Transfer Thread

Summers

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graveson is a pile of shit compared to world class midfielders. Real Madrid are supposed to be a world class team with world class players which Graveson isn't.

Everton are such a flukey team as well. They'll probably do what Ipswhich did. Have a great season and then the next season they'll turn out to be shite. Everton are just a boring side to watch if you ask me and I don't see them as a big club what so ever. Obviously they aint shit because that'd be a lie if I said that but I mean they aint good either :P

My point is though, Graveson firstly isn't good enough to play for Madrid and secondly he would be ruining his career because he'd barely get played and wouldn't make it in the Spanish league. Whereas with Everton he is more suited, why move when he's doing pretty good?

Either way I don't think he's been the best midfielder of the season, not a touch on Gerrard and a few others.

You do realise that apart from last season, Everton have had 2-3 good seasons recently, and can realistically be thought of as a good team?

Also, Gravesen has been playing the best possibly out of all the midfielders, but he'll never get the profile of Gerrard and Lampard, just because our newspapers/tv programmes prefer sucking off English players only. Boa Morte (I'm a little biased, as I am a Fulham fan) has easily been one of the best midfielders/wingers, yet I actually saw people complaining when Newcastle though about buying him, as the last time he got any coverage was when he was at Arsenal, and he was a let down.

The media can create the mystique that a player is better then he is, or worse than he is. Gravesen suffers from the latter.

I don't take notice of papers, I take notice of what I see. From what I've seen no one has come close to Gerrard. He's been just outstanding throughout every game he's played in(That I've watched).

So what if Everton have some good seasons? I took back my words and said they aint shit, yet they aren't above average at all in my book.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Surely Everton could of held out for something more than £2million, I'd of demanded at least 5, otherwise they're not exactly gaining anything, 2 million is shit.

In my eyes he won't suit Madrid and the fact they've been chasing him surprises me, but what the hey?

Well they can't exactly control the situation when he can go on a free transfer soon. It's good they got something, better then the Bowyer situation at Leeds when we got about 100k. As for why they want him, he's not in the same mold as some of the other Madrid players who are flair players. Gravesen will be able to help defensively and win the ball where players such as Figo and Zidance might not.

Guest Ringmaster

At this point, anyone signing with Real Madrid is just beging to be benched most of the time, just look at Owen. Madrid could drop Guti or Helguerra, as they are often switching positions, but I see Gravesen as spending a lot of time on the bench in the near future.

Everton ARE a big club. Not as big as they used to be, I'll give you that, but for history alone Everton have to be considered a big club.

Everton's season isn't over, but we will struggle to replace Tommy. I can see Moyes moving for a Right-Winger with Osman switching to the centre where he is more comfortable. That said, Osman's available on a Bosman in July so they best sort him out.

Considering Tommy could've walked away for nothing in the summer, £2 million is about what could be expected. He's having a decent season, but is really not what Madrid need. They need a ball winning, defensive midfielder, and the reason Gravesen has been playing so well is because he hasn't had to win the ball and defend; Carsely has been there to do that for him. Maybe that's who Madrid wanted to sign, they do look a like.

Looks like I'll need a new sig...

:(:(:(

I don't take notice of papers, I take notice of what I see. From what I've seen no one has come close to Gerrard. He's been just outstanding throughout every game he's played in(That I've watched).

So what if Everton have some good seasons? I took back my words and said they aint shit, yet they aren't above average at all in my book.

I was talking about the media in general...I'm guessing you watch Match Of The Day, cos thats just as bad.

I was talking about the media in general...I'm guessing you watch Match Of The Day, cos thats just as bad.

MOTD can edit highlights to only show certain players producing moments of skill while ignoring similar moments of skill form other players, or showing a goalkeepers mistake, but not a fabulous save. Everton rarely get more than 5 minutes on MOTD, and therefore, the true nature of their performance can be lost, or covered up.