Surviving Christmas comes out in record time.

ROC

Guess what coming out on DVD in record time?

Surviving Christmas.

According to IMDB,

This movie has the shortest period of time (less than nine weeks) between its theatrical debut and release on video than any other major release film in Hollywood history.

It came out at a horrible time... I remember a lot of people were calling it Surviving Halloween to see if it could make it past Oct. 31... it didn't.

If they released it in theaters last week, I'm sure it would have done a little better... if people are going to see Christmas With the Kranks, they'll see anything.

Ben Affleck needs to learn that you can say no to a script.

They probably should have just released it straight to DVD. Wuld have made more money as word of mouth about the movie is terrible. And yes, Ben Affleck needs to start reading scripts for himself now.

Although he did agree to star in a movie about Texas Hold'em which I will definatly end up seeing. For two reason, 1) to see if he can do better than Matt Damon's "Rounders", and 2) because I love me my Texas Hold 'Em.

Well, the movie was done last year but wasn't released due to Affleck in Paycheck and Hollywood not wanting to ruin that movie so it HAS been sitting in a vault for a year. The DVD actually HASN'T come out that fast. :)

Well yeah but I think it's refering to the fastest "Theater-to-Home Video" rate. Not the fastest "Production-to-Home Video" rate.

THe funny thing is Christmas with the Kranks(Which is just as bad) is doing MUCH better then Surviving Christmas. It will sure get over 60 + Mill in the B.O. Wrong time to release a crappy movie.

THe funny thing is Christmas with the Kranks(Which is just as bad) is doing MUCH better then Surviving Christmas. It will sure get over 60 + Mill in the B.O.  Wrong time to release a crappy movie.

Not really the wrong time to release a crappy movie....releasing SC around Christmas wouldn't have given it a CWTK type of run. CWTK is a PG family movie. SC is a PG-13 Ben Affleck movie. :shifty:

CWTC wasn't an extremely bad movie IMO... Polar Express is still the best christmas movie this year though

And as far as Surviving Christmas is concerned, my mom actually renting it thinking it looked good... I had to bite my lip to not say how horrible it's getting in the reviews but I'll get to judge it myself when I watch it.

I think just in terms of a family film with a message, i dunno. I saw the movie for free with a friend who works for a movie theater. It was so horrible. Not only did I not laugh once but I was offended about how pro-conformity it was.