Transfer Thread

Summers

I like Barry Ferguson, from what I've seen he looks a good player.

Callum Davenport has gone to Southampton on loan, and they've also taken Alex Nyarko and Abel Xavier on trial, or so I heard. As if they weren't in enough trouble, they sign the weakest 6'+ centre midfielder I've seen and a defender who is only good for comedy value (Xavier, not Davenport). Les Ferdinand is also supposed to be on his way in.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would like to see Ferguson come back, I would like to see him playing for a bigger Premiership team to show what he can do.

Anyone know anything on this guy that Chelsea are reportedly moving for? Jiri Jarosik from CSKA Moscow. I saw CSKA live at Ibrox but I can't really remember much of him.

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington has had a bid for striker Dean Ashton accepted by Crewe.

The Canaries have been tracking the free-scoring centre forward for some time, but Worthington appeared to admit defeat earlier in the week when hinting the forward was out of their reach.

Worthington suggested that Spurs had entered the race for Ashton, but Tottenham revealed that their interest ended in the summer.

With Norwich seemingly the only bidders for Ashton, Crewe have accepted their proposal and The Canaries will now be free to talk to the 21-year-old.

A statement on Norwich's website has stated that Ashton is on his way to Carrow Road to discuss terms, which would appear to suggest that he is keen to seal a move to The Premiership.

Crewe boss Dario Gradi admits there could be a swift conclusion, as he said: "The ball is in his court and he might have even signed for them by the end of the day.

"But if he decides against it then he will play for us at Coventry tomorrow."

source: planetfootball.com

If Norwich sign him, that could be one of the best signings this season imo. It could well be the key to keeping them up.

But he could easily prove to not be very good in the top flight and Norwich will still get relegated.

A lot of interesting signings so far, this could be another.

Norwich City have completed the signing of Dean Ashton from Crewe Alexandra for a club-record fee of £3 million.

The prolific striker has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal - with the option of another year at Carrow Road - after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

The move ends a long chase by Canaries boss Nigel Worthington for a new striker and the Carrow Road chief was delighted to bring in the England Under-21 international.

"I'm delighted that we've been able to attract such a young talent to Carrow Road," Worthington told the club's official website.

"Dean is currently one of the best young strikers in the country and has scored goals for Crewe on a consistent basis."

Ashton was excited at the prospect of playing in The Premiership.

"It's incredibly exciting," said Ashton.

"To come from Crewe to a good club like Norwich and play in The Premiership is tremendous.

"With Norwich, I felt there was a chance to play regularly. The main thing I've noticed is how professional the club is. All the facilities are excellent."

Southampton and Tottenham are battling it out for Roma striker Mido.

The player's agent Christophe Henrotay confirmed both clubs had made enquiries for the Egyptian international.

Both sides are in the market for a new striker with Southampton seeking a replacement for James Beattie and Tottenham boss Martin Jol admitting he would like a fourth striker at the club.

Southampton have held a long-term interest in Mido and tried to sign him last summer before he opted to move to Roma.

Mido has struggled to make an impact at Roma and is keen on a move away after finding his first team opportunities limited at the Stadio Olimpico.

Henrotay revealed both clubs had made enquiries for Mido over a possible loan move and that a move could happen if Roma decide to let him go.

"Yeah there are some possibilities with Mido, but at the moment it is very complicated because Roma paid a lot of money for Mido and he has not played a lot," Henrotay told skysports.com.

"We are looking for a loan and it is true that Southampton are looking for some solution.

"I have spoken to the chairman Rupert Lowe and he knows the player and he tried to bring him to the club before."

"Tottenham are also keen and (sporting director) Frank Arnesen knows all about Mido from his time in Holland.

"Mido wants to be playing football and he would go to a club where he will be playing."

The agent of Crystal Palace goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly insists that Arsenal are on the trail of his client.

The Hungarian custodian has proved something of a revelation at Palace since his summer switch from Hertha Berlin, and has already become a cult figure at Selhurst Park.

Kiraly has cemented himself as number one after starting the season behind Julian Speroni in the Palace pecking order.

He has produced a string of fine performances for The Eagles in recent months, and his agent Gunnar Grynner insists his form has caught the eye of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger - as well as a number of other Premiership clubs.

"There has been no contact from Arsenal, but I know that they are watching him, and so are other teams from The Premiership," Grynner told skysports.com.

"I don't think there will be anything in January, it is more likely in the summer.

"There are about three or four other teams who are looking for a good goalkeeper, but I don't want to say too much about them at this stage.

"He has signed a two-year contract at Crystal Palace and is happy there, and is just concentrating on doing his job."

Arsenal's need for a top-class keeper is well-documented with neither Jens Lehmann or Manuel Almunia having convinced as number one at Highbury.

If Kiraly can maintain his excellent form in the second half of the season he could emerge as a real candidate for Wenger, and would be a very accessible target if Palace fail to avoid relegation from the top-flight.

source for both: planetfootball.com

Southampton and Tottenham are battling it out for Roma striker Mido.

The player's agent Christophe Henrotay confirmed both clubs had made enquiries for the Egyptian international.

Both sides are in the market for a new striker with Southampton seeking a replacement for James Beattie and Tottenham boss Martin Jol admitting he would like a fourth striker at the club.

Southampton have held a long-term interest in Mido and tried to sign him last summer before he opted to move to Roma.

Mido has struggled to make an impact at Roma and is keen on a move away after finding his first team opportunities limited at the Stadio Olimpico.

Henrotay revealed both clubs had made enquiries for Mido over a possible loan move and that a move could happen if Roma decide to let him go.

"Yeah there are some possibilities with Mido, but at the moment it is very complicated because Roma paid a lot of money for Mido and he has not played a lot," Henrotay told skysports.com.

"We are looking for a loan and it is true that Southampton are looking for some solution.

"I have spoken to the chairman Rupert Lowe and he knows the player and he tried to bring him to the club before."

"Tottenham are also keen and (sporting director) Frank Arnesen knows all about Mido from his time in Holland.

"Mido wants to be playing football and he would go to a club where he will be playing."

Mido is a quality player (or he is on CM), he seems good and i think Southampton would be the better choice. Mido and Phillips would be good for them

The agent of Crystal Palace goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly insists that Arsenal are on the trail of his client.

The Hungarian custodian has proved something of a revelation at Palace since his summer switch from Hertha Berlin, and has already become a cult figure at Selhurst Park.

Kiraly has cemented himself as number one after starting the season behind Julian Speroni in the Palace pecking order.

He has produced a string of fine performances for The Eagles in recent months, and his agent Gunnar Grynner insists his form has caught the eye of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger - as well as a number of other Premiership clubs.

"There has been no contact from Arsenal, but I know that they are watching him, and so are other teams from The Premiership," Grynner told skysports.com.

"I don't think there will be anything in January, it is more likely in the summer.

"There are about three or four other teams who are looking for a good goalkeeper, but I don't want to say too much about them at this stage.

"He has signed a two-year contract at Crystal Palace and is happy there, and is just concentrating on doing his job."

Arsenal's need for a top-class keeper is well-documented with neither Jens Lehmann or Manuel Almunia having convinced as number one at Highbury.

If Kiraly can maintain his excellent form in the second half of the season he could emerge as a real candidate for Wenger, and would be a very accessible target if Palace fail to avoid relegation from the top-flight.

source for both: planetfootball.com

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Not keen on Kiraly at all, I wouldn't expect them to take it an further either, the only good thing about coming to Arsenal would be Arsenal supplying him with a kit that isn't about 18 sizes too big and doesn't look like a pair of pajamas.

Bolton willing to let Pedersen go

The Dane, who has scored nine goals this season, is being made available so boss Sam Allardyce can strengthen the squad to escape the relegation battle.

"It was especially disappointing to hear Bolton want to sell me after such a good season," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"I'll try and keep scoring and make it obvious that I want to stay."

Pedersen is one of seven players who have been put up for transfer and assistant manager Phil Brown says there is every possibility of major changes to the squad before the transfer window closes.

"There has been interest already," he told BBC GMR.

"It has set the ball rolling and who knows by the end of January we might have two or three players in and two or three out."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4165589.stm

Very suprised by this as he's done well this season. Despite that I can't see him earning a big move to someone like Liverpool despite their shortage of strikers but stranger things have happened.