Transfer Thread

Summers

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent hasn't faded at all. He has been playing really well and working hard, but playing on his own leave him isolated, even with 4 midfielders supporting him. When the ball is cleared, they take to long to get level with him, or Graveson tries to launch a quick counter-attack and when its Bent vs. two centre backs, he has no chance. He would benefit from either a strike partner, or another, more cerative centre-midfielder who will force the play, instead of waiting for something to happen like our current crop of midfielders tend to do.

Graveson to Real? Word is they are looking for players on the cheap for the summer to allow them to sign a big name they actually need, and the form Graveson has been in has been excellent. When he's good, he's very good, but when he's bad, he's bloody awful.

Very pleased with Beattie, just hope he passes a medical. Can't help feeling we've been here before with Sean Davis.

I wouldn't be suprised to see either Bent move to the right-wing, a change in formation, or Bent used more as a substitute, brought on to run at tired defences for the last 30 minutes.

Edited by evertonfan

Guest The Real Deal

David O'Leary has just said well it says on teletext that he won't be after another striker..

That seems pretty weird as we do need one but I put my trust in David.

Need a centre back and a creative midfielder more than any thing. Woulnd't of minded getting robbie keane just to put some preasure on the forwards, but I don't reckon he'd come to us.

I think he needs to sub Angel on saturday if he's playing shit and play the moores upfront just to show him he's not indispensable. Don't get me wrong he's a class player but he hasn't looked interested this season and needs a kick up the arse.

Losing 2-0 pallace aint on, just promoted, they're the away points you expect to pick up, we shouldn't of gone there and played 4-5-1.

I hope we do sign a midfielder in the window but I don't reckon we will. Need someone who's going to take players on and have a shot. Since Hitzlspergers been out we haven't had anyone who'll shoot from midfield. Won't be solved when he comes back either, he's got a good shot on him but thats bout it. His positionings shit and he don't get stuck in enough for a centre midfielder.

Breaking news on Sky Sports News is that Robbie Savage has handed in a transfer request. I will get a link in a second.

Birmingham City midfielder Robbie Savage has requested a transfer.

The Wales international has been subject of intense speculation recently, with Blackburn Rovers having an offer rejected for the star.

Savage had stated he is happy at St Andrews, but did reveal family problems and suggested he was keen to move nearer his family in Wrexham.

More to follow...

source: planetfootball.com

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest The Real Deal

I could see Ferguson going back to Rangers.

John Hartson is rumoured to be looking to go to Blackburn either that or they enquired about him but it was turned down.

• Admin

The best thing about the Beattie deal is the 25% sell on clause in his contract, meaning £1.5 million of the £6 million fee is coming straight back to Ewood.

Savage will be at Rovers within a week. It's suggested a £2.7 million deal will be agreed, with £1 million up front and the rest staggered and performance related.

Ferguson won't go anywhere during this window, but maybe in the summer.

Hartson won't come to Rovers though, unless he takes a drastic pay cut.

We still need a striker though. I think we should take a look at Ashton personally, but it'll be interesting to see who Sparky goes for.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

John Hartson sucked in the premiership, he's old fat and ginger and is only any good for Celtic because everyone else in the SPL are fucking amateurs.

• Admin

I think Savage could be key to Ferguson moving. I've heard that Blackburn want Savage but can't really afford him, selling Ferguson to Rangers for around £3Mil would allow them to bid and then everyone would be happy. smile.gif

Ah, but after the Beattie sale, and the Dahlin Insurance court case, we can afford him now. Plus, rumours abound that Sparky's rejected a £5m bid from Newcastle for Bazza, so I can't see Rangers getting anything for less than £6million (I believe that the board don't want to make too much of a loss on him if he does go)

• Admin

Savage is more likely a replacement for Tugay, a holding midfield player who'll get stuck in a bit more, allowing Ferguson to push on forward more often.

Of course, if Ferguson does go, Thompson will just step into that role.

Forgot to mention this: I'm fairly sure Blackburn still owe Rangers a fair bit of money for the original Ferguson fee, this is why I came up with the £3million figure. I'm fairly sure Bazza would choose a move to Newcastle as he is yet to really prove himself in England.

What is the General opinion of Barry by the Blackburn/English Football fans?

• Admin

Forgot to mention this: I'm fairly sure Blackburn still owe Rangers a fair bit of money for the original Ferguson fee, this is why I came up with the £3million figure. I'm fairly sure Bazza would choose a move to Newcastle as he is yet to really prove himself in England.

What is the General opinion of Barry by the Blackburn/English Football fans?

He's been OK, shown flashes of what he can do. The injury last year really disrupted him I think, and our start to the season hasn't helped him either. Looks like he's starting to get into his stride now though, put some excellent performances forward recently.