Rock Already Pelted by Conservatives Before Oscars

ROC

Point is, Bush isn't any less elitist than any Democrat. He just markets himself incredibly well. Sure, he sells himself as the down home good ol' boy, just like you and me. Yeah, my dad was head of the CIA then became president, I've ran my own oil company, and declared war on many brown people. Yeah, total Washington outsider.

Again, the American people ARE stupid and will believe anything they're told and THAT'S why George W. Bush won the election. Sure, he throws out buzz words like moral values, compassionate conservative, Jesus, faith, and misunderestimate, but he's just another fucking suit. But again, that's the gullibility of the American public, you just give them the pretty pictures and they won't read the captions. And Bush had another great marketing scheme he sold to the public, it's called "I won't ask anything from you, you don't ask anything from me." That's the kind of country we live in now.

So to tie this all back, the Academy picking Chris Rock to host may prove that Hollywood is out of touch with the majority of Americans. And you know, that may be true, but if it is, then the majority of Americans are the reason this country can't make any goddamn progress. We worry about comedians who say things that might be considered edgy instead of real fucking problems. And the whole backlash against the left due to their elitism, isn't that in itself elitist? Aren't the right acting like the elitists now with all the gloating and the "you're out of touch" bullshit?

Point is, Bush isn't any less elitist than any Democrat.  He just markets himself incredibly well.  Sure, he sells himself as the down home good ol' boy, just like you and me.  Yeah, my dad was head of the CIA then became president, I've ran my own oil company, and declared war on many brown people.  Yeah, total Washington outsider.

Guest Ringmaster

You crazy kids and your arguments. Fact is, Kerry sucks, Bush sucks, the Democrats suck and the Republicans suck. Move on.

Hollywood didn't pick Rock because they're out of touch, they picked him because of ratings. It has nothing to do with politics.

Isn't Hollywood SUPPOSED to be out of touch with America? Isn't that what makes it so great? The glamor, the glitz, swimming pools, movie stars...

Also, as far as the conservatives go....

Isn't Hollywood liberal? Aren't they supposed to be that way?

They should just thank their stars that Chris Rock is hosting, and not Michael Moore :devil:

You crazy kids and your arguments. Fact is, Kerry sucks, Bush sucks, the Democrats suck and the Republicans suck. Move on.

Let's make love.

Anyway, the Oscars are a fucking farce to begin with, Rock is the only thing that could make them slightly entertaining.