Final Star Wars Trailer to primeire during The OC

Laice07

Yahoo! Movies

NEW YORK - Darth Vader is coming to "The O.C." The trailer for "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" will premiere during the March 10 episode of the Fox show.

The final installment of the "Star Wars" saga will open in theaters on May 19. The new trailer will be released in movie theaters beginning March 11.

"Revenge of the Sith" is the third prequel to the original "Star Wars" trilogy. It continues the chronicle of young Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen (news)), who eventually turns to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader.

As an avid superhero fan, Seth Cohen, the main character of "The O.C." played by Adam Brody, would likely relish the event.

"The O.C." airs Thursdays (8 p.m. EST)

PS: The Trailer is also attached to the FOX 3-D animated film "ROBOTS"

And one more thing...it may seem mean but I don't give a shit right now...I wish some of the posters at the Yahoo Message Boards just die.

Edited by Laice_

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't click here if you don't want spoilers:

Edited by SeanDMan

Is that the same trailer that played before Constantine in Australia? If it is it's put together fucking well. So well in fact that I have decided to see it. This is after vowing to never see another Star Wars movie after the pile of shit that was Episode 2.

Thanks for the link, some of those pictures I didn't see. This movie is shaping up to be amazing...

Does anyone think Lucas will get a Lifetime achievement award at the oscars?? I mean this film will definently not get nominated for anything because of the academy's hate for Lucas. How could they hate someone who revoloutionized how movies today are made?

Edit: Quom its actually the new 2 min. trailer. I know whats in it, and if you think the teaser was great..you haven't seen anything yet. ;)

Edited by Laice_

That link is horrible, actually. The pictures rock, I just hope that the story was his uniformed extrapolation of a movie he did not hear diolague for, because it jumps from kickass to non-sensical trite far too often in my opinion.

Also, I don't think Lucas is as good as everyone makes him out to be. He is like Vinnie Mac... he does a lot of stupid things because of his fanboism. The Ewoks, the Gungans... do we really need the genetic flotsam to be continually the saviours of the galaxy?

I sometimes wonder if he kiddies up his movies because he's secretly a pedo or something, because it detracts from what would otherwise be fine sci-fi films to a rediculous degree.

I think he's best when its all about action, thats where the human elemts flow the best...and since this movie is all about action, Lucas might even win back some of the naysayers.

SeanDman I do agree with you that Lucas can be overhyped, but he can damn well be underhyped, like people calling him the worst director of all time, when they don't understand what the **** he contributed in the mvoie industry and how he shaped it. One friend put it best "Spielberg creates amazing movies, but Lucas has created an empire, something that can't be repeated."

He is like Vinnie Mac... he does a lot of stupid things because of his fanboism. The Ewoks, the Gungans... do we really need the genetic flotsam to be continually the saviours of the galaxy?

But we can blame Jar Jar Binks for the creation of the Empire...that fact alone made Episode 2 worthwhile. -_-

But we can blame Jar Jar Binks for the creation of the Empire...that fact alone made Episode 2 worthwhile.

I think he has done more harm to Star Wars then help.

Say what you will... Empire Strikes Back is to date the best Star Wars movie. And it's the one he had the least to do with.

That says something.

Oh obviously Binks has done far more harm. That was just like his...redeeming moment, if you will.

Star Wars movies in order of greatness naturally go:

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Return of the Jedi

3. A New Hope

4. Attack of the Clones

5. Phantom Menace

I'm looking for Revenge of the Sith to slot in between New Hope and Clones, making it the best of the prequels. I can't really see it surpassing New Hope, but if it's not better than Episodes 1 and 2 then I can only despair.

I meant Lucas, not Binks.

Edit: And I figured that would be obvious. Did you see Binks in Jedi?

:P

Edited by SeanDMan

Well Lucas did create Binks...so they're connected. If it wasn't for the kickass dul at the end...Episode I would be god-awful. Thank god for Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Ray Parks. Oh and Ian Mcdirmind has been fantastic as Palpatine throughout the prequals, episode III is his time to shine.

EDIT: I Suck at writing.

Edited by Laice_

Eh, I thought Ep. I and II's negatives (terrible acting and weak looking sequences) detracted it from the series. I suppose this will be the best of the "new" trilogy, but that's like saying Species I is better than Species II.

I meant Lucas, not Binks.

Edit: And I figured that would be obvious. Did you see Binks in Jedi?

:P

Huuuuuush. <_<

I still have a gripe with Lucas over some of the changes he made for the DVD version of the original trilogy (I never saw Star Wars before the Special Edition, so I can't comment on the changes made there). I could only bury my head in my hands at the end of Jedi, where we now have Gungans dancing around with audible cries of "Weesa free!" and the like.

Edited by stokeriño

Phantom was pretty weak. It was kind of like Matrix Revolutions: Get that filler and prophetic garbage off my screen. Oh, hey? Mad fucking duel? Okay, I can dig.

That said, I liked the movie every time Maul was on the screen. Sidious as well.

But everything else was pretty weak. But not as bad as Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanikin from Clones.

That said, I liked the movie every time Maul was on the screen. Sidious as well.

I'm not so big on mindnumbing CG fights too fast to comprehend. I liked the Maul fight because he was essentially just being a martial artist and the Dooku-Anakin/Obi Wan fight because he was essentially just being a fencer. So the concept of a robot with 6+ sabers does not tickle my fancy.

Edit: Goddamnit Heel Turrn, you rock more every post you make, in every forum. Stop being so awesome.

Edited by SeanDMan

Sadly Heel Turn I wish what your saying isn't true but it is, basically the star wars fans are split into 3, those who don't really like the prequals, but love the originals(as they should), and those who love the prequals and love the originals, then there are the ones who like the prequals for the most part, but love the originals. I classify my self as loving both, but I'm just an 18 year old geek almost in gay love with star wars :P Anyway, hope you guys catch the trailer whether its online or during the OC, or while watching Robots.

Edited by Laice_

Lucas isn't a hack, he's a dinosaur. He made technological breakthroughs with the first film, and managed to establish the science fiction genre as a viable box office contender. Whether his poor adaptation to modern cinema make him obsolete is one thing, but to call him a hack is to almost imply that he wasn't the man who made 3 brilliant films during the 70's and 80's. I also take exception with whomever said that Lucas has done more harm than good for Star Wars. That's only accurate if you believe that with how disappointing the prequel trilogy has been, it would have been better had the films never been made. If you don't believe that, it's impossible to argue that Lucas has done more harm than good for the series, since its very existance is contingent upon Lucas having developed the first film way back when. If you're to discredit Lucas for the new trilogy, you must credit him for the original.