Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

It actually ended pretty soon after I posted :blush:

I've gotten to a point in this game where my team is behind the level of even the wild pokemon and lowly galactic grunts - so i'm having to train pretty relentlessly just to not fall behind by even more, let alone catch up. It doesn't help that i'm trying to EXP share a ponyta up, so levelling happens so slowly.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually ended pretty soon after I posted :blush:

I've gotten to a point in this game where my team is behind the level of even the wild pokemon and lowly galactic grunts - so i'm having to train pretty relentlessly just to not fall behind by even more, let alone catch up. It doesn't help that i'm trying to EXP share a ponyta up, so levelling happens so slowly.

EXP Share is the work of the devil.

How?

By fighting Pokémon themselves, they gain certain values, the values aren't gained if they don't fight so when they actually start fighting they're weaker than your average Pokémon, they still gain their natural level up bonus, but they don't gain the benefits they would by actually fighting.

Do all pokemon give EV's for battling them? I thought it was only certain ones.

Every single one, it doesn't really matter though if you're never intending on competitive battling, though it may come in to play in places like the Battle Frontier or whatever this gens equivalent is.

It's odd, I use wiki all the time, but I can't use Bulbapedia...

Serebii is much more user friendly, but I can't find the info on there.

Bulbapedia is hard, but invariably what i'm after is actually there :blush:

So I found my old Gameboy Pocket and I'm doing a playthrough of Pokemon Blue. I'll probably do the same with Red after and then go on to Gold, since I can't find my old Yellow and I never had Silver. Still, playing this shit has me getting completely nostalgic. I'm only at Cerulean City right now but my Pokemon are leveling up just fine so far.

Seriously a lot of fun though. I love the simpler times of Pokemon... heard about all this nature stuff in the new games and what have you and I dunno how I feel about it, really.