Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Guest Red Devil

I went furthest with Real Betis going into the 2009/10 season. I won the La Liga 4 years in a row and the Champions League twice in a row. I was dominating the league and had all the best players in the world and it got boring so i quit the game. I tried to start a new game with Luton but quickly got my ass fired and now i've got no game and i'm trying to think of a new one to start.

I don't really like starting with lower teams as i'm not good with players i don't know so has anyone got any suggestions? Mainly a Premiership club or a top Championship side?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's one season :P

Yea I dont play much. I played a bit when I first got in and in the month or so afterwoods but stopped playing. Only started playing again few weeks ago.

Heh, I just jumped ship to Doncaster Rovers. The promise of transfer funds was too good to turn down. 21 days in all in Scotland. My loyalty stays at 7 :blink:

Bwhahahaha! Leeds just lost 2-1 to Accrington Stanley.

Edited by King Ellis

Yay, won LDV Vans trophy and finished 18th in League One, survived relegation on the last day of the season.

If we're including old Champys I think i got to 2014 on 99/00 and around the same time on 01/02.

In cm 01/02 i was in the 2026/27 season managing Paços de Ferreira (a portuguese team) after having been in about 10 others before. I was at the same time managing france from when i was still in a good club which i don't remember what it was. I won the 2026 world cup. :P I also had managed Norway, Belgium, Sweden and Denmark before.

In FM i'm only on my second season with Hornchurch, but i don't like playing it on a rush.

Ah shit.

Just when everything is going well with Palace, forth in the Prem, four bloody players refuse to resign.

My first choice keeper Labont won't resign. Hitzlsperger won't resign. Neither will *gulps* Andrew Johnson. :(

Oh well, still have Baros and Mokoena up front.

Any idea for a good keeper around 2007, that doesn't ask for much. Minimal transfer money left, and wages are cut well down. Libis Andres Arenas can't cut it at the moment.

I qualified for the World Cup 2006 in my England game, 9 wins from 10 games, one defeat.

My group is Ivory Coast, Wales and USA.

I am sure I will go through. Only one problem, Gerrard injured himself toward the end of the season and is out for 7 months, he doesn't seem to like World Cups does he? Who to play, King or Hargreaves.

Also, Arsenal won the league by about 24 points which was kind of amazing, Fulham won the UEFA Cup with a 1-0 win over Liverpool.

Also, Ashley Cole was sold to Valencia for £37m, Ronaldinho went to Chelsea for £56m, Aliaidere went to Newcastle for £12m, Deco and Lucio both went to Liverpool for £15m each and also Arsenal signed Alonso for £22m. I like this game so far.

If you haven't tried international managment, you should, it is fun.

Yay I can finally inform everyone of my latest developments. In my first season at Doncaster I narrowly avoided releagation on the last day of the season and was told to make mid table next season. With the addition of Leon McKenzie and an on loan Bellion up front I managed to gain promotion to the Championship via the playoffs and retained the LDV Vans trophy.

I missed out on quite a few of my transfer targets over the summer, namely Bellion but I have managed to get Jaidi from Bolton, Maloaney from Celtic and a Defensive mid called Hossam Ghali from Feyornoord. MY Assistant manager doesn't think I can survive with my squad but i'll show him. :D

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I've got the new patch with data and started a new game with Juve, tried offering Buffon out to all the elite teams, as you can expect he's not too happy.

Basically two clubs own a player and after 2 years I think both clubs will need to bid to decide who gets the player.

If someone wants to sign someone who is co-owned, the bid must be accepted from both sides.

Think that is all you need to know really.

Lastly, why do you want to sell Buffon again?

Edited by Gooner4Life

He's worth £26million or so, since its so easy buying in good goalkeepers at more reasonable prices, I might aswell be all businessman and take the remainder of the money for transfers.

Nobody would pay a reasonable price for him, so he's staying.

Can anyone direct me to some good, young, cheap British defender and goalkeepers?

I'm Arsenal and my chairman doesn't like Liam Ridgewell, Joleon Lescott or Jason Brown.

I'm trying to get Paul Connolly from Plymouth for £1.6m as well as Jay McEveley from Blackburn for £1m. So...options?

Actually, think I'll recommend a 16-year old 'keeper to people. I haven't bought him yet, but my scouts are raving about Crystal Palace's David Wilkinson. This is what their report says about him:

"Crystal Palace's young goalkeeper David Wilkinson is destined for a great career and would make an excellent signing for any team."

His stats a pretty damn good for a 16-year old as well.

I think the new patch may have brought back the rejecting contract bug, even though you're offering them what they want and more.

FUCK YOU TEVEZ, IM LOOSING MY PATIENCE WITH YOU, YOU BASTARD.

One "bug" (bloody must be) which hasn't been fixed is to do with contracts. Might even be the one mudda's talking about actually.

I offered Liam Ridgewell a contract. He wanted £6,000 I offered him £2,000. He rejected it but was willing to negotiate, but then he says that i don't have the resources to to sign him! Retard.

Also, because I keep ignoring Peter Hill-Wood on transfers, the board are unhappy with the start I've made but believe the future is bright in my hands. Now, bare in mind I'm only in pre-season...and I've scored 12 and conceeded 1 in 5 games. Fools...

Nah, its not the same, Tevez asks for 55,000 a week, I agree and he declines, he is willing to negociate, makes the same demands, I offer him more, he refuses, gets fed-up with negociations and pisses off, the tosser.

One "bug" (bloody must be) which hasn't been fixed is to do with contracts. Might even be the one mudda's talking about actually.

I offered Liam Ridgewell a contract. He wanted £6,000 I offered him £2,000. He rejected it but was willing to negotiate, but then he says that i don't have the resources to to sign him! Retard.

Makes sence to me, he asks for a relatively low salary you offer 4k less. If that doesn't make you look small time what will?

But he's saying that I don't have the RESOURCES to meet his demands, where I clearly do. So it makes no sense. Also, why say he's willing to negotiate with me, but then when I go to the negotiate screen he says that?

I'm not sure if its actually a bug, its been in the game and previous versions for years, its an annoying thing that I've delt with, but to me its a risk of not offering the player what they want.

I don't actually see it as him questioning whether you have £4,000 or not.