Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

How does the Liverpool scenario work on FM?

With two games to go I'm going to finish 5th in the Premiership definately.  7 points behind 4th and 10 clear of 6th.  It's part of the price I've paid by resting my main players for the game before a vital cup match.  ON the plus side of got the European Cup Final to come against Barca.  I'm doubting that I'll win but just in case, what is the way the game resolves this incident?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Red Devil

After going through numerous games I have finally stuck to a game. I'm 3 seasons in with Newcastle and still going strong so hopefully it can continue!

Edited by Red Devil

In my latest game, Northampton Town have gone off the deep end. It started when they managed to secured a £475K transfer of the transfer listed Peter Crouch. I thought it was crazy, but I ignored it after a while. Next they signed Arsenal youth Justin Hoyte for £500K. Lastly during the '05-'06 January transfer window, they just signed Nathan 'Duke' Ellington for £1.8 million. I can't find anywhere where they would have the sold players necessary to pick up that amount of money? Do they make buys like this in any of your past games?

When you play, what methods do you use?

It seems there is likely to be two main categories - those who either:

a) Big Buys, splashing the cash on the superstars of today.

b) Small Buys, investing in the superstars of tomorrow.

Well, with Arsenal I'm always doing b). But I've got a Sevilla game going right now in which I spent £23m in my first season (not including the money I have to pay over the coming months) and right now I'm in July and I've already spent about £6m I think, so it depends who I am. That said, I've signed vanden Borre and Cerci for the future.

If I'm a team that doesn't need new players, I'll build for the future.

After almost 2 years, 3.4million downloads (goodness) and some absolutely superb banter sortitoutsi.net is closing.

The decision was a hard one taken by Cleon & Caleyjag but we both felt that the time was right to call it a day. The site has been a fantastic place to be a part of but we can no longer dedicate any more of our time to it without it affecting our personal lives.

We didn't feel that keeping it open and us moving on was an option either as the pull to come back would be too great. Closing completely is the only way forward for ourselves.

Massive massive thanks to everyone that contributed to the site over the last 2 years. This sites success depended on users submitting files, players & tactics and joining in forum discussions and I'd like to think we made a bloody good job of it while we were online.

On a personal note, I'm leaving this place knowing that we made a helluva good job of it. Coding the site was fantastic fun and seeing people use something I had developed gave me a great deal of satisfaction.

Good luck to everyone in the future with whatever they do in life.

Dave "Caleyjag" Murchison

Yeah, TDO is shit. It was cool when menubars still existed though. CMGamer (now FMGamer) was ok too. The new forums have kicked up though, already (from the old Susie community) so I'm pretty sure people with just use freehosts and post their work there! :D

http://s12.invisionfree.com/SUSIE/index.php?act=idx

Long live Susie!

Edited by The Kraig

I've decieded to start a gimmick game to play solo as currently i'm playing a hot seat game with my friend a lot and I want something to mess around on when we can't play. One idea was to play with a team consiting only of players with the same surname, probably Smith as it's a common name. Where to do this is holding me back, if I did it say in the Premiership I might not get enough talented players to keep me in a job whereas lower down in the Conference I might not be able to attract many players and might be left with only 3 Smith players. I think i'm going to make a club in the conference with a bit of a higher rep then the others and a few million in case i need to splash out for a Smith. I'm going to try just taking over one first and see how it goes, naturally on a Huge database. :P

So, I tried finding someone in the Conf who even had the slightest bit of cash but couldn't find anyone. Went with Leigh RMI as hopefully any relegation would be expected and my job would still be intact. However with the club 50k in the red (which is considered 'Ok' financially btw) I have to turn to free transfers for my Smith fix and wouldn't you know it, no one want's to join me let alone anyone with Smith in their name. Bastardo. New reputable cash laden Conference team ahoy.

I tried the EDT thing, Leigh RMI now have £5m and a reputation of 3000 (formely 1250, other clubs had around 2000). To test something the FAQ said I boosted Chelseas funds further to 2.9 billion pounds as i'd tried to do this before in the editor but it never let me. Interestingly this amount is considered 'Okay', guess the game never thought a team would have that kinda money and doesn't have a description above Rich. :) Some notes regarding a 2.9 billion bank balance, it actually came out as 2.1b in the end, of which I get 1.8b for transfers. I guess they need that 300m just in case :pinch: That and my wage budget is 2m a week, Chelsea spend almost half that currently. Bwhahahaha, in Abramovichs opening message it said "he hopes you secure the long term future of the club by employing sensible tactics in the transfer market." screw you buddy I have 1.8b to spend. Turns out they did need that 300m spare, I spent 1b on Barca/Madrid players at minimum fee release clause price, which, for those who don't know is around 5/6 times their actual estimated value. Apparently though money isn't everything with some players turning down 160k wages and 8m signing on fees.

Edited by King Ellis

Soooooooooo, how long has it been since someone tried to organize a big EWB game and for it to fail fairly quickly?  <_<

Dan showed interest in doing one yesterday but he (like Duffman) says a lot of things. He seems to be gaining interest in anything he sets his eyes on lately including but not limited to: FM, Conquer, PES, BLC, an EWB efed, an FM site and MDK's site.

Soooooooooo, how long has it been since someone tried to organize a big EWB game and for it to fail fairly quickly?  <_<

Dan showed interest in doing one yesterday but he (like Duffman) says a lot of things. He seems to be gaining interest in anything he sets his eyes on lately including but not limited to: FM, Conquer, PES, BLC, an EWB efed, an FM site and MDK's site.

Sounds a bit like me then. Just thinking it was a good time to have one with the summer holidays and all.