Transfer Thread

Summers

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not keen on Kiraly at all, I wouldn't expect them to take it an further either, the only good thing about coming to Arsenal would be Arsenal supplying him with a kit that isn't about 18 sizes too big and doesn't look like a pair of pajamas.

:lol::lol:

I am not either to be honest. He is a great shit stopper, but other than that he is prone to errors from corners and set-pieces imo. We should be aiming a little higher.

I.E. Hildebrandt Arsene :angry:

And I don't want van der Sar either, because by the time the end of next season comes around we will be in the same situation.

Also, I have heard that we don't get a big name goalkeeper because the board don't want to give them so much wages. When Carini was all set to move it crumbled because the board didn't want to give him the £25,000 a week he wanted.

Edited by Gooner4Life

According to reports in Spain, Everton's Thomas Gravesen could jet into Madrid in the next few days as he looks to complete a move to Real.

The Danish midfielder has reportedly also attracted attention from Manchester United and Milan but it is Madrid who are in pole position to land his signature.

Gravesen has excelled at the hub of Everton's midfield this season and is seen as the ideal candidate to add steel to Madrid's light-weight side.

Reports from the capital have suggested a €3 million deal is in the offing, with Everton resigned to losing their talismanic figure as he is out of contract in the summer.

It is expected that the combative Dane will pen a three-year deal, having been convinced to join Madrid by the club's new director of football Arrigo Sacchi.

In the past few weeks Gravesen has conceded that he has been flattered by Madrid's advances and it now appears that he may have concurred on a switch to Spain.

source: planetfootball.com

Liverpool's Morientes Bid Accepted

1/11/2005 10:19:00 PM

Real Madrid have accepted a €10million offer from Liverpool for Fernando Morientes.

The Spanish international is in negotiations with the Premiership club and is set to sign a four-and-a-half-year deal at Anfield and be presented later this week.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez announced that he was becoming impatient after Madrid stalled on a decision whether to sell of keep Morientes.

But new coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo has signalled that he has enough strikers and that gave the board the green light to accept the English club's offer.

Lyon have also tabled a late bid as they want Morientes to replace Giovane Elber, but the offer has come too late as the player who had a successful spell on loan at Monaco last year has already set his heart on a move to Anfield.

Madrid had hoped to force Liverpool into including a deal to give them first option on signing Steven Gerrard, but that was immediatly denied.

The Spanish giants may now make a move for Roma's highly rated forward, Antonio Cassano, to bolster their star-studded squad

I'm sorry if this has allready been posted or known for a long time, but just in case...

Geremi told the chelsea board Middlesboro are interested in him, and he really wants to move, cause he doesn't want to warm the bench all season long.

I've only read this yesterday. Sorry if this is old news.

Just a correction to the Gravesen transfer... Everton are the ones demanding €3.5Million, from what i've read in a spanish paper site. Madrid doesn't want to give all that money mainly because they could have him for free when the season ends, cause Gravesen wont sign with Everton. Gravesen is forcing Everton to decrease the asking price so he could be in Madrid sooner playing the second half of the season with them.

This is what i've read. It may be wrong though.

In other news Parma is up for sale.

EDIT: Also, Brazil keeps the tradition of not letting their football idols die. 38 year old (will be 39 during the season) Romário signed with Vasco for the Season. Just like what happens with all the other Brazilian greats, there will allways be a team willing to sign him just to improve the live attendance (as long as he's still able to move :shifty: ).

Edited by Malenko

Guest The Rocket

Rangers just sold Boumsong for £8 million! Also they've done a share issue thats is to wipe out the massive debt (£50m +)

Also apparently Lyon want 16 million for Essien so that could make Arsenal think twice.

Edited by The Rocket

• Admin

Blackburn can afford to turn down £5m?

:blink:

I think you'll find that Blackburn are one of the few clubs in the country operating without massive bank loans, and turning an actual profit. We know our limits, and stick within them.

I can see Bazza going though, probably for around £5 - £6 million. Sparky will get Savage for afround £3 million after that, and that should give him around £4 million to bring in a decent striker.

:blush:

Blackburn can afford to turn down £5m?

:blink:

I think you'll find that Blackburn are one of the few clubs in the country operating without massive bank loans, and turning an actual profit. We know our limits, and stick within them.

I can see Bazza going though, probably for around £5 - £6 million. Sparky will get Savage for afround £3 million after that, and that should give him around £4 million to bring in a decent striker.

Bazza might go, just can't see who will want and can afford aside Newcastle. Souness does like to sign his old boys.

Rovers do have a bank loan but nto a massive one and yes we are profitable. We don't exactly have millions to spend like that but we do have a good financial picture.

Just noticed, I said everything Rabid did.

Superb news!

Boa Morte agrees new Fulham deal 

Boa Morte's career statistics 

Fulham forward Luis Boa Morte has signed a contract extension with the Cottagers which will run until 2008.

The 27-year-old had been linked with a move to Newcastle after boss Graeme Souness revealed his interest but Boa Morte is happy to stay with Fulham.

"I have been at Fulham for a number of years now and I enjoy my football here. I am happy that we have reached an agreement," said Boa Morte.

"I am now looking forward to the rest of the season," he told their website.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman admitted he was overjoyed to be able to count on the services of the Portuguese international for a further three years.

He said: "I have made no secret of Boa's importance to the squad and I'm delighted he has signed.

"Obviously after the speculation that has surrounded the last few weeks I am even more happy that we have finally managed to put pen to paper."

Credit: www.bbc.co.uk/sport

To be honest, sod Malbranque, Boa Morte is the heart of the Fulham team at the moment. If we had lost him, that would have fucked us up badly...

I wouldn't say no to Andy O'Brien, either.

I'd be disapointed. We don't need another defender at the moment, we've got Delaney, De La Cruz, Mellberg, Ridgewell, Samuel, Drobny on the bench and Laursen to come back. We need a creative midfeilder, preferably Malbranque and a new striker to get the others on there toes, Id loved to see Yakubu, but I can't see it happening, because we haven't got two pennies to rub together.

I agree completely, but, there seems to be no chance of us getting anyone. We're strongly interested in Oliver Dacourt (again), but, I can't see it happening. I'd love to get in Steed, great player. But, I doubt that too. As for a striker, no chance. Who is there to get? Yakubu wants European football, we can't gurantee that, and Pompey said 10 mil, or he isn't going. Who else is there? Putting in a 4 mil bid for Phillips was retarded. Soton aren't going to sell Beattie, then Phillips.