pokemon centre after every battle and renegotiating the gym all over again. Gonna take a break for a day I think before attacking Victory Road. My team is like this at the moment and has been the same team since catching a Darumaka in the Desert and will more than likely be the team taking on the Pokemon league

Samurott - lv 41

Darmanitan - lv 41

Serperior - lv 40

Conkeldurr - lv 40

Krookodile - lv 41

Zebstrika lv 41

I like the team because it's got a nice span of types and they all look badass. It's much easier to have a team full of equals in this version, I remember before having a tank of a starter, relying on him entirely with 5 underleveled Pokemon backing him up. I like that.

Yeah, I finally just said fuck it and used a Masterball on his ass. If you don't want to do that though you can get a Pokemon with Mean Look and it'll keep him from running apparently, though you've obviously got to use it before he bolts.