Transfer Thread

Summers

I don't take notice of papers, I take notice of what I see. From what I've seen no one has come close to Gerrard. He's been just outstanding throughout every game he's played in(That I've watched).

So what if Everton have some good seasons? I took back my words and said they aint shit, yet they aren't above average at all in my book.

I was talking about the media in general...I'm guessing you watch Match Of The Day, cos thats just as bad.

Usually the live games that are on. How are highlights from the match's on MOTD bad though? :huh:

What evertonfan said is basically my point.

Manchester City have agreed to sell Ben Thatcher to Fulham after the defender asked to move for personal reasons.

Thatcher's home has been burgled twice and his wife wants to move back to London, leaving City manager Kevin Keegan admitting he had no choice.

He will move once City have signed a replacement and Keegan said: "Ben came to me a week ago absolutely mortified."

Keegan added: "He has been robbed twice. It was a very scary thing. His wife would not come back."

Thatcher is likely remain at City for another week, and Keegan admitted: "We love him to bits at this football club but some things are more important.

"I have told Ben he has to stay here another week because I have to find a replacement for him and I know he will not let me down.

"Some people might say I am a softy but I don't want Ben here while his family and kids are down South.

"We have done the deal but he has to have a medical and wait for me to get a replacement.

"He has made a big impression around the football club. He is a very obliging lad and we will miss him."

Credit: www.bbc.co.uk/sport

Pretty shit to have your house burgled twice. I like Thatcher, but haven't seen much of him recently to work out if he's what we need defensively, although we do suffer with a very small squad, especially defensively.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graveson's a top class signing for Madrid.

Whereas they have tons of other more established players to play his position, he's probably the only one that can stay in the midfield and hold up the ball defensively. Among all the other attacking midfielders Graveson, if he gets his place, should fit right into the team.

Madrid are looking for cheaper players than they used to be, and rumour has it some of the older galacticos may be replaced. The cheaper players, like Gravesen are in theory going toe nable them to sign what they actually need and who Perez thinks they need to sell more shirts.

Graveson's a top class signing for Madrid.

Whereas they have tons of other more established players to play his position, he's probably the only one that can stay in the midfield and hold up the ball defensively. Among all the other attacking midfielders Graveson, if he gets his place, should fit right into the team.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Southampton have completed the capture of Nigel Quashie from South Coast rivals Portsmouth.

Saints boss Harry Redknapp is desperate to add quality to his squad in a bid to stave off relegation and he has raided his former club Pompey for Scotland international midfielder Quashie.

Pompey have reluctantly accepted a £2.1 million deal for the former Queens Park Rangers man, with Quashie signing a three-and-a-half-year contract after passing a medical on Monday morning.

The 26-year-old is eager to aid Saints' relegation battle and is happy to renew his acquaintances with Redknapp.

"I am delighted to be joining Southampton," he told the club's website. "Despite their league position, it is a big move for me.

"The stadium and the facilities are superb and I am happy to be linking up with Harry Redknapp once more.

"I am certain they are going to stay up. There is no way I would have come here if I had any doubts about that.

"But we need to get a few results quickly - and I am the sort to relish that challenge."

Quashie is expected to make his debut in Saturday's clash with Liverpool, live on Sky Sports.

Superb news!

To be honest, sod Malbranque, Boa Morte is the heart of the Fulham team at the moment. If we had lost him, that would have fucked us up badly...

Really? Is Boa Morte that important to Fulham? I find the guy to be so average. He is often called to the portuguese squad to play as a second half replacement since most portuguese wingers are right wingers and i've never seen him do anything remarkable. Maybe he's more used to the english style of play then.

Boa Morte is one of the most under-rated players in the Premiership IMO. He is fast, good movement, dribbles well with the ball, wins loads of free-kicks and penalties, and is a good passer of the ball. His main problem is that he doesn't score enough goals, but if we don't play with him in the side, we just have no thrust whatsoever.

Edited by rvdwannabe

• Admin

Barry Ferguson has handed in a transfer request to the Blackburn board, but the board won't accept Rangers' current offer of 500K + wiping out the 2.5m still owed.

It's just going to be a mirror of the Savage situation. Lots of hot air, then Rangers will bid around 1.5m plus the money still owed, and Bazza will be back at Ibrox.

C'est la vie. At least will still have Thommo, who I think will be a better partner for Savage than Ferguson would have been.

Keeper Carson snubs Blues for 'Pool

Scott Carson is set to ease Rafael Benitez's goalkeeping problems by completing his move from Leeds to Liverpool tomorrow.

The 19-year-old stopper had a medical today and will become Benitez' third signing during the January transfer window, providing personal terms are agreed.

Centre-back Mauricio Pellegrino and striker Fernando Morientes have arrived at Anfield to bolster the Reds' squad as they look for a high finish in the Barclays Premiership, but goalkeeping problems have been a constant worry this season.

Injury-prone Chris Kirkland struggled for form before getting sidelined with a back strain after the defeat to Everton at Goodison Park. The 23-year-old is now likely to miss the rest of the season.

Jerzy Dudek has deputised but appears short of confidence, allowing Wayne Rooney's long-range effort to beat him at home to Manchester United last weekend.

The Poland international kept his place for the embarrassing FA Cup defeat to Burnley but his future as first-choice goalkeeper is uncertain following Carson's arrival.

Carson's reputation as a fine goalkeeping prospect sparked interest from Chelsea, despite the England Under-21 international only appearing for Leeds three times.

However, he made a lasting impression deputising for Paul Robinson last season after the England number one was sent off in Leeds' 3-0 defeat to Middlesbrough.

Neil Sullivan took over as first-choice keeper for Kevin Blackwell this season but, despite limited opportunities at Elland Road, Carson could now be given the stage at Liverpool to fulfil his potential.

Roman Abramovich's millions could not lure Carson to Chelsea, where he would have struggled to dislodge Petr Cech, who has been in fine form for the current league leaders, and Liverpool stepped in.

An initial bid of £250,000 was turned down a fortnight ago but it is understood the offer was increased to £750,000, with add-ons taking the sum up to the £1million mark.

Liverpool head of press Ian Cotton confirmed: 'We have agreed terms with Leeds for Scott Carson. He will undergo a medical in Liverpool and discuss personal terms with the club.'

Despite reports of former Chelsea chairman Ken Bates arriving at Elland Road to save the club from administration, Leeds are still crippled by debt and the cash will come as a much-needed boost, even if manager Kevin Blackwell is losing another of the club's promising young players.

Leeds spokesman Bryan Morris said: 'We wish Scott the very best at his new club.

'He has proven himself to be a top class keeper during his time at Leeds United and we are sure he will continue to impress at Anfield.

'His steady nerve in pressure situations and his professionalism on and off the pitch will ensure that he has a bright future ahead of him.'

Souness admits Yak interest

Newcastle manager Graeme Souness has confirmed his interest in landing Yakubu Aiyegbeni along with his team-mate Amdy Faye.

The deal to bring Faye to St James's Park from Portsmouth is all but sealed, but Souness remains keen on Aiyegbeni.

A deal in January appears unlikely, although skysports.com understands that United are looking to beat a host of rivals to the Nigerian by agreeing a transfer for the summer now.

"We are talking to Portsmouth about both players," said Souness.

The likes of Chelsea, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Tottenham and Liverpool have all been linked to Aiyegbeni at various points over the past 12 months and Newcastle know that there is likely to be renewed interest in him.

While talk of Aiyegbeni continues, Faye will become a Newcastle player officially in the next few days.

Souness insists that his move for Faye has been a long-term aim of his.

"This is not just a gut reaction to Nicky Butt's hamstring injury," he said.

"Amdy Faye is not someone we've just started to think about in the last few days."

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

He's a tempermental twat, he's one of those people that believes his own hype, he thinks he's better than he is, I don't like Souness and I don't like Newcastle but in this case I feel Souness should tell him to go fuck off, because his attitude stinks.

Refusing to play anywhere is signing your own transfer papers, refusing to play for Graeme Souness is signing your own transfer papers, putting it in a envelope, stamping it and sending it.

Fuck him, I hope he gets the ebola virus.