2005 MLB Thread

Cole

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a chance to go to the Indians game and am glad I did it was a great game, Indians were able to come out early like they had been the games before the losing streak and C.C. showed why he is the ace he was domianate the whole game and had 9 K's. Also it isnt like the Devils Rays are a terrible team just look at thier season series against the Yanks they dominated them for most games this season they got alot of good young guys who could make a good team in the future if it werent for the Yanks and the Red Sox. Since the White Sox clinched a spot it is a possbility that they may rest some of thier guys which could help out the Tribe, but all I know is that I am really looking forward to this last weekend of the regular season.

Little survey for the viewers of this topic.

What two teams will make the AL playoffs?

Who's the AL MVP?

I think Boston needs to win out from here to make the playoffs. If they lose one, they're in a one game playoff or done. No other way. Unless Cleveland gets swept in Chicago, I doubt that'll happen.

And Ortiz for MVP.

Boston wins 2 of 3, and Cleveland wins 2 of 3 so we end up with the 3 way tie. Boston beats NY on Monday, and then Cleveland does the same on Tuesday, so we get the Sox & Indians in, and the Yankee fans crying their eyes out to increase the payroll to $ 1 BILLION (insert Dr. Evil pinkie) next season :shifty:

Ortiz wins the MVP by going 5 of 11 (5 BB's) with 2 2B, 2 HR's and 6 RBI. A-Rod tanks it again with a 3 of 14 weekend and a meaningless HR in a blowout win or loss.

Boston wins 2 of 3, and Cleveland wins 2 of 3 so we end up with the 3 way tie. Boston beats NY on Monday, and then Cleveland does the same on Tuesday, so we get the Sox & Indians in, and the Yankee fans crying their eyes out to increase the payroll to $ 1 BILLION (insert Dr. Evil pinkie) next season :shifty:

Ortiz wins the MVP by going 5 of 11 (5 BB's) with 2 2B, 2 HR's and 6 RBI. A-Rod tanks it again with a 3 of 14 weekend and a meaningless HR in a blowout win or loss.

The only way one of the two (Yanks or Bosox) won't make the postseason is if the Red Sox sweep. That's what I think at least. But, I've been proven wrong a ton. My pick for the Mets to win the World Series I made at the end of August sure went well.

Edited by naiwf

Yankees win the division with today's win over Boston (and the Cleveland loss). That now means that if Cleveland loses tomorrow, the Red Sox are in no matter what they do tomorrow. However if the Indians win tomorrow, we have 2 scenarios: Boston wins and is in, or Boston loses and a 1 game playoff is played in Fenway on Monday.

And the Astros/Phillies race all depends on who can win today. That'll set up a huge Sunday.

Sucks balls the Yankees got in. I was hoping against hope they'd miss out, would have been a lot of fun to see the heads roll in the Bronx.

I'm pulling for Cleveland. I think if they can get in they'll be the most dangerous team in the AL. No one has the pitching to stack up and their offence is very, very good.

Regardless of who wins I still believe St. Louis will win the World Series.