Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Yes! The last day of the season and my expected relegation candidates Doncaster Rovers secured the Championship title after a 1-0 win against Ipswich. Pre game 1st and 3rd placed Leicster and Portsmouth faced off and Portsmouth won to leave me the chance to go top, Marc Bridge Wilkinson scores and we win. We end on 98 points, Leicster 96, Pompey 95.

The fans were ecstatic that I had done the unthinkable in taking them to the Premiership and were thinking of building a statue in my honour.  :D

Rockin, my reserves won their league too as did my under 18's (for the second time in a row).

psh, you always cheat anyway :P.

:o

My stadium is going to be increased by 4500 seats in 6 months so i'm gonna start in the Prem with a 14,000 seater stadium. I've got a mere 1m to fund my efforts to stay up, hopefully I will get more when I get the TV money. Plus most of my best players want big ass contracts now, 20k+ and I can only offer 8k :(

Also, Notts Forest won the playoffs after loaning their way to sucsess. They had Sinama Pongolle during the season and at the end they had Roy Keane, Nicky Butt and Joe Cole.

My board upped my max wage allowance...to 12k. :(

Edited by King Ellis

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaaaaaaaaay.

I just won the 2006 World Cup with England, beating the Czechs 4-0 in the quarters, Brazil 1-0 in the semis and beating Spain in the final on penalties. Hooray, I win one trophy and I'm in the hall of fame. Gerrard, Robinson, Joe Cole and Ledley King were all fucking superb.

I hate how for the third year running West Brom's chairman has decided to slash my wages budget. I made them 15 million profit last year and all I ask for is 250 Thou to have for wages - cause thats about the limit I can work to with a few cuts here and there.

But this year I have 180 Thou...so fuck them I'm 90 Thou over with 270 and they will have to lump it.

I'm at Bristol City at the moment, 10 games to go in my first season and we're fourth and 5pts clear of 8th (which is the first non-playoff place).

Loans are Godly at lower leagues. Paul Harrison from Liverpool has been my 'keeper for the whole season (because IRL both our keepers are shite, and I sold Kevin Miller straight away, despite his averagely ok stats) and he's been awesome. We've got the best defensive record in the league (it was the best in England mid-season, but we got a bit shit when David Fox left. Still best outside of the Championship though).

As mentioned, I got David Fox on loan from Man Utd and NOTHING got through my midfield :P David Norris was unhappy at Plymouth (he's awesome IRL) so I loaned him and ended up signing him.

Also signed Regi Blinker on a free even though I didn't really need him. Our wage bill is really high, but if we get promoted it would be worth it.

I play 4-1-4-1 away, and 4-4-1-1 at home, so we've only got one striker which is why we don't score much (the other reason is because Junior Agogo is really underrated in the game :().

So yeah, ten games to go and the board would give me anal if I asked for it. Good times.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Players that dislike you, now thats something that pisses me off, I paid £17million for Cassano, then he claimed he was homesick (Roma to Juve, oh how could you cope!), I gave him leave, he came back, said he was fine, now he dislikes me and wants to leave. Well fuck you then.

Buffon is still crying about me offering him away at the start of the previous season too, get over it or say hello to Maarten Stekelenberg.

Temperamental bastards, just signed Ronaldinho too, he needs to score and fast.

Cassano is a twat, that is probably why.

He is one player you should never sign, he maybe class, but he is a whiny little bitch.

Thats the thing, he did fuck all for me, so I shipped him off to Spain and signed Defoe instead, he had 6 months, he scored less than Fabregas and he can't even speak the language. I think it became worse when I added a picture of Cassano, I didn't realise he looked THAT gay.

Bwahahaha.

You nearly made me spit drink out again. Except I finished my drink 10 minutes ago. :shifty:

I could of waited until the following season and got him on a free, but getting people on a free gets boring, especially when you could just buy them out straight away because you're loaded.

Well, anyone that gets unsettled and makes a big deal about it, especially when he's not even moving to a new country needs a big kick up the ass.

I got Rovers into League One~!

That's like...the first time I've ever got a team promoted since CM2 (but to be fair, I didn't play the others much). We finished fourth and won the playoffs (we almost went up automatically, but Cheltenham had to lose one of their two games (or draw both), and a 91st minute penalty against Yeovil gave them the win they needed to secure promotion). The playoffs were very nervy. We beat Orient 3-1 and home and my stiffies and youngsters held them 0-0 in London so we went to the final against Oxford, and came out 3-2 winners after coming back from 2-1 (we scored in the first minute and then it all went down hill).

The only problem is, we've still got no transfer funds (we're only in the black because of 300k TV money) and the wage bill is still 4k over, so I could only sign a few backup players on freebies. So we've basically got to battle relegation with the same team we had last season.

To make things worse, our superkeeper left Liverpool and signed for Championship newcomers Bristol City (of all people!), and they're obviously not going to loan him to me for the whole season again (they wouldn't give anything to me for a day, let alone a season :shifty:), so I'll have to find another season-long loanee keeper because I can't find any good ones on a freebie (although my second choice keeper actually does pretty well when needed. Wouldn't want to rely on him as a #1 though).

The good thing about not being able to afford players is that I've gotten to know my squad really well. I wrote out a list of all the player instructions for each guy, but I hardly need to look at it now. For example, David Norris is king of the long shot, but Stuart Campbell couldn't score from outside the six yard box even if there was no 'keeper. Making Tom Newey run with the ball is asking for trouble, but Robbie Ryan is awesome at it, etc etc.

So yeah, hopefully my tactical genius (:shifty:) can overcome my lack of funds. The first eleven isn't a bad team, and the Midfield would do well in the Championship, but the backup is non existant or shit. It's going to be a long season :P

Does anyone else arrange friendly tournaments/cups in the pre-season? I just arranged one between me, City, Bristol Manor Farm (crappy non-league team) and Team Bath (not quite so crappy local non-league team). Unfortunately I drew City in the first round and got knocked out of my own competition <_<

Edited by TheReilDeal

The 5.0.5 patch has fucked up my copy of FM. I installed it to play an internet game (not hosted by me), and all was rosy. Then I try to start a new game today across my local network, and it crashes. I try several times, on four different computers, and have no joy on any of them. I uninstall FM, reinstall it and apply the patch again; no joy. I uninstall FM, reinstall it but DON'T apply the patch, and it works aight. So now I can play this network game, but not the internet game because without the 5.0.5 I can't join it.

I know people have been having problems with the patch, but they all seemed to find reinstalling FM solved the problem. Anyone have any help whatsoever?

So upon reaching the promised land of the Premiership I needed to bolster my Doncaster Squad:

Frees/Loans

Roy Keane, Massimo Maccarone, Ben Thatcher, Joe Cole, Adil Ramzi, Gareth Southgate (he's only in for extreme backup and to be a coach), Wayne Routledge, Dider Agathe and Zander Diamond. Also got Anthony Le Tallec and Arturo Lupoli in on loan. Got quite a few strikers now so getting both is kind of a waste I suppose but it's good to have backup.

Involved Fees

Javier Grande 300k-Young DMC from Real Madrid who looks good. Has quite a few high stats and is only 21.

Gary MacKenzie 20k-Played well for me on my Rangers game so I thought i'd bring him in.

Thomas Klaus 90k-23 years old, some good stats and a mere 90k.

Started off with Arsenal at home, a respectable 2-0 loss. We had 3 shots, they had 33. Lost 3-1 (Joe Cole) at Stamford Bridge but followed that with a good 3-1 (Maloney, Maccorone, Klaus) win at Norwhich. Beat Leicester away also, 4-1 (Maloney hat-trick, Le Tallec) so the start of the season is looking good, 11th in the league.

Just got Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes in on frees before the deadline, their technical attributes seem to have taken a hammering but other than they have some good mental stats and will provide some depth. Also good job I got those strikers, Leon Mckenzie just broke his leg :(

Edited by King Ellis

Getting bored at Juve, won the league and the Italian cup, Liverpool won the CL, the Deportivo job is going, its a bit of a bitch because their squad is massive, but I suppose I can sell half of them for a transfer kitty. Might try and bring a few players with me too.